5.0 out of 5 stars Voltage regulator for Generac 7550 EXL
Published on November 15, 2011 by trombino

2.0 out of 5 stars Packaging Problem
The item was shipped in an envelope, it should have been shipped in a box wrapped in bubble wrap. The envelope was ripped open when I received it. One of the leads was pulled out of the unit, I had to remove part of the epoxy and re-solder the lead. The unit did not work when I installed it in the generator. Amazon Verified Purchased
Published 18 months ago by J B Stanley

5.0 out of 5 stars Voltage regulator for Generac 7550 EXL, November 15, 2011
This review is from: Briggs & Stratton 84132GS Assembly, Regulator, Power (Lawn & Patio)
After my Generac 7550 EXL generator (circa 2004, but never used) failed during hurricane Irene (August 2011), I purchased this voltage regulator board (84132GS) from Amazon. The generator symptom was that it was only outputting around 1.2 VAC at outlets (should be 120 VAC). I didn't want to transport the generator for service, and Generac doesn't appear to ship parts for this model through their phone or online service centers. Took a chance that the original voltage regulator board was bad. Shopped online and purchased this part through Amazon for $66.20, which was not only the lowest price, but Amazon also had the most information and best links on the product. I received this part in just two days! Replaced suspect voltage regulator board (original part number was 84132) with this part (new part number is 84132GS). Refer to item #7 on the link for Generac 7550 EXL Illustrated Parts List:

[...]

Installed it and verified the generator now outputs 120 VAC at its outlets. Applied an AC load to the generator by running a lithium battery charger for Ryobi power tools, and the generator works with this load! I also plan to test with a refrigerator so that when I need it the generator will work. Hopefully Generac fixed/improved the original voltage regulator board design to handle transient or inductive loads (such as a refrigerator compressor).

5.0 out of 5 stars Generator part, December 10, 2012
This product went into a generator we were repairing in our shop. It was the exact part we needed to repair the generator. The part solved the problem. The part was afforable and was delivered in a timely fashion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Correct part for my generac generator., October 9, 2012
The product came in a timely manner and was just as easy to install as the old one I took out. It did have a new updated part number but it did fit exactly as the the old part did. Started unit and everything worked just fine

5.0 out of 5 stars Generator repair, April 26, 2014
Worked perfect, got my generator back working. Was easy to assemble and fit good. Very happy with the results. Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfict fix., March 28, 2014
Worked just fine, had no power out, replaced this item generator working like it should. extremely happy with the outcome.

5.0 out of 5 stars Garden Tractor back on the mend., November 21, 2013
Juanita (Tipp City, Ohio) - See all my reviews
This got my garden tractor back on the mend. However, I got in over my head and had to have it installed, but still saved lots over paying the local repair shop for the parts.

2.0 out of 5 stars Packaging Problem, February 10, 2013