Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on May 24, 2013
This is a good quality overnight or weekend bag. I purchased this bag for the name and as a domestic and international carry on. The size is good for a carry on, overnight, or weekend bag. My only complaint would be the orientation of the bag when used with a shoulder strap. The bag rests flat (bottom down) when worn over the should rather than sideways as most other bags do. This puts more pressure on your hip when walking with the bag using the shoulder strap.
I would also wait for the occasional sale price of about 100.00 dollars. At 155.00 its a bit pricey even for the B&R.
The overall quality is excellent.
on January 1, 2014
We took 4pieces of this top grade luggage to Kauai in November. Being able to attach them together made the whole airport experience much easier. I am a senior lady, so ease of use is paramount to me. The quality is exceptional. They came home still looking brand new.
on July 12, 2013
I am increasingly a fan of Briggs and Riley. This is the perfect carry on for traveling. You can fit two Eagle Creek 2-sided Cubes and two EC half-Cubes in this (Cubes flat and the two half-Cubes vertically) and still have a bit of room to spare. You can travel the world and easily live out of this bag if you pack relatively lightly.

The BRX styling looks much more modern than the mainline collection, and the bag seems sturdy as always. The lifetime guarantee helps too. I find myself slowly replacing my luggage with B&R gear.
on August 27, 2012
I will say I am a big fan of Briggs. This BRX convertible went straight back to amazon though. There were excessive buckles and straps on the outside, ostensibly as compression straps, but they were very bulky. the outside grab handles were very large and bulky as well. The padding was fluffy, so It's not even clear they would be functional.

There is a single large main duffle-bag type compartment, if you like that style. However, the top of the bag, which opens, had no outside zippered pockets at all. Not even a flap for tickets/documents. There is a small side pocket to hold perhaps a pair of keys or iphone, as well as a water bottle pouch that would take up internal space if used.

The zippers appear to be large gauge YKK, stitching and construction was up to usual briggs standard.

The convertible backpack straps were padded nicely.

The pack is expandable, making it a deeper duffle by about 1.5 inch.

All-in-all I felt that despite the dimensions, the bag would not provide enough usable space or organization.
on May 2, 2013
I often would take a lightweight duffle bag in addition to my backpack and rollaboard. Now I have a high quality padded duffelbag to take along. It clips to the integrated buckles, so things will stay together as I move between flights.
on October 8, 2013
I took this on a week long trip through Europe as my only bag. Fit perfectly as a carry on bag and the bookbag aspect of it worked wonders while walking around Ireland and Germany... Highly recommend!
on September 24, 2013
It's a litte awkward when using the shoulder strap, but the backpack option works well. Fits enough for about 3-4 days.
on August 13, 2013
Comfortable to carry or wear as backpack. Easy to get into and rather spacious for its size. I wish it had more external pockets and expanded more than it does, but these are minor points.
on July 22, 2014
Fantastic quality. We plan to use these bags for a 10 day trip to Turkey where it will be easier to travel with only a carry on bag. European airlines have strict weight limits for carry on bags, so the light weight if these will be helpful.
on July 11, 2014
Bought this bag for a trip to Africa. Only taking a carry-on. Loved the fact that it can turn into a backpack. This bag in well made. Also, my husband has the same bag and we can clip them together to make one bag. It is well made and very durable.