5.0 out of 5 stars Best of three juicers I tried
I have tried the Jack LaLanne Power juicer, the Breville JE900 (previous model) and this model. By far this one is the best one! First of all, the Jack LaLanne Power juicer had less power than the Breville series, and also the metal mesh screen had bigger holes. So a lot of the times, the juice produced wasn't really smooth. Because it was white it stained easily if...
Published on May 16, 2004 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Unit failed under light to moderate use... read on to discover the failed part.
I had the Breville JE95XL juicer for a few months and was quite pleased with it. When my daughter visited from college she loved it and so, it went back to school with her.

After a couple of weeks, she called to say that the unit simply stopped working. (Recently she visited again and brought the unit to me.)

The first thing I did was a web search...
Published on June 9, 2007 by Thomas Hughes

‹ Previous | 18 9 1022 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Stopped using it after a year, May 15, 2006
This review is from: Breville JE95XL Two-Speed Juice Fountain Plus (Kitchen)
After a year's of not heavy use, it's getting hard to take the machine apart and assemble it. The reason is a few accessories that hold the machine together do not function well anymore.

Cleaning and drying the machine has always been a pain.

I did enjoy the machine the first year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good juicer, better support, September 13, 2004
Bryan Kennedy (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breville JE95XL Two-Speed Juice Fountain Plus (Kitchen)
Before I bought this juicer I read on this forum that Breville support sucked. When my juicer arrived damaged (the spout was broken off), I absolved that I would need to return it to Amazon. However, I decided to throw caution in the wind and try to contact Breville. I got someone on the second ring, she was polite and helpful - all she needed was my address and product number and she shipped the part out to me the next day. That's what I call service!

As for the blender, I've tried it and it works really well - so much better than the champion juicer I had before. The juice is extremely pulp-free, and it seems to extract most of it. Wonderful!

5.0 out of 5 stars Workhorse, April 13, 2011
John Louis Mayer (S Boston, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breville JE95XL Two-Speed Juice Fountain Plus (Kitchen)
I've had my juicer for a couple of years now and I am constantly impressed with its durability. Around the home it's been great and always worked like a champ. I'm also a professional bartender and recently decided to see how this thing stood up in a restaurant environment, since we've started to make our own ginger beer and need ginger juice.

As you may well know, ginger is not the easiest root to extract juice from. It's incredibly hard, fibrous and unforgiving. I've seen a Champion-brand juicer start to smoke and buckle when faced with too much of the stuff. But the Breville has consistently dominated in this department, juicing upwards of ten pounds of ginger in a sitting (yielding over 4 quarts of ginger juice!!!). I could not be more impressed with this tool, between its ease of use, easy cleanup and durability. Now that the price has seriously dropped, this is an amazing value!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great juicer, February 15, 2010
This review is from: Breville JE95XL Two-Speed Juice Fountain Plus (Kitchen)
I have had this juicer for several weeks now, and I love it. I had a less expensive juicer that didn't fall into this class of juicer for years beforehand and did not use it often as it was not very user friendly. When I decided to do a juice fast the book I was reading said what to look for in a juicer- multiple speeds, large feed in tube... This machine fit everything I needed w/out being too expensive. It is fairly easy to disassemble and clean after use, it did not require I read some lengthy manual.

It has two speeds, low is for juicing soft foods like leafy greens, pears, citrus, and high for other fruits and vegetables. Someone mentioned it sounds like a jet plane taking off when turned on to high, I agree. Juicers are not quiet, but I quite enjoy the benefits I am getting out of it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Has lasted a long time, December 10, 2009
This review is from: Breville JE95XL Two-Speed Juice Fountain Plus (Kitchen)
I've owned this juicer for over 5 years and it's just now starting to have problems like not extracting enough juice, leaks, plastic wearing down. BUT I think 5 years for this low-priced juicer is a good life and I'm happy with that. It's been great. It's perfect for someone that juices occasionally and doesn't want to invest a lot of money. I'm going to upgrade to a more elite Breville this time. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best juicers, ever !, July 28, 2009
Mr. DMC (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breville JE95XL Two-Speed Juice Fountain Plus (Kitchen)
I have tried several different juicers throughout my life - a few Juiceman Jr.'s, a cheap Samsung something, and now this Breville. This is definitely one of the best juicers i have ever owned.

