Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on December 22, 2010
I've traveled with this bag for years and it does not disappoint. It's the largest garment bag made that you can carry on. It will even fit in the overhead bin on the airplane sideways (handle facing to the side versus facing directly out). It will accomodate 3-5 days of clothes so perfect for those trips of a week or less. The bag is very durable...after 500k air miles it's still flying with no problems. Buy this bag and you won't be disappointed. As good or better than the Tumi bags I have.
22 comments33 of 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 18, 2011
I don't like having to pack suits and dress shirts in carry-on bags like this, because they will wrinkle some, but it's so convenient to be able to use carry-on luggage that it's often worth the inconvenience. Like all B&R cases, this is simultaneously top quality and over-priced, but as long as you can accept the price tag, this is a great carry-on to have for packing hanging garments. I would NOT buy this for checking luggage, as the trade-offs to get this into such a small package just (for carry-on) aren't worth it if you don't mind checking your bags. Lastly, that little cut-out notch on the front of the bag turns out to be perfectly sized to fit where the hinges are on the overhead, which saved me on a recent trip: No one else's bag would fit in the remaining spot, so when I got on the plane, I had a spot perfectly made for my bag!
on March 20, 2012
Why I like it...

-I typically pack a suit, sport jacket, 3-4 shirts, a pair of sneakers, and assorted items. I'm a tall guy and my stuff fits.
-Unlike standard carry-ons, you don't have to fold suit twice.
-Having the handle mechanism outside the case really does reduce wrinkles.
-Briggs and Riley has a lifetime guaranty.
-Briggs and Riley quality: I've been using this brand for years, including my daily satchel. Materials, stitching, zippers are all top quality.
-As another reviewer pointed out, the outer pocket is perfectly designed to fit next to hinges in overhead compartment.
-No designer labels or styling, which can be an invitation to theft.
-Neat ID tag feature: it pulls up out of a little pocket. This means your ID tag won't break off or will be read by the curious.

Doesn't matter to me, but might to others...

-This is too wide to wheel down plane aisle.
-It doesn't have 4 wheels, a feature some carry-ons now have for people who like to hold and wheel to the side.
-There's no "wow" factor as far as style.

I'm a Briggs and Riley fan. Now here's the thing about the cost. Briggs and Riley covers repairs due to damage by airlines. For life. I don't think anyone else does this. Although this is a carry-on bag, I've had to check it when overheads were full. I've watched from the airplane window as it got tossed onto the belt. I've never had to use the warranty, but I'm sure I will someday (I decided to buy one item from local luggage store so to have a relationship with them for this eventuality. The warranty requires you to deliver to an authorized retailer or service center.) So you can spend a lot less upfront. But in the long run, you risk spending a lot more.
22 comments21 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 29, 2014
Excellent bag with solid quality materials and construction. I travel extensively for work every week, and believe this bag will hold up to the wear-and-tear bags go through. Even though I've only used this bag for a few weeks, I can clearly see it's a vast improvement over my prior carry-on garment bag of a different leading brand name. Although the price point is significantly higher than my prior brand, it's well worth it to be completely covered for life by the warranty. With the prior brand, I had issues with the zippers breaking and the wheels wearing out quickly. I seriously doubt I will have those issues with this bag, given the quality of the materials used....and even if I do, I know it's going to be covered by the warranty for years to come.
I really like the pockets on the closing flap/door, and the fact the outside pocket does not take room from the inside of the bag, which many of the styles of carry-on garment bags do.
Great bag and really look forward to using it for years to come.
on May 25, 2014
I just started traveling for my job and did a lot of research before buying this bag. It is excellent. Size is small enough to fit above seat in airplane, yet easily fit 2 suits, 3 shirts, shaving kit, etc. And I am 6'5", and yet everything fit with minimum wrinkles.
on December 26, 2014
As always, a brilliant superb product. Well designed. Quality material. One suit, one or two jackets with two slacks. Of you have folded shirts, you can get 4-6 shot let's without wrinkling issues. A little heavier compared to Tumi though.
on April 1, 2013
I like the style and the way is was manufactured. An excellent price for what appears to be a high quality product with key components (such as top of the line zippers and outside pocket design.)
on March 4, 2015
Flew 80k miles last year with this bag -- it held up well and my suits arrived wrinkle free -- thoroughly recommended.
on February 21, 2013
Very convenient, packs a suit and other stuff for a 2 day trip with ease. Fits as carry on for most airliners except short hops between a major city and very small cities using a 30-40 seater plane.
on August 13, 2014
Good carry-onand an easy fit in the overhead. This replaces a much more expensive Tumi that had a poor quality handle. Tumi could/would not fix.