Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: B.E.D. (6 Pack) AA / AAA Fluorescent Orange 4 Cell Battery Case with Charge Reminder Markings
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on June 1, 2010
Original review, June 1, 2010:

I bought a five-pack of these for tucking away AA and AAA batteries in my camera case. There really isn't much to say about them. They work well enough and are constructed of what seems to be good quality plastic. My only complaint is that the latching mechanism isn't much of a mechanism at all. It's just a little eyelet that bends down to slide over a small tab. This securely locks the container, but the construction of the eyelets and the tabs themselves concerns me. They're fairly thin, and I worry that with constant opening and closing, the bending back and forth of the eyelet could cause it to break off. A more modern clicking clasp would have been more appropriate I think--or a reduction in price. These look like they should cost about $0.25 each. I can't knock either the seller or the product for that, though, as there really aren't any other cheaper options than these.

Overall it's a good product that could be better (or cheaper).

Update March 30, 2011:

It's been almost a year, and these little guys are still going strong. I've upped the rating to five stars. The locking tabs are still pretty flimsy, but they've shown no signs of degradation beyond their original flimsiness. Of course, they still can't take much abuse. If you step on one, it's toast. But for regular use, these things are pretty brilliant. I've been using them in my camera bag, where they fit perfectly into any pocket or compartment. And since these things are so cheap, even though it's only been a year, I'd definitely say I'm at the point of having gotten my money's worth.

Also, I wanted to point out a little trick I've learned. I use these to help manage dead and charged batteries without using any special inserts or anything. I do this by using the little markers on the underside of the case. When a battery is charged, I insert it in the proper orientation, so the positive end of the battery faces the same direction as the positive end of the symbol. When a battery is dead, I reverse it. This makes it very easy to identify which batteries in my bag need to be charged.

I'm definitely happy with this purchase. I will be buying more for use around the house.

Update October 27, 2014:

Yep, 4 years later and these cases are still going strong. I have to admit I don't use them nearly as much now as I did a few years ago, but still, not a single one of mine has broken. Considering I own about fifteen of these things, I think it's safe for me to call them a good buy.
33 comments|107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 11, 2011
I decided to switch a number of my applications from normal AA & AAA alkaline "disposable" batteries to the newer Eneloop LSD (Low Self Discharge) rechargeable batteries. When traveling with my camera, for instance, it would be good to have an easy way of telling which cells are fully charged and which are depleted and need charging. I saw these cases and thought "wow, a ready-made solution", so I ordered a 5 pack. Shipping was fast and I got them in a few days. I like the fact that the price is a little high and includes shipping instead of what most vendors do: sell for a cheaper price and then charge an outrageous shipping fee - often more than the cases themselves.

When I received them, I loaded my charged batteries in them. They worked great. The clasps, which didn't seem that good, actually worked well (I cut off the round "tongue" with the hole for hanging in a retail display). They hold 4 AA batteries or 4 AAA batteries but not in combination, i.e., they will not hold 2 AA and 2AAA batteries. I thought that was a clever design so I ordered another set.

On the way to put the loaded cases on my battery shelf, I dropped one my garage floor, the case sprung open and the batteries spilled out. I found that the piece of the locking latch with the rectangular hole had broken off. I now only have 4 working cases and this confirmed my earlier suspicion that these are made from the wrong plastic material. It's too brittle and I expect more failures (without dropping them). These should be made from something like polyethylene (I think) like most other small free battery cases that come with many battery sets and/or cameras.

Then I read another review on these cases and someone commented that these cases are thicker than they should be because there are other cases that are only as thick as the AA batteries and hold the AAA batteries (without rattling around) crosswise between the AA dividers. My freebie AA case that came with my camera won't do that but I got to thinking that's true. So now I'll have 9 of these orange cases with the possibility of them all breaking because of the plastic they're made from and will probably look for the thinner cases...

And on further reflection, why is it so cool to have a case that can hold either AA or AAA batteries (but not in combination)? I have a known quantity of AA batteries and a known quantity of AAA batteries - why not just have as many (dedicated) cases for each? I guess if I was going on the cheap, I could have fewer cases and load them with the ones I need at the time...

Okay, in summary, 3 stars for being a brittle plastic and being thicker than necessary.

