Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Brentwood KT-1780 Stainless Steel Electric Cordless Tea Kettle, 1.5 L, Silver
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: 1.5 L|Color: Silver|Change

on July 4, 2011
I agree with the first reviewer; mine got rust inside the pot within perhaps two weeks. After two months, it has rust also on the outside, around the spout. I'm not convinced that rust is unhealthy, but it does hint that this made-in-China pot may be made with non-food-grade metal alloy (e.g., metal with lead in it). Also, it's not particularly ... appetizing to offer guests a cup of tea, made with water from a rusty pot. so, I ordered another brand. :(
on October 7, 2012
This kettle worked fine for almost three months, and then went completely dead--the light stopped going on and the water stopped heating. Up until it stopped functioning, I was happy with this product.
on January 5, 2013
Great product but stinks like chemical fumes until used and washed several times. Too bad they don't make them in the USA. Nice that it can be removed from the base for transport. Quick even heating, automatic shutoff works well to prevent over-boiling. This would get 5 stars if it did not stink like chemicals upon opening and first use. Typical for Asian made appliances...
VINE VOICEon March 21, 2013
I'm not the first to make these comments, should have listened to the other reviewers. After just two months of use and using ONLY purified water in it, the bottom is rusting badly. I use it to make ice tea and so water does not set it in after use. I plug it in, boil the water, add tea bags for thirty minutes and then wash, rinse and dry the pot and still the rust has developed. Not only is it unsightly, I'm sure it's not a healthy occurrence. And the manufacturers warranty is worthless, cost you more to ship it back then it cost to begin with - a growing trend with cheap, made in China, appliances. It's bad enough that I've contacted Amazon insisting that they remove this health hazard from their product lineup. So, you've been warned, find a similar product that doesn't have these quality issues.
on February 10, 2013
I bought a stainless steel Tea Kettle to prevent the taste of plastic in hot water. This kettle has plastic top from which water that has clung to the plastic top drips back into the hot water and makes the water taste like plastic. I pour Britta water into a glass, drink it, then pour Britta water into the tea kettle and compare. The tea kettle water tastes strongly of plastic.
on May 13, 2013
pardon the language, but this thing is crap. It takes forever to boil water and the packaging included a warning that it contains a chemical found to be carcinogenic in the state of california! Even after cleaning it, it gives off a weird odor and I don't trust the electrical components. The first time I tried using it while I was running my microwave on the same circuit, it shorted out. That never happens when I use the microwave with any other appliance, even multiple appliances. I haven't thrown it out yet because I honestly don't know where to dispose it safely. I know I won't use it again.
on July 17, 2013
I was very excited to get this product at work, but when I used it, I was disappointed that the water boiled in it tasted strongly like metal. I've tried to boil water in it about 20 times now, thinking it would get rid of that taste after a while. And no luck. I've never had this happen with any other electric kettle I've used, so I'm sorely disappointed. Now I need to go find another kettle that's not going to taint my water. I'd recommend you do the same.
on August 27, 2012
Will this water ever stop tasting like plastic? After six weeks of boiling water twice daily in the Brentwood tea kettle, it still tastes like plastic.Thinking it had to be from condensing water dripping down from the inside of the plastic cover, I tried leaving the cover open and blocking it with a china teapot lid. No luck, the boiled water still tastes like plastic, not my favorite flavor!
I had an aroma tea kettle of similar design which worked great and produced water flavored water, but it died suddenly after only a year of use. So I thought I would try a different brand and bought the Brentwood version.
If you want boiling water for washing your dirty socks, the Brentwood is for you;the toxic flavor may help kill the cooties in your socks, too. But for drinking or cooking, forget about it!
on December 25, 2012
This thing is rusting at the top. Tried cleaning, but its coming back. Would not recommend this product to anyone!
on October 28, 2012
After using it for the first time the other day, I came back to find a puddle of water under the base. It turns out the interior is made up of two pieces of steel joined toward the bottom of the unit and the one we received isn't sealed up correctly. I did some experiments to find out if perhaps there was some other cause but simply putting a couple of inches of water in the jug and leaving it alone (no power) is enough to figure out what's wrong. I'm not sure what to do with this as I threw out all the packaging; my fault but I really wasn't expecting any issues.