Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Breville BOV800PC13 13-Inch Pizza Crisper for use with the BOV800XL Smart Oven
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on February 26, 2013
For Fresh Pizza Dough...
It works best if you don't put on too much sauce or toppings, especially the cheese (only around a half cup or so.) I know this goes against my desire and maybe yours too, but it works well... I also find that you should not use the "Convection" option for at least the first 5 minutes at 450°, then turn on (push) the convection mode and bake for remaining time. Also, if you like a New York style crust my favorite recipe for dough is from Bobby Flay on FoodNetwork (And I have tried many different recipes, this is easy and quick). The very best Bread Flour to use is "King Arthur." A very palatable twist is to rim the outer crust with some Olive Oil on your finger and sprinkle Toasted Sesame Seeds around that outer circle (Do this before you put any ingredients on the Pie)

For Frozen Pizza... Rock and roll, but I still turn off the convection for the first 5 minutes. This allows more direct heat to the bottom of the pizza.

This Pizza Crisper product falls in line with every Breville product I've purchased. It's very well made, well thought out and ranks in the top of their class.
on April 14, 2012
If you have a Breville Oven (by the way, the best oven on the market!), you know it comes with a pizza tray. So why get his one? Well, the tray it comes with is a solid bottom tray. Still the same great coating and all, making clean-up a breeze. (That's true of the crisper as well, of course.) But still a solid bottom. This open weave tray works so much better. It's called a crisper because that is what it does. It makes the pizza a little crisper on the bottom. It does not over-cook the pizza. It does not make it brittle. But it just adds that little bit of crispiness that makes the piece of pizza easier to hold. This is well worth the money. I was surprised to see that the solid-bottom tray and the crisper are the same price. I expected the crisper to cost a little more. I highly recommend it.
on June 2, 2010
I love the pan. I use it for anything that I want to be crisper, like fries, fried shrimp, as well as pizza. It is non stick, but can't say it's Telfon...same coating as the regular Pizza Pan that comes with the oven. If you like the regular Pizza Pan, you'll love this one for as a crisper...works great for me. I would recommend this pan to a friend.
66 comments|25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 13, 2012
I'd like to keep my $250 toaster oven nice, and use of this pan, at the very least, will result in copious smoke and black spots on the heating elements and crumb tray. At the worst, the dripping cheese and crumbs could start a fire. Compared to the pan that comes with the oven,this pan does do a minimally better job of browning the bottom of a pizza--but I don't think the clean up it requires is worth it.
44 comments|23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 27, 2011
Used this with my Breville oven and it made the perfect pizza. Crust was crispy and it protected my oven from pizza toppings spilling over. Great quality item.
on January 16, 2013
This is perfect for making pizza! I've been using a pizza stone for making pizza until I switched to this and let me tell you it's just as good or better and much less expensive. Pizza comes out perfect and just the right texture like a pizza ordered out. I wish I had never ordered the pizza stone on here as this will do a better job.
on September 11, 2013
I purchased this crisper to go with my Breville smart oven. It does work well, and pizza cooked with it comes out with a crisp crust. I've also used it for things like garlic cheese bread with good results.

There were concerns raised in other reviews that the crisper might allow stuff to drip to the bottom of the oven, but I have not found that to be the case so far. Cheese that falls on it tends to harden before it goes through the holes.

I would not say it's a night and day difference over the stock pizza pan, however. It's a nice addition, but not an essential one.
on May 19, 2011
If you eat frozen pizza or are warming leftovers...this crisper is a must. As in most
Breville products, the quality is impeccable!
on January 17, 2011
I got this item for what it was designed to do: Create a crispier crust and it does just that. I would have given it a 5-star but have noticed that over time there is a ring of rust that develops where the lip of the edges curve inward. This doesn't impact functionality but it could have been made just a little better.
VINE VOICEon November 20, 2014
I have been a breville smart oven owner for 5 years.( love that too ). I never order this crisper tray until I was watching a show on convection ovens and it DAWNED on me ........Hey I have one of those .. so why aren't my pizza's and etc not as crisp?..So went in search and found the Made for Breville crisper tray. Well ordered the darn thing and after arrival put it through its paces

1.) Made home made french fries... MY WORD>> THEY CAME OUT CRISP and BROWN just like out of the fryer..
2.) Re-heat 1/2 steak sandwich from restaurant from the night before. and we go a Fresh and Crisp Sandwich, just like we had the night before at the restaurant
3.) Frozen breaded chicken tenders - again nice and crisp and brown.. ( I am now really getting excited about this tray)
4.) Frozen Pizza............. YES YES YES........ crisp bottom soft ooey gooey cheese on top... w that nice crisp bottom

I am super Happy....... this simple tray has added another dimension to the use of my Breville Smart Oven
now planning on trying some home made baked( crisp) onion rings and sweet potato fries.. If they work as well as the rest of the items we will have a happy home with all our favorites but now in a healthy manner..

Love Love Love this Crisper..