Updated 8/4/11 - To the seller's credit, within a few days of posting this review, I received 3 new battery cases at no charge along with a nice note from the seller - apparently because of the one I dropped and broke. Quick and courteous action on their part! Chalk up one for great customer service; they apparently read the reviews and take them seriously. Unfortunately upon opening the envelope they were sent in, the side of one of of the cases was broken off and lying loose in the envelope. Like I said earlier, wrong (brittle) plastic.
22 comments|58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 6, 2015
Keeps multiple sets of AA and AAA batteries organized well. Allows me to see what sets need to be charged and what sets are ready to go at a glance. The latch on these cases is poorly constructed and all were broken after a few months of use. All 6 of the cases I ordered 24-months ago now require a rubber band to stay closed. Would potentially buy this again if I can't find a more durable option, but I don't feel that its a particularly great value for the price.
review image review image
on April 15, 2011
I really liked these cases for about 2 months. Then they started cracking. Half of the cases I purchased at the end of January have cracks now in the middle of April. They have not gotten much use either. They have mainly been sitting in my camera bag with each being opened less than 5 times.
on April 23, 2010
These are not as thin of plastic as I was thinking they would be. They neatly stack up in my camera case, and like a prior poster I also cut off the "hanging loop". I intend to order more. A simple solution to one of my pet peeves.
on August 30, 2010
Like many folks, I have an ever growing collection of LSD batteries (Eneloop's) and high output batteries (Yuasa 4-Pack of AA Ni-MH Rechargeable Batteries (2700mAh) and Powerex AA 2700mAh NiMH Rechargeable Batteries w/holder- 4 Batteries Per Pack) that are used for everything from Wii and TV remotes, to camera flashes, flashlights and pumps like the Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breast Pump with Shoulder Bag, so I am constantly charging batteries. These little cases are great, this way I can keep my charged batteries stored ready for their next use. The AA's fit perfectly and the little locking tab (not overly clear in the pictures here) does a great job keeping the batteries in the case when they are bouncing around in bags. Great product, I can recommend if you're looking to keep things a little more organized.
on December 26, 2014
Let me start by saying that I have designed plastic molds and plastic molded parts in my career. This product defines bad quality. All arrived damaged. Some of the damage is on internal features and looks like it was done while the plastic was still hot so I believe they are manufacturing defects. None of the damage looks like it was done in shipment to me so I suspect it was either done in shipment to the distributor or at the manufacturing facility. These were packaged in a plastic bag so they receive no protection in handling (but when Amazon shipped them to me, the bag was placed in an outside cardboard box that provided protection).

The underlying problem is that these are made from too hard of a plastic. It cracks easily. Its the wrong plastic for a self-hinging part. They had to make the hinges really thin to even get it to hinge and I'm sure the hinges won't last long. Some of the latches were already starting to break off when they arrived.
on March 22, 2010
I like the ability to store AA's or AAA's in the same case, with dividers for both sizes, so they don't move around if you have 1-3 batteries in the case. I did not remove the extra hanging tab, just slide it through, and use it as extra plastic to keep the closure secure. Nice for keeping the batteries from shorting out and rolling around loose in your bag.
on May 25, 2013
The idea is great: Dividers on one side for 4 AA batteries and dividers on the other side for 4 AAA batteries (one or the other at a time ... cannot hold both). They also have labels for orienting batteries: fully charged batteries in one direction and low batteries in another.
HOWEVER: They're poorly made and designed. Most of the hasps and catches don't work straight out of the box and the rest start to fail after a few uses. The plastic could be a bit thicker, stronger and more flexible and durable.
I'll keep them, until I find something better, but have added a Ziploc full of rubber bands to my battery pouch.
on March 16, 2016
Although I hate using cliches, in this instance one does apply to this product:

It is what it is.

Simply put, this is a plastic case that folds like a book to secure four batteries that rest in shallow ridges molded within. What I didn't realize (or read close enough to know) is the case can hold either AA batteries OR AAA batteries. The previously mentioned shallow ridges fit AA on one half and AAA (molded perpendicularly) on the other half of the shell. You cannot hold both at the same time.

I don't ask much of this case. I simply want it to keep my rechargeable batteries in some kind of order and not just in a pile in my camera case.

There is also text printed on the exterior that helps determine at a glance through the semi-opaque surface if the batteries are "charged" or "low" (the instructions- such as they are- ask you to position the "+" end of the battery under the word that applies). Knowing me, I won't use this (I just moved used batteries to a certain pocket in my camera case for later recharging) but it was a nice touch for those who will.

The quality is acceptable, the case latches securely and now my batteries won't be dumped into the camera case by the handful.

My needs, while specific, were simple and few. This set of battery cases satisfies those needs. I would recommend purchasing this product if your needs are similar to mine.

See 1 answered question