Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Breathe Right Nasal Strips, Extra, 26-Count Box
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Size: 26 Strips (1 Pack of 26)|Change

on September 19, 2013
If you haven't tried this product, I strongly suggest you get a sample from their website (under offers).

I received two free strips from them as a sample and it made me realize that I really haven't breathe properly for most of my life. I am petite in terms of most of my body - this includes my relatively small nose - to a point that I can't really breathe properly (I am not looking for surgical corrections). When I tried the first strip, I really felt like I'm actually breathing through my nose! I've almost always breathed through my mouth so this was really...breath-taking!

I feel that these strips really pulled opened my nose and that I got a got a better night's sleep. I usually need around 6-8 hours with light snoring and no extremities (no gasping of air or what-not). I slept 5 hours and felt more rested than usual.

My only complaint is that it was a little bit large for my face. It poked a little at the bottom of my eye (I had to bend the corners a bit so that it doesn't hurt). You should expect that this product will stick very tightly to your face. To properly remove the adhesive, you have to apply warm water.
review image
11 comment|55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 7, 2016
Wow... Definitely amazed with this product! I haven't been able to sleep or breathe normally for years. This definitely helped me out to sleep better without even snoring. When I have a cold and can't breathe at all this helps me a ton too. I like how they made them stronger because the last version of these (the original) were pretty easy to fall off and I couldn't last more than 10 minutes with them. These are pretty strong and durable, I've had one for more than 24 hours and it works great!

What these will do is it will open up your nasal passages so you'll be able to fully breathe directly from your nose and keep your mouth closed to prevent snoring even if you have a deviated septum. You don't need any prescription to buy them and you can find them in various stores like Walgreens or Target. The strips have bands so it can lift the sides of your nose for better airflow.
I've used these during my sleep, during soccer matches, and even in my normal everyday life. You'll get stared at pretty often but being able to breathe right is the most important thing. Definitely by having a good night sleep will help you to feel better the next day.

My Recomendation:
- Wash and dry your nose before applying the strip so it can stick properly. Use a mirror to make sure you apply it correctly. Once you applied it, press gently on the ends of the strip and rub gently to secure that is well placed.
- If you have sensitive skin, try the clear strips.
- When removing it, wash and dry your nose to remove the adhesive.

If you have any more questions about this product, please don't hesitate in asking me and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.
I hope you enjoy your purchase!
on October 30, 2009
I've been a regular user of Breathe Right strips for years. When I tried these, I was impressed. There was a noticeable difference between these and the other strips I'd been using (small tan). I don't intend to go back to regular Breathe Right strips. However, I use them primarily for sleep. They're rather wide, so if you use them in public (for workouts, etc.), you may find them to be too unsightly. Also, they say they're one size fits all. I had no problem with the size (obviously), but I can't speak for how they'll fit others (they are a little longer than Breathe Rights smalls). I definitely recommend trying them.
22 comments|73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 24, 2009
the extra version offers a much stiffer fit, for better performance. The adhesive is very sticky, so be careful putting it on and more importantly--taking it off.
on September 6, 2015
Product is now defective. Something has changed. "Extra" strips seperate into layers during night and fall apart. Usually takes about 3-4 hours. I bought batch via Amazon ( not Amazons fault) of Lavender Extras and was happening. Then bought some regular tan Extras at Target, same thing, product is now defective. This did not occur in past. Either they changed materials or some other aspect of how they manufacture the strips. Not cool. Really pissed they messed up this product.

I have used Breathright strips for over 14 years now, seen the product evolve from original strips to many options over the years. Product has always worked until now. I always have had to be sure to wash my nose, for it to stay on. Part of my nightly ritual. I have sleep apnea, and using Breathright along with oral device is what has allowed me to sleep at night.

Very dissatisfied, really dissapointed. I will buy them, but they need to work. Many knock offs out there, tried some in past, never worked as well as Breathright...now I am forced to go try them again as Breathrights now being sold are defective. I did search of internet found others with pictures of same issue. This is major problem and could, I hope not, but this could kill this brand. GSK what did you do and why have you not fixed it?? I saw your responces to some of the reviews saying same thing, so you know there is an issue..FIX IT!!!
review image
on November 20, 2009
Dear Fellow Mouth Breathers,

I have seen these strips advertised for years but bought them on impulse a few days ago because I was desperate for some quality sleep and tired of being told I sounded like a threshing machine by my darling man.

