1,477 Reviews
 (1,141)

4,834 of 4,944 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE this juicer!! (so far...) Beats my Green Power juicer.
We just bought this juicer on Amazon, using the $25 discount and the free shipping. Made it the best price on the internet when we bought it first of December 2005. Before commenting on the juicer, let me tell you what we used before this juicer arrived.

We have a top of the line Green Power juicer. If you know juicers, you know this is one of the best...
Published on December 11, 2005 by Robert Thomas

3.0 out of 5 stars Great, but far from perfect
Okay, a good juicer. Plenty of power, two speeds, easy clean-up, well built. But there are some problems. First, the juicer has a large feed tube directly over the teeth plate, not off to the side as with many other juicers. This causes various large pieces of produce to be launched back up the tube and usually over your head. Mostly with apples. The other problem is that...
Published on December 14, 2005 by David T. Johnson

‹ Previous | 172 73 74148 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick & Simple, April 27, 2008
This review is from: Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite 1000-Watt Juice Extractor (Kitchen)
The Breville juicer is excellent, juices quickly with no pulp. Great for juicing oranges. Clean up of machine is quite easy. The pitcher has a lid that holds back the foam which is an excellent feature. The only drawback is that the juicer is quite large and you need a great deal of space to store it. I leave it on the counter and take the pulp container and the pitcher and put in a cabinet, then the juicer does not take as much room. It is also very tall. I highly recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars That's the thing I was looking for........., March 24, 2008
I was looking for a juicer which could give me juices all time from all fruits. In fact this juicer can do much juice and faster than other juicers, and it's so easily to handle it, my children love it.
I think that the main advantage is how can you clean it. It's almost a kid's game, you can remove parts, clean it fast and assamble it back.
I can suggest it to who is looking for a juicer.

Sérgio Bezerra

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid machine but much bigger than expected, February 22, 2008
Caroline Vanderlip (New York, New York USA) - See all my reviews
Great, powerful machine but takes up much more space than anticipated. Also takes a bit of work to master the feeder mechanism -- if you push too hard, it can jolt the machine and knock the juice receptor over.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good juicer - and best of all easy to clean, December 26, 2013
It seems as though everyone I know has been getting in to juicing. After watching the documentary Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead I finally gave in and decided to give it a try to see what all the frenzy is about. I researched many juicers and knew that key for me would be speed of juicing and ease of cleaning. This one had good reviews and - although it wasn't the cheapest - the price did not seem outrageous. Well - next thing you know I'm juicing carrots, kale, beets (beets!!) and a variety of other things I never thought I'd drink. I love it!! The juicer seems efficient, the juice is surprisingly tasty (who knew??) and I can throw most of the parts in the dishwasher. It seems very well made - though a bit noisy and heavy. I've had it now for just over 4 months and still use it regularly. Happy juicing!

1.0 out of 5 stars Juicer broken after 10 uses, November 18, 2013
I bought a Breville 800 Juice Fountain Elite juicer about 3 or 4 years ago. I spent the extra money for a high quality juicer, because I wanted something that would last. I only used it 2 or 3 times a year, as it is quite cumbersome to clean after each use, and I am usually in a hurry. However, it indeed made good juice. I tried to use it a few days ago, and it appears the motor is broken. It is no longer under warranty and an email to the company has received no response. I am thus out of a $300 (or more) juicer that I used only 10 times. Had I used it regularly and got my money's worth, I wouldn't be so disappointed. But this juicer is in almost brand new condition with minimal use, and is now broken.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great juicer, easy to clean, gets kids excited, love it!, April 8, 2013
We bought this juicer after comparison shopping online and I'm glad we did - it is great!

Pros:
1) Easy to setup - Comes in a big box and once I opened it up I thought it might be complicated to put together, but it was easy

2) Easy to juice - most things don't need peeling. Apples fit whole. There are two speeds, but I just always use the highest and haven't had to change.

3) Not too loud - I don't think it is too loud. I've been in juice places that have very loud juicers. Sure it makes some sound but it doesn't bother me at all.

4) Foam catching pitcher - Some juices you make, depending on the ingredients make a foam that some people don't want in their juices, although my wife and I love it, our son does not. There is a special lid for the pitcher that catches the foam so I can pour juice for my son first that doesn't have any foam and then take off the lid for myself to get all the foam I can.

5) Easy cleanup - This is important to me. I tend to find all kinds of excuses when it comes to making healthy decisions like working out or with food. If it was a pain to cleanup then I wouldn't juice as much. Fortunately, it is easy! I just rinse off everything, use the included scrubber for the wire mesh part, and throw everything in the dishwasher, I recommend using a compostable bag to catch the pulp.

6) Excitement factor - I also wanted to mention this for parents of picky eaters. When this appliance first comes in the house, your kids will probably be curious about it. I got my son, who is a very picky eater, involved in the fruit and veg preparation and supervised him dropping a few things in the chute. He then wanted to taste his creation and found that he liked it! He never ever would have tried juice like that or eaten any of the fruits and vegetables we used, except he got excited. Happy dad :-).

Cons:
None. I've used the juicer for several weeks, many times, and I haven't experienced any problems with it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Powerful, makes great juice but leaks!, July 28, 2012
I have used this product for about a month now (3-4 times a week). It is definitely a powerful and efficient juicer, much better than the Cuisineart it replaced. Sturdy construction and easy to clean. I just have one problem - it leaks and splatters juice. Right where the pulp catcher and the snap on lid come together has a small gap. During the juicing process small abouts of liquid makes its way through the gap and the vibrations cause it to splatter all over the place. Worse with some products than others (beets create a real mess). I have tried the recommended fix (plastic bag in the pulp catcher) but it doesn't help. The only way I can use the juicer now is to cover the top with a paper towel and hold it in place which is easier said than done.

I have a warranty request into Breville and will report back on how helpful they are dealing with this issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Breville 800JEXL Juicer, June 1, 2012
Great powerful juicer. I use it every day and it is easy to use and easy to clean. I highly recommend this product to anyone that likes to juice.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not happy with this juicer- very wet pulp, does not juice greens, March 7, 2012
I purchased this juicer after using a Jack Lalane juicer for about a year. I wanted something with more power and something that would handle greens. It worked OK in the beginning, but pulp was wet and trying to juice greens is a complete waste and don't bother especially if you're buying precious and expensive organic greens. After about 6 months of daily use, we find the that pulp is now wetter than ever. To the point that we separately strain the pulp through a bag and get a whole glass of additional juice. I think the motor is so powerful/spins so fast it cannot squeeze the juice through the tiny mesh metal strainer before ejecting the pulp. We scrub the strainer well in case the tiny holes are getting plugged. I would not buy this. I think I would go for a slower type juicer that is more efficient at getting all the juice out like an omega juicer. Also juicing experts say slow juicing is more nutritious. I think I will give Breville a call and see if they can provide any assistance/refund or help. I'm disappointed given the price I paid for this juicer. I expected more. If I would buy a breville again I'd go for one of the slower cheaper models. They may actually be better at maximizing the amount of juice you get. Good luck with your juicing journey!

5.0 out of 5 stars simply awesome! - key tool in losing weight, December 13, 2011
K. Rajan "PK1" (Hercuels, Ca United States) - See all my reviews
This thing just works amazingly. The IPAD of juciers.

I saw the movie "Fat, Sick and About to Die" and they had a Breville juicer on there, not this model but a lower one. I like the looks of this one and it is just simply amazing. two speeds hi and low but I just use high. Use only fruits and vegs that have liquid, things like bananas and avacados dont work well.

GET THIS JUICER!