5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product -- Why did I not buy this 20 years ago?
Published on February 24, 2012 by mbsf

1.0 out of 5 stars 12 minutes to boil
I returned this kettle and bought Hampton Beach's instead. Two key features no one had mentioned that were dealbreakers:
1. It took 12 minutes to boil the full pot from tepid tap water. My stove top tea kettle takes the same amount of time.
2. You can't see the water level from the outside.
Published 24 months ago by Megan

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product -- Why did I not buy this 20 years ago?, February 24, 2012
This review is from: Brentwood KT-1780 Electric Cordless Tea Kettle, 1.5-Liter, Brushed Stainless Steel (Kitchen)
I bought this electric kettle after my stove top kettle needed replacement. It is great -- it boils water very quickly and turns itself off automatically which is a great safety feature. I did a lot of research before I purchased this model, I highly recommend this one -- it gets good reviews and there is no plastic inside the kettle -- many of the others have plastic viewers that are immersed in the hot water, I did not want my hot water in contact with plastic. I haven't found any negative aspects to this kettle and have been using it daily for over three months.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!, February 10, 2011
I have always used a stove top kettle, so I was leery to try out an electric kettle. When I received the product it was easy to get going. The first time I filled the entire kettle with cold water and boiled it through. It boiled very quickly and the automatic shut off worked great!

One of the reasons I tried an electric kettle is because I could never find a stove top kettle that poured smooth and didn't run all over the counter. This product pours smoother than anything I have found and doesn't agitate the tea bag.

Over all this is a great product and I would recommend this to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Kettle!, August 28, 2011
As one who constantly burned up traditional kettles, I liked the idea of electric kettles that shut themselves off. My first one was plastic-with the heating element in the water. While I closer to the concept, it was not really what I wanted. I saw this kettle design and I love it. It is stainless steel, and the heating element is in the pad below and not in the water itself. It heats quickly, and shuts itself off. The stainless keeps the temperatures warm for qute some time after shutting off. So, even if I do not catch it right away, the water is usually still hot by the time I want to use it. It looks attractive sitting on the counter, and is easy to keep clean.

Would definitely buy another!!

1.0 out of 5 stars 12 minutes to boil, December 26, 2012
2. You can't see the water level from the outside.

1.0 out of 5 stars Made with Hazardous chemicals - BPA Plastic used! Stay away..., September 12, 2012
After I received the Brentwood Kettle I noticed the underside of the box had a WARNING: Made with HAZARDOUS CHEMICALS. The warning was not only on the bottom of the box but it was also concealed by a barcode sticker! This warning should have been advertised more clearly. I then became concerned that the plastic lid that is exposed to the hot water interior of the kettle was made with toxic plastic. I called Brentwood up and asked if the plastic used was BPA-free? The customer service told me that NO it was NOT BPA FREE! So please people do your research and always call the manufacturers when you have any doubts. Corporations often don't care about the safety of their products for the consumer and will often cut corners at the public's expense. Of course in a perfect world these corporations would be more highly regulated and suffer more severe punishment than just paying fines. It is actually quite evil that they can make decisions to poison the consumer just to make a buck.
BPA PLASTIC is known to release TOXINS when exposed to high temperatures - and these corporations know this. Don't buy toxic products from corporations that bite the hand that feeds them.
Help make this a better world by demanding these corporations comply by honoring and respecting the people who buy their products by making them safe and toxin free. If these corporations want to be treated by law as individual citizens then they should suffer the same punishment that an individual would if caught intentionally poisoning someone.
We need a world driven by benevolence not cold corporations.

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked great... for one month, June 27, 2012
P. Apple (Carrboro, NC United States) - See all my reviews
I like the design and size of the kettle. I used it almost daily for about a month without a problem, and then one day it simply stopped working--it won't turn on. So that's a letdown.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for me!, March 15, 2012
I first got turned onto electric kettles when I went overseas (Asia) and saw them in every hotel I was staying in- I kept thinking 'How cool is this?!'& 'I really need to get ones of these when I get back home' and I can say how happy that I have! Boils water in just minutes and I love the fact it has an automatic shut off. I use it for everything: tea, instant coffee, oatmeal, cup of noodles, and even just hot water to start the boil process when I make pasta. I know the last one was a little silly but it really does cut the boil time down- especially when you are trying to boil A LOT of water and you really don't want to wait 15min for water to boil.

Here are some tips for you: Remember to run water through the kettle a few times before you actually use the water. That way you can clean it all the way through. And also when your done using the kettle instead of throwing the extra water away, why not save the water for drinking? I stick my extra water away in the fridge to drink later so I am not wasting water. And my last tip is to always remember to clean/dry the top of the kettle. I know that it is stainless steal but you can never be too careful when it comes to rust. :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Brentwood Stainless Steel Kettle, May 1, 2012
I received this kettle for a gift and was glad it was a stainless one instead of a plastic one. It heats quickly--faster than my microwave--and shuts off when done. I have been using it just over 2 months now and was very disappointed to see that the edge under the plastic top has rusted areas. Examining it more closely, I also see the beginning of what may be rust on the inside bottom. I thought stainless steel would not do this. What's going on?

5.0 out of 5 stars Stainless Steel Tea Kettle withou plastic window, January 15, 2012
Purchased one Hamilton Beech stainless steel kettle and returned it due to the hot water with strong plastic taste. Therefore I tried to find another kettle without plastic window, but it is not easy to find. Finally, I purchased Brentwood stainless steel tea kettle and it does not have plastic window. It works great for me and the water does not have the plastic smell and taste.

1.0 out of 5 stars Found Cancer Warning on product when received, June 16, 2012
I was most disappointed when finding a cancer warning on the product - apparently in California this type product (or because of the materials used to make such product)must be labeled as such. That information was sufficient for me to send it back. This warning information should have appeared on the Amazon site prior to ordering.