Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Breath Appeal One Month Starter Kit
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Thank you Scientist Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on July 31, 2013
Watch Out! There are a few "hidden" things that I found out about this product AFTER reordering! I hope that you don't have the problem that I did, but as a potential warning, this product stained my teeth DARK BROWN around my gum line after I had been using it for a little over a month! I had used the "Starter Kit" up and everything was ok and my breath was great; I had a bit of a problem with dry mouth, but nothing big, so I re-ordered a 3 month supply. After continuing with the product, (I'd been using it for about 6 weeks)I noticed my gumline getting dark. I take very good care of my teeth; I was flossing 2x a day, I do twice yearly cleanings, & use periodic bleach strips to brighten them up, so this was very noticable and ugly. I had been brushing 2-3x a day with an electric toothbrush, so I tried brushing my teeth as well as using the rinse, thinking that both were needed, but that didn't help, and the brown stains were getting bigger. Bleach strips didn't do anything to help, so I did a full at home bleach session. That didn't make a dent in the brown stains which continued to grow, so I went to my dentist and he was appalled! He said that he had seen stains like that before from other mouth rinses and the only way to remove them was to scrape them off. I contacted Breath Appeal and told them what he said and that I wanted to return the product, and the person said sure, no problem, and that it would be credited back to my card. I went in and spent $119.00 on a very uncomfortable teeth deep-cleaning to get the stains scraped off. After 3 weeks had gone by with no refund I called Breath Assure again and was told that I wouldn't be getting a refund because it was a refill, and they only refund the 30 day initial supply! I guess if I would have looked into their convoluted "guarantee" that they will only guarantee their product for the first 30 days of use, and after that they wash their hands of it, I might have thought twice about getting more of it, but hindsight... Anyway, I have now spent almost $200.00 on cleaning and the product that I can't use and the company is telling me that they have never had this happen before. Huuuummm. Somehow I doubt I am the only one out there that has had this problem. Just wanted to warn you that if you have gone through your first 30 days and are doing well on it, rather than buying a 60 day refill supply, maybe have a friend/spouse buy another starter set for you for your next 30 day supply, just so that you have the guarantee in place in case you have problems. I wish I had!
33 comments| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 13, 2012
I have used this product for some time now. I have gone off it at times when i have become complacent about my breath--but time and time again i continue to re order. It not only makes the breath 'not smelly'--but your breath will literally smell like strawberries after you have used it regularly for about a week. I used to never kiss my husband when we got married. I used to not talk alot around him as well--as my horrid breath would literally saturate and permeate the entire room! Now we kiss all the time and I feel so good about my breath it is like getting a confidence makeover! And I don't feel at all uncomfortable talking in 'close quarters'. I actually am excited to do so--because people will even comment--"your breath smells like strawberries" I am so proud of my fresh, sweet breath!
on September 19, 2013
I have always suffered from bad breath. When my new boyfriend was constantly telling my breath was "stinky" nearly every other day, I decided I needed to do something about it. He didn't like approaching me for kisses, and shied away from me when I spoke at times. Finally, I found something that worked for me. I have been using it for almost a month and haven't heard ONE "your breath is stinky" comment since the first time I used Breath Appeal. Now the bad news: because of the oxidizing agent in this product, it can cause dry mouth which leads to a condition known as "furry tongue". I'm surprised I haven't seen any other comments regarding this side effect. I noticed it a few days ago and this morning, while scraping my tongue, I realized it was getting worse; I couldn't deny that my tongue definitely looked "furry". I think I'll have to use this product once a day in addition to rinsing with hydrogen peroxide, which is what the Mayo Clinic suggests. It's considered a completely benign condition, nothing to be worried about, but I don't want it to get worse, and I can even FEEL the furriness. Even if nobody else will notice it, I'm completely disgusted. Other than that, it HAS solved my bad breath problem.
on August 14, 2012
I have been using Breath Appeal for about a year now. I used to be very self-conscious about my bad breath. Therefore I tried everything including gums, mints, and mouth wash but nothing worked. It all changed once I found Breath Appeal. I am extremely satisfied and I definitely recommend this product to everyone who deals with the same problem.
on August 25, 2013
Excellent! The only breath freshener that worked for me. Even after eating onions my breath was great! Gave me more confidence to speak to people without them offering me a mint or backing away from me. Thank you Breath Appeal!
on August 2, 2015
This product simply works great! I have used it for over 5 months and not only has it cured my bad breath, my teeth stay cleaner too. There was no side effects. You have to use this product in conjunction with flossing and daily brushing. I have tried a lot of bad breath remedies and this is the only product that gave me the confidence to talk to people close up.. Thanks so much for a product that really works.. I'll be a life time customer...
on March 4, 2015
Bought this product, really skeptical, They were right after the first night I did not have to brush my teeth! Although I still did. I will continue to use this product. It has only been three days.
on August 27, 2015
I have been using this product for about 20 years. It cleans my mouth without the burning minty alcohol feel of mouthwash. It tastes like cherry. This product somehow breaks down the icky stuff in your mouth and on your tongue during the swishing phase, even before you begin brushing. Love it and recommend you try it.
on March 6, 2014
did not live up to expectations. would not purchase again Claims did not materialize and so would not rebuy again
on September 2, 2013
I love waking up without bad breath. I never thought it would be possible until I tried Breath Appeal. I recommend this to anyone that hates that sour taste in their mouth when they wake up. I also noticed that I don't feel like I need to chew gum or use breath mints anymore. I haven't had any negative effects using this product, only positive. I wish I would had this product sooner!