Amazon.com: Customer Reviews:
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

• Customer Reviews

on August 25, 2010
This thing is great, i travel for work and rent a bunch of cars, it can go in any car and leaves no marks and is not perminant.

The eight legs bend around the phone and two go into the air vemt or around the mirror. I have an iphone and my girlfriend has a htc and it holds both easy.

Takes about two minutes to set it up and i can chuck it in my bag or pocket when done. I also use it on my bike at the weekends, but not so much as a desk stand.

With face time on the iphone it is also awsome because the phone gets hot and its a pain to hold it in front of you.
on January 3, 2011
This is one of those brilliantly simple but incredibly useful concepts that are so rare these days. The Spiderpodium simultaneously enabled me to drive much more safely and made my smartphone's capabilities accessible while driving. I know there are thousands of other ways to use the spiderpodium, and that is the fun in this product. I use it to mount my smartphone high on my car dash where I can view the phone's GPS navigation, see who's calling, and play music (mp3 and streaming services) all while keeping my eyes up with a view to the road...but that is not all I can use if for because the non-slip rubber keeps a solid grip while the flexible flanges can be moved into the shape needed to suit my needs. Very groovy indeed. The only design improvement I would suggest is the addition of optional suction cup "shoes" to add to the feet as needed to mount the spiderpodium on glass or other smooth non-porous surface.

Well done, Mr. Guy-who-invented-the-spiderpodium!
on October 29, 2011
I was a big evangelist of this product until a month and a half into having it, that one of the legs broke.

I'd gladly pay twice as much if somehow it was made to resist longer, or it had an easier clip on, clip off option to change the ipad from portrait to landscape, with the stand on.

Loved it while it lasted. Really.
on December 7, 2010
I love its versatility... the Spiderpodium can essentially attach to anything that's not a solid flat vertical surface. I even tucked all the legs in and wrapped it around my wrist, bracelet-style. That being said, its little knuckles move and resist typical of any wire-skeleton'd object (I'm thinking of Gumby). It doesn't exactly stay where you position it, and you sometimes need to overcompensate to get the exact shape you're looking for. Once it's shaped the way you want it, it's great! Getting it to that shape as cleanly as you'd hope for will take some getting used to.
on November 4, 2011
Within moments of using this item, as it is demonstrated on their own youtube video, the middle structure snapped clean in half. The only thing keeping it together is the very thin soft rubber coating. I cannot trust my device to be held securely by something so cheap and plasticy. I contacted the seller thinking maybe it was just a defective item, but weeks later they have still not contacted me. This leads me to believe that there is no customer service behind the maker of this product. I would steer clear of this gimmick if you aren't willing to risk your device's safety.
on July 24, 2011
I bought this for my Nexus S 4g smartphone. My only complaint is that the item broke at the plastic part in the middle within 30 days. A waste of 20$...I will not purchase again and the seller was near impossible to contact. Disappointed in the seller and Amazon.
on March 28, 2013
I bought this about a year ago and loved it from day one. It reminded me of something science fiction related like one of the Shadow ships from Babylon 5 or maybe a Stargate SG-1 replicator monster. It freaked me out and I loved it at the same time. I used it for my cell phone everyday from the moment I received it and it was fabulous. It was great for holding my phone while on the bike to read eBooks, movies or prop up my phone to read recipes online like a mini cook book holder. I even hung my phone on my headboard when I had the flu to watch movies and communicate with the outside world always knowing my phone was safe and wrapped in Spiderpodium love.

I loved and adored this product and then one day I heard a horrible gut wrenching crack and suddenly one of the legs I'd just bent was now hanging all whibley wobbly. I tried to figure out if it could be fixed, it was still encased in rubber so I thought but then the wire inside was revealed, where it had cracked it also had tore through the rubber coating so when I moved the leg the sharp metal was protruding out of it. It had become useless.

Not wanting to give up on it, two days later I did manage to come up with short term solution until another leg goes. I cut off the broken leg with a wire cutter and smoothed off area I'd cut off so it stayed below the base in the middle and won't cut me. So now I am the owner of a seven legged Spiderpodium. It doesn't hold my phone as comfortably or securely as it once did. My love and trust for this product are gone. My phone has slipped out of it twice now since it became seven legged, but I've settled with what is left of it's use. I won't buy another as I'm sure it would only break my heart as well. I wish it was a better quality product. Obviously if you bend it enough times eventually it's going to wear out. Sounds like others here had less luck than I did for the amount time wise mine lasted by comparison. I guess making it almost a year I was lucky. If you can handle knowing that eventually something can only bend so much before it breaks and are ready for that day with a wire cutter then maybe this is the product for you. If you want something to last longer than 9 months to a year (less in some reviews by far it seems) and not break I'd avoid this product because everything that bends, over time will break. This is the perfect example of a heartbreaking product to love and lose.

Update April 21st: Since I created the review I have now lost two more legs. I am reaching the end of it's usefulness if I lose one more leg it's going to be recycled sadly. I'd love to replace it but I'm afraid any future Spiderpodium's would just bend and break the same way. Sad really. It's saved my phone from breaking at least 5 times if not more.
on July 7, 2011
Maybe it was just my luck of the draw that I received a faulty product. (at least that's what Breffo customer service told me.) However, the way that the spider podium joints are designed it seemed destined to come to the end that I arrived at. Joints that are no longer malleable but broken and limp. Without the rigidity of the joints the Spiderpodium will not be able to cradle or support your device. It becomes next to useless. I was able to return it receive a refund however so that's the good news.

Bottom line is this product will not last long if you move it around a lot. I did not move it around a lot was just adjusting it so my phone would fit correct and it broke. Nice concept, poor quality materials.
review image
66 comments| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 11, 2013
The is the greatest invention ever! I have tried other products to hold my phone in my car, and nothing ever worked quite right. I was riding in a friend's car and saw that she had one of these, so I bought one for myself. I hooked it into an air vent (it doesn't even block any of it) and adjusted it to hold my phone. The best!!
on September 14, 2011
Bought this in the hopes of having a competent stand for my iPhone4 (in the Otterbox Defender) as well as being able to secure it to, say, my dashboard or something. The idea was great. The arms were flexible, and easily configured into whatever contortion I needed and whatever angle I needed it set up at. Getting it stable took an extra second or so, but was not difficult. If I had written this within the first month, I would have given it 5 stars.

HOWEVER, this stand BROKE (due to movement of the wire frame too much probably) within 2 months. I did not use it every day, and I tried not to bend it too much, but it still snapped, and was thus unusable.

Seems like a good idea, might need to redesign the inner workings.

Bottom Line: Buy a different product, this isn't worth the money.