1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Funny, March 9, 2010
tvtv3 "tvtv3" (Sorento, IL United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Brevity 4: Another Collection of Fine Comics Selected by Guy and Rodd (Paperback)
The single-panel comics in this collection are hilarious. The style of humor reminds me of Gary Larson's "Farside". I'm not saying "Brevity" is the next "Farside", but it does have that same sense of warped humor. I was also reminded of "The Argyle Sweater" and "F-Minus" while reading this book. Most of the panels are just a single panel with very few words. For example, one strip has a wealthy man laying on top of a pile of money in a vault with a couple of paramedics next to him saying, "Silly Billionaires." Occasionally, the single panel is split in two to give a set-up and then the gag. For instance, in one comic the top panel shows a yearbook with containing words of encouragement to guy from different women, then in the bottom part of the panel we see Guy sitting in the lunchroom by himself writing in his own yearbook. Very funny.

Brevity 4: Another Collection of Fine Comics Selected by Guy and Rodd
Brevity 4: Another Collection of Fine Comics Selected by Guy and Rodd by Guy Endore-Kaiser (Paperback - April 21, 2009)
$12.99 $11.69