5.0 out of 5 stars Under $40 Amazing Deal!
Published 20 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard for focus clarity
Easy to use but was hard to get clarity on the uniform numbers at the Earthquakes-Galaxy MLS match on Saturday.
Published 13 months ago by Greg Badovinac

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Under $40 Amazing Deal!, February 22, 2013
This review is from: Bresser Hunter 1151050 10 x 50 Binocular (Black) (Electronics)
I bought my first pair, Bushnell Falcon 10x50 Wide Angle Binoculars (Black) off from amazon.com which was $40 total with tax and everything. Since lots of people said Bushnell brand was best. I gave it a try order it one, just to find out it gave out double vision right out the box i try adjusting everything for a few hours and no luck on fixing double vision. Return it.

Order the Bresser Hunter 1151050 10 x 50 Binocular (Black) for $30 around $10 cheaper than the bushnell, thought might as well give it a try. Right out of the box bresser hunter binocular had no double vision. Clearity thru the lens is amazing; Lots of light going thru everything is bright like it should be, middle adjuster isn't as stiff compare to the bushnell. The weight seem a bit heavy to use for hiking since that is what I planned on useing it for.

Will do another update when I take it out for a true test on the road ;)

So far I really like this binocular.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super!, August 21, 2012
My sister and I went to Yellowstone a few weeks ago, and we brought these binoculars with us. Along with everyone else there, we pulled the car over anytime we saw a large group of people (they are usually looking at animals), and during those times we got the scoop on likely places for bear sightings. More than once, we and 20+ other people stood in a pull-out near a huge meadow and waited for the bears. Two times in one day, we saw them! Three bears, all at once! There were really, really nice people there who had huge spotting scopes on tripods and let us look through them, and they were a little better than these binoculars, but not too much. I was really impressed. My sister usually has a hard time with (cheap) other binoculars because she sees double through them, but she had no trouble with these. They would be best with a tripod or something to rest them on, but they were totally adequate without.

These binoculars are EXTREMELY HEAVY and I'd entertained ideas of bringing them hiking with us, but that thought disappeared when I finally held them in person. They're just too heavy. If all you had in your bag was, say, a jacket and these binoculars, it'd probably be okay, but we had bear spray, cameras, batteries, water, clothing, you name it. Even if the weight doesn't bother you, they're big and awkward. That is the tradeoff. Totally worth it, to me, though. They're very affordable and they work beautifully.

Oh, and they come with a neck strap, a protective pouch and a lens cloth. Pretty classy considering how inexpensive they are! Although, if you're planning to carry them with you for any distance, get a more-comfortable strap or harness, because this one is somewhat narrow and seems like it would become uncomfortable pretty quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great field glasses!!!!, June 23, 2012
These are some of the best field glasses I have ever used. The price is incredible for such quality optics. They could stand to be a little more rugged but for the price it's a steal. I highly recommend these if you're looking for a low budget binocular. My father purchased a set of Redfield 10x50 and they have the heft and ruggedness you would expect for that price, but the optics on the bresser glasses are just as good if not better. Nothing else to say, great product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dollar for dollar Great!, July 3, 2013
For the money and fast shipment from amazon what more bang for your buck could a person ask for. They work well and great value for the money enough said.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value!, February 19, 2013
I bought these expecting another "cheap" pair of binoculars, but tired of the same old brands where I know I'm getting low quality. While they are made in China, they don't look or feel like most cheap binoculars. I was amazed at the clarity of the glass on these for the price. They do have some weight to them unlike the party-favor quality of binoculars you usually get for under $30. They seem to have the glass of much more expensive binoculars. Much better than any of the other inexpensive brands I have tried. The image is crystal clear, sharp, and as another reviewer noted, they lack the "double vision" of most cheaper binoculars I have used. I haven't had them long, so I hope they hold up for a while!

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm first binocular, very please with it., December 30, 2012
This's my first binocular so I have nothing to compare too. However, I very please with the image, clear and sharp. And yes, this binocular is heavy as one other viewer said. This binocular is cheap and do the work. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Working Great, December 9, 2012
A decent set of binoculars at a great price. No double vision and great forcus. The rubberized outer skin makes them easy to hold on to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice, December 25, 2013
These are very nice binocs. Clear, easy to focus, and noticeably able to give depth and differentiation to object distance. Objects from 50 to several hundred yards stay in focus without adjustment. I have some nice glass and these were purchased as a step-up for my kids from their compacts. They may (will) be sharing them with dad. IMO, these are one of the best pair of binocs in this price range and compare with others in $100 plus range.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item for the price, December 23, 2013
Got it as an early Christmas gift in 2013. I am impressed with the weight, the feel and the clarity. I plan to use these for astronomy and nature viewing, today I was looking at ice crystals on trees, and the view was clear from edge to edge, providing sharp detail, can't wait for a clear night to view some galaxies and nebulae.

4.0 out of 5 stars Optic's spot on! Culmination slightly off but tolerable., December 14, 2013
D. Decorte (Boquete, Panama) - See all my reviews
I purchased five of the most inexpensive 7 x 50 binoculars that I could find on Amazon for birdwatching and stargazing here in Panama. Ordered them all ahead of time and had them delivered to my stateside address. Knowing that problems with inexpensive binoculars are common, I expected some of them to be out of optical alignment. Collimation was slightly out of culmination with these, however my eyes were able to compensate. I really only noticed it when I took my eyes away from the binoculars as my eyes had to recover from slight double vision.
But in all fairness three of the five pairs of binoculars I bought were also out of alignment. The best of a group was the inexpensive Bushnell Falcon and the Celestron Up Close G2, both at the time, around 25-30 bucks. The optics and culmination were spot on with these two.
Not so lucky with the Barska X-Trail and the Tasco wide angle 7 x 50 binoculars as the culmination caused me to see double with both of them.
So all I can say at this point is buyer beware...you get what you pay for. Lesson learned is binoculars are one thing you probably want to testdrive in a brick-and-mortar place before purchasing.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Bresser Hunter 1151050 10 x 50 Binocular (Black)
Used & New from: $97.29