Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Breville BSG520XL Panini Duo 1500-Watt Nonstick Pa...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 68% off the $110.00 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Breville BSG520XL Panini Duo 1500-Watt Nonstick Panini Press
|Price:||$69.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$40.05 (36%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- 1500-watt panini press with nonstick, scratch-resistant Quantanium cooking surface
- Flat bottom plate for fast, thorough cooking; ribbed top plate creates grill marks
- Floating hinge; 4 height settings; on/ready lights; nonslip feet; locking storage clip
- Cord wrap; brushed stainless-steel housing; user manual with recipes included
- Measures 13 by 11-3/4 by 5-1/4 inches; 1-year limited warranty
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Breville BSG520XL Panini Duo 1500-Watt Nonstick Panini Press
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Gourmet Kitchen Gallery||Amazon.com|
|Color||Silver||Silver||Brushed stainless||Stainless Steel|
|Dimensions||5.25 inches x 13 inches x 11.75 inches||6 inches x 12.8 inches x 10.9 inches||10.5 inches x 13 inches x 5 inches||6 inches x 14.8 inches x 14.1 inches|
|Item Weight||8.16 pounds||5.5 pounds||0 pounds||9 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
I want to back up a little bit, because I think Breville generally designs and manufactures outstanding high-quality but still affordable products. This press is no exception. Having used both this Breville and the aforementioned Cuisinart, I would give the Breville the edge on almost every single front. It feels more solidly constructed of higher quality materials, it seems to heat more evenly, although the Cuisinart does allow a range of temperature settings as opposed to Breville's one-temp-fits-all approach. I actually like having one flat and one grilled plate in the Breville, compared to the two grilled plates in the Cuisinart -- the flat surface providing a much more even and consistent heat that really radiates into the middle of the sandwich better than the more limited surface contact provided by just grill plates (but you still have the all-important texture and grill marks from the top plate). Both adapt to larger sandwiches.Read more ›
First, I'd like to discuss the performance of the unit. It's brilliant! I honestly didn't have high expectations for a hot sandwich press, but I've been very happy with it over the past month. Here are some of the items that I've made the most and my remarks:
- Sandwich Wraps: Absolutely fantastic results. I can tailor the cooking time for how firm I want the tortillas to be, and the internal ingredients are nice and hot. Having a flat bottom plate and ridged upper plate gives them a perfect combination of toasting and grill marks. The ability to set a minimum height between the top and bottom plates works wonders for veggie wraps because otherwise (at least with mine) the ingredients don't support the weight of the top plate and the wraps get smashed. The tortillas slide right off the non-stick coating, and any ingredients that spill out during cooking have cleaned up very easily.
- "Grilled" burritos: Again, fantastic. Just like a sandwich wrap but with other ingredients. I've started to grill these with the fold facing upwards to help prevent ingredients (such as salsa or guacamole) from leaking out during cooking.
- French Toast: Works pretty well. I have made it three times so far, each time with the lid down but locked in the second highest position (I haven't tried just cooking one side of the toast by leaving the lid up, yet). If the bread isn't too wet, then it works very well. If the bread is very moist, though, it doesn't cook through to the center very well. With the egg, this items does make it a bit more difficult to clean the non-detachable ribbed top plate.
- Pancakes: Works pretty well.Read more ›
The Panini Duo is a no fuss non-stick panini press. The top floating hinged ribbed plate and flat bottom plate are coated with non-stick Quantanium(tm) allowing for oil free cooking while resistant to scratching even when using metal utensils. The top plate features adjustable height settings for making open faced sandwiches or desserts.
At first I compared the Panini Duo to my 800GRXL and thought I would miss features such as the drip tray, plate tilt feature, or the ability to lay out flat. However the lack of features and versatility of the Panini Duo, by comparison, are by design. The purposes of these two appliances are not the same.
The simplicity of the Panini Duo is this appliances strongest feature. I can quickly make two paninis by plugging in the outlet, assemble the sandwiches while waiting for the green light, and placing the paninis into the press. Since oil is not required, I made panini without buttering the bread. I prefer the butter flavor; however the bread still came out a toasty brown and crisp.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
An absolutely superb product, a no-fuss, no mess, non-stick press with absolutely no hassle. The open-faced height setting allows for larger sandwiches or desserts to be fully... Read morePublished 1 day ago by Kate M
My family likes it. I will have to get used to it simply because I wanted it to work like my old sandwich maker that becomes crispy on both sid3s. Read morePublished 3 days ago by Amazon Customer
Really happy with the panini press. Grills evenly, gets nice and hot for sandwiches and is easy to clean. Read morePublished 11 days ago by skim15
This is a great product! It heats up really quickly, and produces wonderfully crisp toasted sandwiches. Read morePublished 14 days ago by M. Belier
This thing has changed my sandwhich game and I love it! Every time I make a sandwhich I smoosh it in this thing and it improves it by a million.Published 15 days ago by Amazon Customer
As advertised. Works very well, stands on edge, easy to clean. adjusts to various sandwich widths. sturdy and well built. all goodPublished 21 days ago by Robert P. Miller