Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Breville RM-BJE200XL Compact Juice Fountain 700-Watt Juice Extractor (Certified Remanufactured)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on April 9, 2012
I ordered this juicer due to the reviews and the price. The certified remanufactured model looks brand new and I am pretty sure it is brand new. It was in all the original packaging. I wanted something compact and quiet. Cleaning is easy and takes only 2-3 minutes. I just take the entire top section off and rinse it off in the sink and wash the pulp down the drain. You have to clean out the pulp after making 2 16oz juices because it fills up. It's very quiet and juices quickly. i have not observed any leakage from anywhere on the machine while juicing. Occasionally, small pieces of leafy veggies will fly out of the top while juicing. I recommend putting leafy veggies in before the other fruits/veggies to keep them from flying out.
on April 10, 2012
I wasn't sure if this would break on me right away, but so far here is what i have: daily 5lb carrots and 5lb apples, and from time to time some other exotic stuff. What i love its a simple 1-2-3 assembly. Easy to clean easy to put back together. So far i have not felt anything that would tell me it was refurbished.
on January 31, 2012
Quick and simple:

We've been wanted and juicer for awhile and then we watched "Fat, Sick, And Nearly Dead" which was the tipping point for buying one. Scoped out this model on Amazon and it was affordable and had good reviews (other listing on amazon has somewhere around 800+ reviews). Found this re-manufactured model and thought it was worth a shot.

When it arrived, It looks brand new, works like brand new, and is overall pretty awesome so far. If you're looking for a way to get into juicing but dont have a ton a money to spend, we highly recommend this model!
55 comments|56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 18, 2012
The Breville BJE200XL is a very good juicer. I purchased the re-manufactured product which has apparently gotten some mixed response. But, for the drop in price, and since we only use it once or twice a week, it has been a very good deal for us so far.

PROS:

- The motor is very powerful. It's the most powerful juicer I have owned over the past 20 years.
- For the most part, the waste material is nearly completely dry, but can occasionally end up needing a bit of a wring-out when done. It depends entirely on the fruit or vegetable being juiced.
- The (small) pitcher has a lid that helps to skim off some of the foam created during juicing (see list of cons).
- It comes with a cleaning brush/spatula combo to help remove waste from the small channel in the housing and from the extractor screen.

CONS:

- The circular/satellite style waste bin is far too small, as is the receiving pitcher, and the housing too fidgety to make more than two medium glasses of juice at a time. I would have preferred a rear-bin design and taller pitcher, but I don't have the counter space. Taking the housing apart to empty the waste mid-process is rather messy and annoying.
- The housing design allows for a bit too much free-flying debris to be ejected from the feed chute.
- The feed chute has two rather sharp plastic fins that guide the plunger straight through the chute. The fins seem unnecessary to me. But, more to the point, they are (literally) a pain to get around when washing the inside of the chute. I can't see the reasoning behind nearly knife-sharp plastic plunger guides.
- The 700-watt motor is so powerful that it aerates the juice *a lot* as it extracts it, which wastes a bit of the final product--more so than less powerful juicers--causing a lot of foam to fill the wee receiving pitcher, rather than plain juice.
- The rather small pitcher comes with a fitted lid that has a small opening for the juicer's spout to sit in. This prevents splash-out, but it also make it awkward to sit the pitcher under the spout--you need to tilt the entire unit a small amount.
- The pitcher's lid is also loosely fitted to the pitcher, and it sits recessed into the pitcher far more than is practical, limiting the amount of juice the pitcher can hold. As well, if there is a lot of foam being produced, the lid compresses the foam through the small openings and out onto the counter if you're not paying close attention.

Conclusion:

Despite the greater number of cons than pros in my list, this is actually a very good juicer for a limited space and low price. I have other Breville counter-top appliances and have always been pleased with them--even though this juicer may not be quite up to par with their counter-top ovens.

