5.0 out of 5 stars Exit Laughing
Published on November 2, 2002 by Bruce Kendall

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Not as funny as some of his other stuff I have heard.
Published 4 months ago by Jason Erin

5.0 out of 5 stars Exit Laughing, November 2, 2002
I'm happy to see that this CD is now available here. As of last month it hadn't been. If you're unfamiliar with Brian Regan, remedy the situation by buying this CD. I agree with other reviewers that he is the funniest stand-up comedian working today. I agree also that his humor bears repeated listening. His is some of the funniest material extant. His renderings of his youthful experiences are especially noteworthy. He depicts the young Brian as a sort of addled, hopelessly inept, comic boob, who somehow survives his brothers' less-than-helpful suggestions and his teachers' castigations. But then again, the adult Brian is not much savvier, as his trip to a health spa indicates.
It's also been mentioned that Regan's act is family friendly. Try to find a download of his appearances on the infamous Opie and Anthony radio show for his funny take on this notion. Those appearances also highlight the fact that Regan is spontaneously funny as well as being a great stand-up. He delivers some great off-the-cuff responses to callers' requests.
Odd to say, I find listening to Regan more enjoyable than watching him (on his Comedy Central Special). The images that my imagination conjures up at his instigation are funnier than when I see them acted out onscreen. I have no doubt that he would be marvelous to see live, but I am content for now to listen and laugh.
This CD is a sure-fire bad mood destroyer. If you are searching for entertainment and light-hearted, good-natured comedy, look no further. You cannot have a sense of humor and remain impassive to this creative comic's material.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh my dear sweet Lord., April 17, 2000
Brian Regan is the funniest comic I have ever seen live, including Bill Cosby, Jerry Seinfeld, Ray Romano, and Don Rickles.
If you have ever wondered what it would be like to walk into a crowd of people, tell jokes you know, and bring EACH AND EVERY PERSON TO THEIR KNEES, you are fantasizing about being Brian Regan.
I have seen him live seven times. That is counting the last two times he has been in Atlanta, when I bought two nights' tickets per engagement. Yes, two friends and I watched him two nights in a row and he NEVER DISAPPOINTS. Listen to some samples on Amazon. Then imagine this genius of a man playing the crowd with these lines nonstop for an hour. If you do that, you are beginning to imagine what it's like to see his show.
No one did not laugh at this man. I will continue to see him live until I choke on my own gallbladder laughing at him. And he is completely clean. Pure genius.
Capturing him on CD is long overdue and almost by definition incomplete. You WILL laugh your *ss off at this CD, but that is almost nothing compared to seeing him live. Buy this CD and call your local comedy club to see when you can lose bladder control.

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally hilarious, June 20, 2002
I listened to this CD for the first time in its entirety on a car trip to Tennessee from Michigan and it made the time fly by. I have seen bits and pieces of his routine on Comedy Central and such, but it is really nice to have his best stuff at my fingertips. Although Regan is almost like Jim Carrey in that he relies a lot on facial expressions and physical comedy, the CD is still really funny to listen to.

My favorite parts of Regan's routine have always been the one about the doughnut lady ("well how many do I have left now?") and the last track on the CD with the dogs barking for no reason in the middle of the night. My new favorite is his bit about Flipper and how their should have been an evil dolphin who moved the channel markers. Another really funny part is about when he was in school and how unfair spelling bees are because..well I don't want to give it away. Buy this CD - Brian Regan is really hilarious!

I remember him having a brother (Dennis?) who was also a really funny guy. That makes the Regans like the Partridge family of comedy - but they are funny on purpose!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious comedy for the whole family!, October 27, 2003
This review is from: Brian Regan Live (Audio CD)
I have listened to (and own) many standup comedy CDs but Brian Regan's "Live" CD is one of the funniest CDs I have ever heard. I nearly wrecked my car the first time I heard it because I was laughing so hard that my eyes were tearing up.
As an added bonus there is NO CRUDE SUBJECT MATTER OR LANGUAGE on this CD so it is appropriate for the whole family and the subject matter even entertained my teenagers.

