Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Brewing Beer (4 Simple Steps To Your First Homebrew - With 40 Easy Peasy Recipes Book 1)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on October 25, 2012
Dave has written what should be required reading for all first-time homebrewers, as well as for seasoned brewers. There is a lot of information in this book that I have not found in any other compendium on homebrewing. I look forward to making my own yeast starter in my next batch. And the yarrow, hop-free ale is so intriguing I'm going to make a 3-gallon batch, as yarrow is one of my favorite herbs.
on October 25, 2012
This book is written in a style that anyone can understand. The simple step by step instructions make the process so easy that if you can make a box of Mac and cheese you can make your own beer.The section on the laws and what can and can't be done is very helpful.
on October 25, 2012
The author does a great job of easing any reader who is hesitant on taking the leap into home brewing. Every necessary detail to get started is outlined with links to helpful web sites. Short but to the point text makes it easy reading, too. What a great time to introduce this book for beer lovers - it's Oktoberfest! A must on all brewers' book shelves!
on November 26, 2013
This is an essential how-to-brew guide for anyone who is thinking about homebrewing for the first time. And it's also useful for those who already have some experience. The book includes all the information you need, to make a great batch of beer the first time you try and to have a lot of fun doing it.

"Brewing Beer" tells you all you need to know about the equipment and ingredients you need and where to get them. And it walks you through the whole process, from shopping for that stuff to how to pour your finished beer.

That part of the book is clear and easy to understand, but it also goes into some depth and detail when explaining the four steps to beer brewing. So I really appreciate the "bare bones directions - step by step checklist". It's a handy guide, to refer to on brewing day, in which the detailed explanations have been stripped away.
I also like all the advice about how to experiment to create your own recipes. And the 40 delicious recipes that are included provide great starting recipes to tweak and make your own.

I also recommend the companion books in this series:
Brewing Beer: Problems (Troubleshooting Your Homebrew) answers the most Frequently Asked Questions about brewing beer. It's a troubleshooting guide that helps you diagnose, fix, and prevent the most common problems you may experience, when a batch of beer does not quite measure up to your expectations.

Brewing Beer: Tips (300 Helpful Homebrew Tips, Tricks & Secrets) is a collection of well over 300 brewing tips. "Brewing Beer" gives you all the ESSENTIAL info you need to brew, but these additional tips can make the experience easier and more fun. They include the little, clever tricks that you usually learn only by experience. The many cartoons and jokes that are sprinkled throughout are great fun too.
on December 22, 2014
An absolute must read for novice brewers, "Brewing Beer" also has some information that I suspect many experienced beer makers would find of interest. The author covers all aspects of the process: cost, equipment, ingredients, and even describes the variations in taste that water can cause. I am a novice, and found that very interesting. He answers all of questions that I had and includes the answers to some that I wouldn't have thought to ask, like his mention of some of the laws for making, selling and/or shipping home brewed beer. The book also contains some helpful reference sites. Overall, I found this easy to read book of directions and descriptions extremely helpful. It is likely the only book on the subject that I'll need.
on October 23, 2012
Brewing Beer (4 Simple Steps To Your First Home Brew - With 40 Easy Peasy Recipes)What a good job on covering all the laws, equipment and directions for making beer. The text is easy to read and the pictures are nicely done. I recommend it highly for anyone who is interested in Home Brewing their own beer.
on January 20, 2013
I bought Brewing Beer 4 Simple Steps about a week ago this for my husband who used to enjoy brewing his own beer. When we moved house a few years ago, the equipment never got unpacked and it seemed easier just to go down to the bottle shop and buy a carton, although he always says it doesn't taste as good!.

Well I'm pleased to say that these Brewing Beer tips have re-ignited his enthusiasm and he was out buying bottle, caps and ingredients yesterday. We will have to wait a little while to taste the fruits of his homebrew, but it's certainly nice to see him taking an interest again.

Also a pleasure to see some Australian beers on the menu! He can't wait to try the Australian Golden Lager which he insists is going to impress his mates!

Fortunately in this country there is no legislation against making beer in your own home, only against selling it, so we don't have to worry about that (yet).
on January 13, 2013
The idea of starting a hobby making my own micro brew beer at home is really exciting! I didn't know anything about it and I didn't even know where to begin. This book has brought me from zero knowledge to a point where I'm ready to start pricing out starter kits. I also think I will save time and money with the tons of advice given on aspects of making beer that would have taken me months to figure out on my own. I plan on getting Brewing Beer: Problems (Troubleshooting Your Home Brew) and Brewing Beer: Tips (300 Helpful Home Brew Tips, Tricks & Secrets) by the same author.
on November 26, 2012
Cheers!
Be the brew master of your home brewery!
Read Dave's excellent "Brewing Beer" book that will guide you safely from no knowledge to brew master.
Read about the basics, the varieties, the ingredients, the fermentation, bottling and equipment and so much more.
Be guided through the whole shooting match in an easy to follow, easy to read yet well written book with lots of illustrations and recipes.
on January 25, 2013
I love beer like most guys. When it comes to making your own beer. I was completely blown away, as how easy it is, making your own beer.
You have to get this beer making guide. Once you do your friend will want to watch the big game at your place. Because you know how to make a special beer for the game.
Get your copy now.