5.0 out of 5 stars so far, so good
Published on March 23, 2011 by whatever

3.0 out of 5 stars MIGHT not match description
Published 20 days ago by thora

5.0 out of 5 stars so far, so good, March 23, 2011
This review is from: Brentwood SC-150S 7-Quart Slow Cooker (6.5 Liters Capacity)
I am a first time user when it comes to a slow cooker. I got this one because of its 8 liter capacity, yes, 8 liter, not 8 quart (= 7.6 liter). Well, it says so on the box. When turned on "high," it doesn't really reach boiling. But I suppose all slow cooker is like that. Anyway, it is slow. It takes about 5 1/2 hours going from room temperature to highest temp (nearly boiling but not quite) when turned to "high" to boil 8-quart water (so you don't need to worry about overflow problem). The ceramic pot is heavy, dishwasher safe, but I think it's normal for a slow cooker. The glass lid is not dishwasher safe. I suppose you just have to make sure the food is fully cooked before you put it in. It works fine. Just put in the food, turn it on, remember to turn it off when you think it's done (it doesn't have an auto shut off function), and that's it. Cleaning is ok. You can put the ceramic pot in a dishwasher or hand wash it with the glass lid. Depending on what you cook and for how long, you may need to soak the pot a little for easy cleaning. It's cheap, big, and does its work just fine. Good enough for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWSOME!, December 9, 2011
This slow cooker works great. I already had a smaller slow cooker, still do. I just wanted a big one, for the bigger jobs. I make all kinds of thing in the slow cookers, from pork chops and gravy to green chili stew. Everything always comes out great! I like the three settings low, high, and auto. This is an AWSOME slow cooker!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice large capacty slow cooker, January 21, 2011
This is very nice. Only used once since I just got it. Cooked a whole frozen chicken using the Auto setting, 8 hours later just pulled out the bones, added the dumplings and wha-la, yummy. Clean up was a snap, just put it in the dishwasher.

3.0 out of 5 stars MIGHT not match description, January 5, 2015
I haven't used this yet, so I can't comment on that. However there are some discrepancies between the posting and what I received. First of all, the BOX and AD mention that the heat settings are High, Low, and AUTO. However, the product and the manual have High, Low, and WARM. Secondly the listing says 7 QT. The box and manual say 6.5 QT. The initial picture shows a white product, but the second picture shows stainless steel. It is stainless steel.

I bought this because the picture was an almost exact match for a Croften 7Qt- Aldi brand- slow cooker that I had before. After 8 years or so of use of the Croften a piece of the front heat setting knob broke off exposing the electrical components making it unsafe. However, I have always lived in fear of breaking a lid or stoneware insert so for the next purchase I wanted to buy one where I could use the old lid or stoneware as replacement parts. This does serve that purpose and the price is right. The sizes are almost exactly the same- maybe the new one has a slightly rounder belly to the oval. But either way the parts fit. That is why the three stars. Despite the inconsistencies it fits my original purpose and as long as it works, we are good to go. I am still not sure about the size- the Aldi one says 7 Qts in the manual, but 6.5 Qts when looking up the model number online. So who really knows on that one.

As far as AUTO or WARM settings my old one had an AUTO function that I didn't know what to do with so I never used it. My smaller slow cooker has a WARM setting that I use all the time, so I like having a WARM setting more than an AUTO setting.

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty temperature settings, September 15, 2011
This product has only 2 settings, low & high. The low setting is a slow boil, you cannot simmer anything in it without the liquid boiling away. The high is not much higher.
The temperature setting cannot be regulated. It is totally worthless if you plan to simmer a meal for a long time.

1.0 out of 5 stars died after 3 months, January 29, 2013
I really liked the large size. Woked fine for 3 and a half months now the light works but it won't heat up anymore, stays ice cold. A waste of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Slow Cooker, October 13, 2014
Needed a larger Slow Cooker . This fits bill perfectly and didn't have to drive all over town looking for it!

Brentwood SC-150S 7-Quart Slow Cooker (6.5 Liters Capacity)
$49.99 $31.33