5.0 out of 5 stars I got a Six!! I got a Six at the sun stare!, August 14, 2001
Mike Kimmel (Schaumburg Illinoise) - See all my reviews
That's how many stars I would give this cd if it were possible; six. Brian Regan has taken the world by storm... At least the world that knows about him. Tell all of your friends to listen to this cd because it is the most hilarious comedy on the market. Brian uses everyday things that most of us don't even think about to propagate the most gut busting laughter that there ever was. If you like good clean jokes and can appretiate some really goofy humor, then by all means buy this cd. Even after listening to it eleventy billion times I still laugh at ever spin of the shiny disc. So you too should join me and my comedic friend, and turn your stereo into the jokester of the night, sure to please everyone at the party. Take luck.

5.0 out of 5 stars You too!, March 2, 2000
This guy is amazing. I have seen his live act at the Improv in DC many times, along with Letterman appearances, the old Showtime special and more, and EVERY time he has me in tears. His CD now lets me take his genius with me in the car. "I call it Cup of Dirt."
Regan is the pure essence of humor, as evidenced by the fact that he fills (to capacity) a room with all types of people and can make every one of them laugh, b/c he highlights the general foibles of just being human. (Cabbie: Hey, have a nice flight. Regan: You too!) No sex, no bad words.
Every track on this CD is a highlight and represents some of his best work. This CD has mass appeal, and I guarantee ANYONE for whom you play it will enjoy it: male, female, old, young, mother, father, etc.
Now he needs to come out with a Volume 2, and include some of his best bits that were left off this CD: Neil Armstrong at a Party, Moving into an apartment and getting phone service, peeing out the back of the station wagon and splitting a pie with the college roommate.
Brian, you are incredible. Hope you, the wife and the baby (almost one year old now?) are doing great, and COME TO DENVER!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth Twice As Much, August 20, 2004
Jeremy Williams (Charlotte, NC USA) - See all my reviews
Brian is one of the funniest people you will ever hear. Brian keeps the jokes clean (for the most part at least) and reference real life things we all can relate to (none of this no-so-funny curse-joke or racial-cut stuff).

You won't regret the purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Live by Brian Regan, June 26, 2006
Loves2laf "Luv2Laf" (Valrico, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brian Regan Live (Audio CD)
This comedy CD is a true treasure!! I have bought several to give to my friends & relatives - his 'good, clean' comedy passes the 'Grandma test' easily, but is SO funny everyone laughs together! I shared it with 2 fellow health care professionals, they loved it, and have decided to recommend it to patients to help them lift their moods - you can't NOT laugh at so many of his routines here!! I hope Brian will come out with a DVD of this and other routines!! Brian Regan is a heavenly gift to all of us who love to laugh but hate the 'blue' language too many 'comics' resort to in their routines.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Funniest CD I've ever heard, June 23, 2004
It's amazing to me how not many people have heard of Brian Regan, he's a lot funnier than many comics who are extremely well known. Every time I listen to his CD I laugh, I enjoy the whole thing. The donut lady and stupid in school are especially hilarious. I highly recommend this CD, it will have you laughing the whole way through. It's also a great CD b/c you can listen to it w/ the whole family, he manages to be funny without having to be vulgar or profane. Get this CD!

5.0 out of 5 stars Skippy McGee, September 24, 2000
If you really, really want a good laugh, look no further than Brian Regan. Not only does he poke fun of every one of us by poking fun at himself, he does it in a way that makes us glad to be humans on his planet. Brian uses everyday occurances as the basis for the most hilarious bits, and does it without taking you to places you wouldn't want your parents to see you. He manages to bring you to your knees in hysterical laughter without once bringing sex, profanity or raunchy behavior into his act. It might not sound cool to most people, but Brian Regan is without a doubt the only comic on the circuit that the whole family can enjoy... and enjoy you will! I got the chance to see Brian at a Comedy Club in Dallas back in '96- so funny the first night, I bought tickets for the remaning nights of his engagement! And he's a genuinely nice guy, too (...) and it shows through brilliantly in his perfectly hilarious act. BUY THIS!

Brian Regan Live
Brian Regan Live by Brian Regan (Audio CD - 1997)