Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now

Format: DVD|Change

VINE VOICEon August 25, 2007
Brian Regan is a great comedian for the whole family. My wife and kids love walking through the house yelling "What's the score, Brian?" "Snowcone! Whole snowcone for half game!" He's a great guy, and his humor is something you can enjoy with everyone.

If you own his live CD or earlier DVD, you'll find this contains almost all new material. One of the bonus features is his encore in which he does requests from the audience from his material. It's stuff you've heard before, but the funny way he points that out is hilarious ("You're out there going, 'Yep, that's the way I memorized it.'") His first Comedy Central Presents appearance is included and there's no repeats from the "Standing Up" special in it. If this is your first introduction to Brian's comedy, it's a great place to start. Grab his live CD next. The CC Presents half-hour show has some of that material on it, but it's still funny.

I wish there were more comedians out there like Brian. He manages to be funny without ever being vulgar. I don't know why he isn't more popular, but with his CC sponsored national tour maybe he'll finally get the exposure he deserves.

Keep up the great work, Brian!
0Comment|113 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 14, 2007
I had never heard of Brian Regan, then I came across his stand-up special on Comedy Central. He is absolutely hilarious. When I first watched it my Mom was over and I was afraid I'd end up turning it off 10 minutes into the show because of nasty language or crude content. To our delight there was nothing of the kind. And he has priceless facial expressions. He's very similar to Seinfeld - in that his routines focus on the mundane, ordinary things in life, but somehow he manages to make it funny. His bits include subjects such as TV, airlines/airports and politics. Simple ideas - with comical twists - and absolutely no language or sexual references. It CAN be done!
on August 15, 2007
I saw Brian Regan's new one hour special on Comedy Central and also live in concert. Brian Regan is by far one of the funniest, cleanest comedians I know and this show was great. I have to admit, however, that his new material is not quite as funny as some of his previous stuff, such as "I walked on the Moon" and Brian Regan Live. If you haven't seen or heard of Brian Regan before, definitely check this DVD out and also go get his earlier stuff. You will not be disappointed.
on October 10, 2007
Clearly beneath the veneer of self-deprecating 'dufus' Brian Regan, who's still trying to get through life 'without looking stupid' is probably the smartest comedian in the business today. His formula? Simple. A consistently hilarious act that relies on wit and a very smart crafting of vocabulary plus an outrageous take on the every-day, the mundane ("They're buyin' a CREASE!"), plus a range of body language and facial expressions that are by themselves a comedy act like no other, minus the anger and cynicism (and as already noted, the vulgarity of subject matter and profanity) that is prevalent in so many comedy acts today. But his act is anything but formulaic. Even the the familiar material gets new treatment, new twists, new surprises and it's apparent that if Regan were not keeping the act fresh for his audience, well it probably wouldn't be much fun for him either. I've seen his act live several times over the years, and this guy NEVER 'phones it in' regardless of the size or enthusiasm level of his audience. The only reason I don't give this DVD a 5-star rating is because of the production quality/editing of the DVD itself, which looks 'made-for-TV' rushed, and many bits especially early in, seem almost as if they have a 'laugh-track' feel. As if the CC producers, in dubbing, felt a need to augment the room laughter, feels like they've orchestrated the volume and duration of the laughter for effect. Live Brian Regan doesn't need it. Unless the original dubbing of the crowd was weak due to poor mic placement or something and they felt they needed to charge it up. The result feels a little canned, lacking a little of the audience energy and spontaneity of 'I Walked On The Moon' or his self-titled Live CD. But I'm nit-picking; this really is a very good show, and his material is--as always--side-splitting in content and delivery. Bottom line is, it's well worth the purchase. Do not miss this.
on July 18, 2007
It's about time there is a clean funny comedian! I LOVE Brian Regan. His material is amazingly clever, and his facial expressions are just to die for. I believe this is for all audiences-even if you like crazy comedy that kids should not see. It's amazing. Better always in person-but just the funniest thing I have ever in my life seen. I would recommend Brian to anyone and everyone.
You'll never regret getting this dvd-and it will probably end up being on of your favorites! It NEVER gets old and you can watch it over and over again and laugh at the same stuff.
on June 10, 2007
Brian Regan is a very talented comic, with very good material. He guides you along scenarios with his keen sense of humor and delivery expertise, and really paints a picture that is enjoyable to watch and easy to understand. He uses body language and facial expressions in his act along with wit and a unique comical perspective. I found myself laughing quite often, which is the whole point. I enjoyed one of Brian Regan's past performances very much, which I saw on Comedy Central, and enjoyed this one as well. He keeps it fun and not vulgar, which may be a concern if young ones are around. If you are even slightly familiar with his work and you liked what you saw, you may want to pick up this DVD. He delivers the goods once again.
on June 14, 2007
I have recently caught Regan's act on comedy central and cannot wait for the dvd release.Like the other reviews have mentioned , his delivery and facial expressions are ribhurting funny , and that to me is what a true comic is all about.There is one particular scene where he is talking about local news (i'll call it the untrustworthy anchorman skit) , oh man!! , it is so funny we have played it back LITERALLY 50 times>> I still have not erased it from my dvr.Anyway , I hope there are some xtra routines on this dvd that didnt make it on the cable showing , and maybe some other xtras as well , looking forward to it.
on June 12, 2007
Although I can't rate the DVD, I can rate the performance. As with all of Brian's acts, this one has simple yet witty scenarios. Brian has a way of finding small things in life that we do not think of being totally ridiculous and he brings to light the silliness we create as humans. His facial expressions are very important to his act and that is why this DVD will be so much more valuable than a CD. One of the best jokes that exemplifies his wit, recognition of the silly things we do, and his facial expressions is his joke about the people at the Antique Roadshow. This joke showcases his many simplified talents.
on January 9, 2016
One of our favorites of Brian R. So hysterical! Brian Regan's comedy is in its true, pure form here. Not only is he clever and a great writer, he has such a great "wait time" and rhythm to his comedy. His "clean" nature (for the most part), is so appreciated! We listen to his comedy when we are on our camping trips and even my teenagers love him! I was able to see him live a few times. This recorded collection is a great example of his work, and when you listen to this piece, you will be shocked by how time flies by====your laughter will consume you and you will just want to hear more Brian!
on August 23, 2008
I have always loved the comedy of Brian Regan ever since I first heard him! Brian Regan is a guy who can put tears in my eyes from laughing so hard! I loved the "STANDING UP" DVD because you actually get two shows on one DVD!!! Brian does "STANDING UP", then you go to special features and there is an encore, where he comes out and lets the audience request some of his older jokes. After the encore, there is another half hour comedy show! Just when you are feeling sad that it is over, you get another 30 minutes of Brian Reagan comedy!!! If I could only buy one DVD, this would be my first one! I have owned it for about a week and I have watched the entire DVD five times and the "STANDING UP" section six times because as soon as I start telling someone about it, they want to see it with me! I highly recommend this DVD along with the Brian Regan Live CD. If you enjoy sarcastic humor at all, you will love Brian Regan!