Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on January 19, 2003
My daughter (aged 5 when she received this item, now turning 7) loves the Breyer horses and the Little Red Stable. Unfortunately Breyer is to look at, not play with. The horses do not stand well and several have suffered broken legs. The Stable is made of a very thin, almost brittle, plastic. My daughter is not rough with her toys, and though she enjoys playing with the set, the broken horses and sharp plastic are a put-off. I wouldn't recommend this for enthusiastic play or for portable entertainment.
0Comment|122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 5, 2000
This wonderful little barn is one of the favorite toys of my horse-crazy daughters. It was easy to assemble and has provided hours and hours of fun. I love to watch them set up their little 'riding stable' and create a little world on my living room floor. The beautiful hand painted horses that come with the barn are suitable for display as well as play.
on February 15, 2002
I used to love the playng with the Breyer models when I was young. I bought this for my Daughter last Christmas (she is now 8 years old)and she still plays with it almost daily. We have bought several of these for gifts too. My two year old daughter plays with it constantly. I have even caught my 6 year old son playng with it.
on August 3, 2003
My mom got this for me and I have been playing with it ever since! I collect stablemates and I think whoever collects them should get this barn!
on September 4, 2001
To those serious collectors (such as myself) the barn detail is not good enough for showing, but the detail on the horses is incredible. To those collectors who still play with their horses (such as my self) the barn is extremely well built and durable. The horses legs do not take a beating well, but the other toys included do. I wouldn't reccomend this for kids who still "eat" their toys (has small assecories), but it is definetly a nice horse piece to ad to any collection!!
on June 19, 2002
I apsolutely loved my barn when I was a little girl. It was hard to put together and that meant to me that it wasn't going to fall apart. I loved the fact that it comes with two Stablemates! I hope that someone will have a lot of fun with beautiful collectors item/toy!
on August 24, 2002
I THOUGHT THAT THE HORSE STABLE WAS VERY CUTE AND MY SON LOVES HORSES. HE THOUGHT THAT IT WAS GREAT FOR ALL HIS HORSES TOO STAY IN. HE COULD PUT SOME IN THERE TO TRAVEL WITH WHERE EVER HE GOES. I THINK THIS IS A GREAT TOY FOR ANY CHILD WHO LOVES HORSES.
on August 1, 2010
Breyer Stablebates Red Stable Set I wish I had read the reviews before I bought the item. There was no time to get something different. GOOD suggestion to glue the stable together. It IS flimsy. It looks much more sturdy in the picture than it is. We opted like another reviewer to not glue on the roof making it easy for my granddaughter to get horses in and out. The little horses are brittle instead of soft plastic. Horses Breyer Stablemates Gift Set 4 Piece don't stand very well. My granddaughter is happy - but I don't think the toy will stand the test of time. I agree - this is more a display item than a toy to be played with. Recommend Schleich or Safari plastic horses instead.
on November 26, 2004
my daughter received this for christmas two year ago. the pieces pop apart easily and the plastic becomes warped with continued use. the barn doors lost their "nubs" to stay attached within about 2 weeks. not for frequent use! now shopping for a more durable model.
on January 27, 2008
I have never reviewed a product before in my life. But this toy was so disappointing, I had to tell share. My 4 year old is horse-crazy, and Santa brought her this as a very special gift. Santa was under the impression that Breyer is the best when it comes to horse stuff. Unfortunately, when Mom went to put it together, some of the thin, brittle plastic parts actually cracked and/or broke off during assembly. The joints of the barn don't stay joined, the barn doors come off, and as mentioned, the horses don't stay standing up. If all your child wants is to create a horse display, and if you have room in your house for such "hands off" displays, I suppose this would be fine. For a kid who likes pretend play, this is worthless.