Briggs & Stratton Intek Vertical OHV Engine with Electric Start - 540cc, 1in. x 3 5/32in. Shaft, Model# 331977-0001-G1
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Advanced debris management system with dual-sealing cartridge-style air filter for maximum protection and extended engine life
- AVS antivibration system eliminates side-to-side motion of a traditional counter and rotating balance system
- Easy-to-use automotive-style dipstick
- Dura-Bore cast iron cylinder sleeve stands up to wear and abuse while providing improved oil control
- Dura-Lube gear-driven splash lubrication system continuously supplies oil to all internal parts
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
New motor arrived is just 3 days. Emails were answered quickly by Equipatron. 4 Bolts lines up perfectly (self-tapping.) Swapped the 6-pin electrical connector (exact fit,) the throttle cable (exact fit,) the wire to the starter (exact fit,) the gas line (exact fit,) and the connection off the motor shaft to the PTO (exact fit.) The only thing that was not exact was the muffler but it was a non-event -- removed the old muffler from the tractor body and just used the muffler that's already attached to this motor. Only tough part was breaking lose the 4 bolts holding the engine and the one on the shaft. A WD40 soak and a breaker bar did the trick.
Added oil and gas, cranked it and away it went. New life for the tractor.
This was a perfect replacement for my craftsman lawn tractor.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Well, I'll Start By saying I bought this 21 HP Vertical shaft engine as a replacement for My 2006 John Deere riding tractor. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Scott Weygand
Ok for most of summer, but hard starting. Took to authorized dealer. He took it apart and said the internal compression release was broken. Cost $275 with labor. Read morePublished 7 months ago by alan marshall
Was a direct replacement in my Craftsman tractor. Do need to tap threads in mounting holes which is not a big deal and switch mufflers. Read morePublished 10 months ago by WI bob
Great buy for money...replaced 17.5 horsepower engine in my troybuilt pony the only bad thing was the hood bracket did not allow use of side mounted muffler had to use... Read morePublished 12 months ago by Randall C.
I read a bulletin from Briggs and Stratton.....One sets the Governor speed 200-400 rpm lower than MAX RPM......Hope this helps people like me.... Read morePublished 12 months ago by Soundsailor