Top critical review
383 people found this helpful
Not for everyone.
on July 11, 2010
We bought a couple of these three months ago for being able to watch TV and read in bed, and they're basically OK and get some use, but there are some problems with them that had known about them, we wouldn't have purchased the bedrests:
- The cover is not removable, so you have to put a throw or a sheet over them otherwise they will eventually get dirty and there's nothing you can do.
- Two will not fit comfortably side by side on a queen size bed. The armrests are not movable and quite stiff, so two people using them next to each other will be fighting for elbow room. Additionally, the armrests really get in the way of breakfast trays.
- The bedrests are really heavy. It's not easy to just pull them on and off the bed as needed, and if you're thinking of storing them in a high place when not in use then forget it, unless you're strong or prepared for a struggle every time. Sure you can put it on the floor, but remember if it gets dirty it stays dirty. (EDIT 5/6/13: Since moving out of state, I no longer have these bedrests, but based on comments and more recent reviews it seems as though this model has been updated and is now a lot lighter.)
- Tall people especially won't like leaving these on the bed when not in use, as they take up quite a few inches of the length of the bed.
- They're hard and not very comfortable on their own. I think this is especially true if you have a firm bed as we do. You have no support for the base of your spine when leaning back, so you need to also use a soft pillow.
If these things don't bother you, then you'll probably like this product.