If you are short on counter space and do not intend to make a gallon of juice in one sitting (or, have a substantial amount of patience for fidgety assembly when cleaning), this may be a very good choice for you.
on October 31, 2012
I have been using this juicer about a week after several years with a Juiceman II. The Breville remanuf'd unit comes with a 90 day warranty which is not mentioned on the website to the best of my knowledge (would have bought it anyway). The base unit, with the mesh screen fitted into the bottom plastic bowl that first catches the pulp, not the top plastic piece that ejects the pulp, seems to not fit snugly into place as the JM II did at that stage of assembly. It fits fairly loosely until you pull the metal retainer clip over the top and all pieces (bowel/mesh screen/top) are in place. I do 3 apples, 2-3 carrots and some beet pieces each day and turn the machine on (high) before juicing as the manual strongly recommends. I have had no problems with veggies "flying out of the feeder tube" as other(s) have alluded to. I also have not seen any leaks as other mention. I do notice the pulp from the Breville has much more moisture then the JM II did and was actually struck by how wet the pulp is! Seems like lots of wasted juice IMHO. I tried alternating the order of which veggies I fed in to no avail as far as excessive pulp moisture. I use a slow steady push on the tube as recommended. It also tends to be quite frothy, but I can live with that by letting the mixture settle while I do clean up which is fairly easy. It also tends to leave small thin slices of apple in the bottom strainer but again, not a deal breaker. The motor seems quite strong. Other then mediocre juice extraction with excessive pulp moisture, it seems a good buy for the bucks. Perhaps someone will come out with a better mesh strainer, which is what seems not up to the task.
on May 10, 2012
I was a little intimidated with figuring out which juicer to purchase, as I'd never used one before. I decided to go with Breville (remanufactured) and am so glad I did! It works perfectly! It's simple to use and simple to clean. It juices quickly and works effortlessly with everything I've tried to juice - grapefruit, apples, lemons, tons of veggies, gingerroot, etc. I use it about 2x a day and I have had no problems in 2 months of using it!!
on July 26, 2013
This is my first juicer, so I don't have much to compare it to. It came well packaged and quickly, and was easy to get out of the package. I washed it and set it up immediately. It doesn't take up too much space in the kitchen--one of the reasons why I've not gotten a juicer sooner is that I have serious space limitations in my urban galley kitchen. It is about the size of a large food processor. It makes great juice!! I've juiced 4 times in 3 days using kale, celery, green apple and fresh ginger. It is easy to clean, just 4 parts to wash, which I've done by hand, although I do think the bowl and accessories are dishwasher safe. The mesh screen does need to be brushed with the included brush as the veggie particles are very fine and stick to the screen. I do feel badly about all of the good pulp that gets left behind--all that fiber. So I am going to try to incorporate the kale and celery pulp into a soup. It does not seem to be too noisy. I am really happy with it. Oh, and I bought the refurbished version and it works great. I highly recommend.
on November 3, 2011
I found this Breville Juice Fountain Compact a great buy and particularly like the large 3 inch wide chute to push in citrus, fruit and vegetables. It takes a relatively smaller size counter footprint compared to my other (older) full size Breville Juicer but still packs 700 watts of power which is somehow MORE than my older full size Breville Juicer. I saved over 15% versus the standard "new" model- smaller, more power, cost less--whats not to like? Oh it has dishwasher-safe parts, too!
on October 30, 2012
It works fine, recommend it, just not sure if juicing is all that it's cracked up to be. Cleans easily, it's recommended you clean the filter IMMEDIATELY after use, so that the particles don't dry up in the net. I read lots of reviews about this model, and it stands up to the reviews. It's a bit larger than I expected. Overall glad I have it.
on August 7, 2015
I have loved this juicer so far. It gets the job done and I have had a blast looking up health benefits of foods and juicing them and putting that clean nutrients in my body.This juicer is a steal for the money. But I wish I would have splurged and got a juicer that produces more juice per produce. In the end of a more expensive juicer produces more juice per produce it could pay for its self in no time....no one claims juicing is cheap so anything to get more is always better. I also do not like how you have to take off the lid to get the pulp. Next time I will get a juicer that pushes pulp out. I run my pulp through 3 times because it doesn't get everything so that would make that process faster but it would be nice to not have to run it through multiple times. And if you are looking to juice wheat grass forget about it. This juicer cannot handle it. But overall I use the the tar out of this thing and I don't regret this purchase and investment in my heaith. Overall good value for the price.