Here are some of the things I like about this juicer:
I love the large feeder tube - it is a huge time saver because I don't have to cut everything. Now I even try to purchase smaller apples that can fit into the tube whole.
Breville has done their engineering homework as the construction is top notch - the machine is very sturdy, it has a very powerful motor, and they even designed their own juicing basket. The first time I used the machine on its high setting my eyes got wide as saucers; I was surprised by the motor's power and the fact it sounded like a jet engine. I even called up my juice-loving neighbor to come over and share the experience. The motor has so much power that I rarely use the high setting.
The juicing basket has a different type of mesh filter than you see on most other juicers (it's like what you might find on a high-end coffee filter), it can be totally disassembled with three screws, and sports some wicked metal prongs used to rasp the food you put into the juicer. Be mindful of the prongs; I finally learned my lesson after the third time of getting poked.
And the juicer even looks great on a counter.

Though I really like this juicer, I can't say that it's perfect. I think that the design of a few of its pieces could be improved. As an example, the tube where the juice exits has a protrusion that goes down the middle as you look into the tube, like a fin because it's not wide enough to touch both sides of the tube. Presumably it's used to calm down the turbulent air in the juice stream caused by the rotation of the basket. Perhaps a great idea to combat the turbulence, but the fin makes it difficult to clean the tube, like with a finger, because it's in the way. There are a couple other plastic "protrusions" which serve similar functions and create similar problems. I ended up getting a bottle brush to deal with some of the issues.

That being said, I wouldn't hesitate recommending this juicer at all and I would definitely buy it again.

(At this time of this writing I've had the juicer for almost 2.5 years and, based on current wear-and-tear, I expect I'll be using it for at least another 7.5.)

5.0 out of 5 stars changed my life, March 8, 2009
This review is from: Breville JE95XL Two-Speed Juice Fountain Plus (Kitchen)
I recently took a notion to start juicing. I had a really old juicer which was difficult to clean. It finally broke for good forcing me to purchase a new one. Luckily I purchased the Breville JE95XL. It has changed my life. It is so easy to use and clean that juicing has become part of my daily routine.

It has a large opening so that vegetables don't need to be cut in tiny pieces to fit. It has a very strong motor and a fine mesh for extracting all of the juice and leaving dry pulp behind. It even has a strainer on the collection container that skims off the foam as you pour the juice into your glass. The designers of this machine must truly be juicing fanatics themselves to have thought of all of these good points to include in their product.

Since using this product every day, I have lost weight and even better than that, I have more energy than I know what to do with. I have to ask myself, shall I climb a mountain today or run a marathon? I have been a vegetarian for years but juicing raw vegetables apparently provides all the phytonutrients my body needs to feel younger, better and more alive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, March 23, 2007
This review is from: Breville JE95XL Two-Speed Juice Fountain Plus (Kitchen)
I did lots of research on this product before buying it and the reviews stood true. This juicer is amazing and so easy to clean. Definitely worth the money and way better than other juicers I have seen or tested on the market.

5.0 out of 5 stars SERIOUS JUICER, March 26, 2007
K. Holder (Michigan United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breville JE95XL Two-Speed Juice Fountain Plus (Kitchen)
I purchased this juicer for my mother in law as a gift. She's a twice daily juicer so I did quite a bit of research before purchasing a product that wouldn't conk out on here in a year. She has been VERY pleased with every aspect of the juicer. It has a very large hopper (about the size of a medium sized apple) so it cuts down on the cutting of everything. Plus the screen extracts much more juice. It is very clean as the pulp goes directly into an enclosed container....no flying pulp spitting out on the counter and wall. And easy clean up. Bottom line is that she loves it as a product. The ONLY DOWNSIDE we found was that she had to find a different place to store it. It is very tall and there fore will NOT fit under your standard sized cabinets on the counter. She likes to have appliances out on the counter that she uses every day, so that was a bit of a bummer...but because of its performance she will certainly deal with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Had to send back to manufacturer for repair, November 4, 2006
Hannah (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breville JE95XL Two-Speed Juice Fountain Plus (Kitchen)
I enjoyed the juicer while it worked, but I think its claims of being able to juice whole apples are rather lofty. The second time I did this, the motor burnt out and I've had to send it back to the manufacturer for replacement. Up until that time, it seemed to work pretty well. Though I only juiced citrus fruits, carrots and apples so far. Hopefully they'll replace it swiftly.

‹ Previous | 18 9 1022 | Next ›