I have a deviated septum but the main issue for me is that I am nearly 9 months pregnant and for months I have been suffering with even more than usual nasal congestion due to all the hormones. This product has made a real difference.

I have used it for the last two nights. It looks ridiculous but it works.

I had assumed that the mechanism that made it work was that it kind of squished down on the bridge of the nose, pushing out the nostrils. However, once I applied the strip I realised that I had got it wrong. The strip actually "pulls" out the nostrils on each side, thereby giving you a wider nostril to breathe through on both sides.

I am interested to know if there will be any long-term problems with this product for me as it does contain latex and it is very close to eyes and delicate skin. However, after two days I have had no skin reaction that I can see.

It doesn't come off very easily but I take it off in the shower after letting it soak for a few secs in the hot water stream and also lathering it with soap.

At this stage of being pregnant, a good night's sleep is worth its weight in gold. So, for the price, it has already paid for itself.

By the way, the other thing that has helped tremendously is using nasal irrigation e.g. a netti pot [...].

The netti pot works particularly well at the beginning of the night but by 1-2am I am stuffed up again.

So, for the last two nights I have used the netti pot and then put on the Breathe Right strip. My nasal passages still get more clogged as the night progresses but so far I haven't reached a point where I can't breathe through my nose. The relief is wonderful.
44 comments|58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 5, 2012
I've been subscribed to receive a box of these every month for about 4 months now. I originally started wearing the Breathe Right strips at my girlfriend's insistence to get me to stop snoring. I now wear them without her reminders as part of my bed time routine.

Pros
* They stop me from snoring. No more foggy memories of being woken up and yelled at in the middle of the night.
* Fairly comfortable to wear. It took about a week to get used to wearing them, but now I don't really mind it.
* Breathing through the nose feels amazing while wearing these. Everyone I know who has tried them has been surprised at how it feels to take a really large deep breath just through the nose.

Cons
* If you put it on your nose wrong, that's the end of that strip. It will never be adhesive enough to stay on you for the entire night if you try to reapply.
* Creates a lot of trash. Each strip has its individual paper package, plus two peelable pieces over the adhesive. My bedside table is typically littered with these items.
* Sometimes they come off, either on their own accord or due to rolling around at night. You'll find them stuck to your floor, blankets, pillows and pets.
* Occasionally hurts my nose and leaves a bit of a red mark for a few hours after removing. Doesn't happen all the time, and doesn't last long, but still would rather it not happen.
* Comes in boxes of 26. Why not 30 so I only have to buy a box a month?

Despite the cons, at the end of the day I haven't found anything that works better, so I'm sticking with these.

A little tip for a proper application: Peel everything off the strip so the adhesive is fully exposed. Put the middle of the strip over the bridge of your nose. With a quick motion, fold both sides of it down over the sides of the nostrils and hold tight for about 2 seconds. If you didn't get it exactly right... don't mess with it. You'll waste the strip. Most of the time they work just fine even if you get it a little wrong.
44 comments|68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 28, 2016
I was using the clear EXTRA strips and had no complaint at all. I don't know what the difference is, but these flesh colored ones are awful. First, they glue to nose, that I honestly fear I am going to lose a lot of skin when i peel them off. Second, for some reason, they just don't seem to work as well as the clear. But they cost the same? Wont buy again.
on June 4, 2014
I ordered these because I have a hard time breathing through my nose, in general. These strips work so great and I sleep much better with them on, especially during those nights where my allergies are bad. If I weren't so concerned with looking silly, I would probably wear them out in public or while I'm exercising because I breathe so much better with them on!
on September 8, 2014
I've repeatedly washed my nose and let it dry in hopes that the strips would stick, but my they kept coming off from my nose. I already tossed 6 of them since the adhesive was no longer usable after each attempt. Even if I manage to get the strip stuck on my nose, I can already start to feel it peeling off by itself.

This was a waste of money, since unless your face is bone-dry, the product won't even work.