Most helpful positive review
155 of 162 people found the following review helpful
There are pros & cons to these boots
on October 6, 2012
So first off, these boots are really, really cute. The color is true to it's picture and they go well with skinny jeans & skirts. The seller, ZOOSHOO shipped this item & the package arrived a bit less than 48 hours later. These boots (at the time of this review) are not Prime eligable.
1. True to color & size (with a trouser sock)... see CONS for other comments on size.
2. Fast shipping
3. Don't completely look like leatherette
4. Fast response from seller regards return policy... see CONS for other comments
5. Really cute boots!!!
1. I should have heeded other reviewers advice with regards to buying a 1/2 size up. These boots are true to size if worn with a trouser sock - great for people in warm climates. I live in a cold place, so I will always wear these with thick socks. My feet are narrow & they are still too small - especially in the toe area - with anything thicker than a thin sock.
2. The seller has a horrible return policy that isn't listed on their seller page. I had to email them in order to get it. If boots are returned or exchanged, then you pay shipping & there is a restocking fee. So because of the snug fit of these boots, I feel stuck with them.
3. Prior to purchasing these, many reviews talked about the smell of these boots. I too smelled this smell upon opening up the box. I am sure that these were never aired out prior to shipping & most shoes smell like this in the stores, but they have time to air themselves out. When I opened up the box, I put a dryer sheet inside each boot & placed them outside overnight on my covered patio. The next day, the smell wasn't as noticable as before. Although a slight smell has lingered even after wearing them 5 times.
Overall I am happy with these boots. They really are cute & just what I was looking for... & the price can't be beat. I just wish that I did buy a 1/2 size up as I would be more comfortable that way.