4.0 out of 5 stars Gas Can
Very sturdy made. It is a little bit hard to fill my mower since you have to push down on the spout to fill. Other than that it works fine.
Published 15 months ago by Judy Banks

Published on September 26, 2009 by Frank L.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Spout - Child and Adult Proof - Can't get gas out of this spout., September 26, 2009
This review is from: Briggs & Stratton 85023 2+ Gallon Gas Can (Lawn & Patio)
I purchased this can because I trusted the name Briggs & Stratton. Wedco makes the spout and it does not work. I am 65 years old and have been using gas cans for over 50 years. This is the first can that will not allow me to get the gas out of the can through the spout. I have to unscrew the entire spout, take it off and then carefully pour the gas into my mower. I am looking for a flexible replacement spout that does not have any safety features. I am a CPA and MBA and have read the directions carefully. No gas comes out. This product is junk. Do not buy it.
It worked once, and then auto shut off, never to work again.
This product gets no stars.

1.0 out of 5 stars doesn'r work at all, May 5, 2010
This review is from: Briggs & Stratton 85023 2+ Gallon Gas Can (Lawn & Patio)
I have spent an hour trying to figure out how it works but failed. I hold a master's degree in mechanical engineering....

3.0 out of 5 stars B&S Gas can, October 23, 2009
Judy "Judy" (Jacksonville, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Briggs & Stratton 85023 2+ Gallon Gas Can (Lawn & Patio)
I find this difficult to use. You can't see into the tank to know when to stop, and gas flows very fast.

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute crap, May 21, 2010
This review is from: Briggs & Stratton 85023 2+ Gallon Gas Can (Lawn & Patio)
I am compelled to add my voice to underscore the negative reviews of this awful product. I guess the designers that got D's had to get a job somewhere, and this is one of the results of their labors. It is ironic that this product is advertised as "no spill" when the design actually encourages more spillage than an old fashioned gas can. The added bonus is that instead of spilling on the ground, you get to spill on your hand and the ground.

To be fair, it appears from shopping at my local home center that there are alternatives to this "design." Blitz has a workable model which employs a lever that allows your thumb to control the opening and shut-off of the outflow valve. There are other designs available at Amazon and elsewhere. Basically, for small equipment (lawnmowers, chainsaws) you want to be able to ease fuel into the tank with care. This design does not allow for that. Other cans allow for you to hold the can in one hand, and then regulate the flow of fuel with the other. Now that works fine.

My advice: avoid any gas can design that requires you to press the can against the tank in order to dispense fuel. Might work fine for a car, but for small equipment it is absolutely unworkable. And stupid. I'd give this product no stars if I could.

1.0 out of 5 stars Auto-Shut-Off Doesn't Work, Not At All !, February 17, 2010
This review is from: Briggs & Stratton 85023 2+ Gallon Gas Can (Lawn & Patio)
The title of this review says it all. I have an older Briggs and Stratton 2.5 gallon auto-shut-off gas can that cost about the same as this disaster, but it works just fine. It has the Briggs and Stratton name molded into the side of the can, whereas this new can merely has a paper label glued onto the can with a molded-on name of "Plastics Group". Don't buy this impostor.

This thing "cocks", then when pressed hard into your receiving tank begins to flow. If you let up on the pressure, the flow stops. But, the flow does not automatically stop when your receiving tank or receptacle is full, which is what I would call "auto-shut-off".

My older gas can automatically stops before overflowing.

The Amazon system required me to give this new can one-star, but that is not really deserved.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY, May 18, 2010
This review is from: Briggs & Stratton 85023 2+ Gallon Gas Can (Lawn & Patio)
Briggs and Stratton reinvented the wheel with a square. There is nothing good I can say about this gas can and I cannot say enough bad things about this gas can. The spout is a piece of crap. It will take you 15 minutes to figure out how to get gas to come out, and when you do, it dispenses at a rate of about 1 gallon every 10 seconds (NO LIE!). This is great, except it leaks everywhere and dispenses most of it on your hand.

This seems like a great idea, BUT a regular gas can works perfectly fine. Save time, money, and frustration...DO NOT BUY THIS. I am thankful I bought this at a local retailer and I swiftly returned this gas can. This product is so worthless I felt obligated to post a review on Amazon.

1.0 out of 5 stars Extra Cap Causes Confusion, June 28, 2010
This review is from: Briggs & Stratton 85023 2+ Gallon Gas Can (Lawn & Patio)
Thanks to all of you who reviewed this gas can. It seems that Briggs & Stratton is at fault for their incomplete usage instructions. The can comes with an extra cap that is fitted against the spout and is probably for safety purposes during transportation. THIS EXTRA CAP MUST BE REMOVED BEFORE THE SPOUT WILL FUNCTION PROPERLY. This is me talking, but I believe it to be true. Nowhere does Briggs & Stratton say a word about removing this cap, but the spout cannot function with it in place. What to do with it when you're using the can to dispense gasoline so it doesn't get lost or whatever is another issue. The can and spout seem to work.......takes two hands to engage the valve release, but then the gas comes out at a fairly good rate. (You don't have to keep holding the valve control.) My one star review is for a product that works but has the poorest directions for use I can imagine.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hard to use - leaks when pouring, bad bad product, August 2, 2010
This review is from: Briggs & Stratton 85023 2+ Gallon Gas Can (Lawn & Patio)
Terrible product. As noted in other reviews - no instructions about removing the "extra" cap...which we finally figured out we had to do. Hard to control the flow for lawn mowers, chain saws, etc...terrible to have to press down on the nozzle to get it to work. In addition it LEAKS around the connection between the upper nozzle and where it contracts to allow fuel to flow. I've spilled/leaked more gasoline with the horrible can than in my entire life...I am very careful but this is an impossibly terrible product !!

2.0 out of 5 stars Way to expensive, September 25, 2009
This review is from: Briggs & Stratton 85023 2+ Gallon Gas Can (Lawn & Patio)
I really don't know why I bought the can. There is nothing wrong with the can, it's the spout you're paying for. For what I paid for it I could have bought two five gal. cans. I don't need the high priced spout. I will make sure that I go for a five gal. next time with a cheap spout. D.L.G.

3.0 out of 5 stars just OK, May 24, 2010
This review is from: Briggs & Stratton 85023 2+ Gallon Gas Can (Lawn & Patio)
I am not sure if I dont know how to use it or if the system is complicated. Didnt have a very good experience using this.

Briggs & Stratton 85023 2+ Gallon Gas Can