Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on January 26, 2008
I bought this for my son when he was 5 months old. It was relatively easy to put together, and he loves the toys and loves running around the base. At first, his feet barely touched the floor while sitting in it, and he could barely get around the base. Now that he's 6 1/2 months old, he's running around the base. He's not a big kid ... average for his height and below average for weight. He weighs 14 lbs. He's skinny and wiry. Now when I put him in the seat he's dragging the whole unit across my floor. I thought it would be heavy enough to stay put. Even when I put the lock on the seat, he's able to drag it around the room. The rubber bumpers don't help. He pulls it across my tiled kitchen floor as well as my living room rug. If I want to continue using this, I'll need to figure out a way to weigh it down. The column is hollow, so I may try taking it apart and putting something heavy inside. Other than that, I like the idea of this product and the toys are great.
66 comments|72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 25, 2007
I bought this for my very active daughter when she was 6 months old. For the first time, she finally entertained herself longer than 5 minutes. When I first put her in it, she was so delighted to be able to "walk" she just walked in circles for 10 minutes straight. Then she discovered the toys and played even longer. The second time we put her in it, my husband and I were eating dinner at the same time together--for the first time in months--and he looked at me and said "I would pay $5,000 for that thing." Now, at 12 months, she still loves this toy, without the seat, as an activity center. I have had no problems with it tipping over--I can't say anything negative about this product. I would recommend it to anyone as a life saver.
33 comments|54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 11, 2009
My 6 month old is playing in his activity go round right now. He loves it. His favorites seem to be the piano and the little spinning dolphin. This must be a newer version, because there are no strings w/ fish attached, like I've read on other reviews, so the makers must have realized the hazard and removed it. We haven't had any problems with it yet at all. It took my son a few days to realize that he can walk around it, but now he does it like a champ. Lot's of fun, and I would recommend it over the excersaucer simply because when he outgrows one function of it, we can just remove the seat and he still has an activity table. My only complaint is against Amazon. When I ordered it, it was at full price. The next day it went on sale, 25% off (or almost $20 less). I called to see if I could get the sale price (I hadn't even received the item yet!) and they would not do it. So rude! Anyway, what I did was ordered it again at the sale price, and refused the first shipment, sent it back to them. They credited my account for the first purchase, and I just had to wait an extra 2 days to get the next shipment. I dont get their new policy, but whatever, I still got the discount in the end, just took a little longer. To sum it up, yes, I'm very happy with the product, and my baby loves it!
on August 16, 2007
I highly recommend this product! It provides lots of entertainment for a baby even
as young as 5 months, which is when I first rcv'd this as a gift. It has been the
best gift ever. My baby loves to "walk" around and around in the seat and now at 7 1/2
months he has started running around in circles. He loves all the toys and chews on
them as well, which are great for teething. The toys are also interchangeable
and if he/she should get bored, you can purchase new ones and keep it new.
The piano on this toy is also fabulous. This is a great purchase whether it's for your
own baby or as a gift. Thumbs up on this one!
on February 22, 2008
Brought this product due to the great reviews. I was able to setup this activity center under 30mins. There were some unclear instructions but can be figured out with some common sense. I love the idea of this product but quality could be better.

Pros:
1.The seat turns 360 around the column and the child is able to turn left and right so they can reach out to you if you are behind them.
2.The piano was quite the entertainer with lights and music.
3.All the toys were fun to play with, except the aquarium piece didnt work too well. when you push on one side it would squeak while the other button should move the fishes but neither work too well.

Cons:
1.The quality of the column was weak, DO NOT screw too tightly or else the screw would just go thru the other side and not hold.
2.The paint quality of the toys were horrible... makes me worry about paint falling off if toddler bites or suck on it.
3.The adhesives to the stickers on the piano are a bit loose but can be fixed if you press on it.
4.The seat is a bite wide, which cause my child to feel a bit unsecure when moving around. Child is average weight.

Overall this product would be return since dear child refuses to sit in it.
on September 4, 2007
I wanted to buy a walker but was concerned about their safety. I saw this product as being the next best thing. My daughter is safely able to walk around minus the danger. From the first time I put her in it it held her attention. She especially loves the piano which plays a variety of music. I am impressed that the variety of toys should please infants at varying stages. I also like the fact that you can detach the seat from the table to provide amusement for a toddler. This was definitely money well spent. I think we will be able to get use out of this toy for a few years.
on December 17, 2009
At first my twin daughters enjoyed this enter esp. walking around part. One day I discovered my girls had scraped some paint off the toys with their teeth. I didn't know the toys were even painted until then or I would not have allowed this toy in my home at all! Thought it was colore dplastic integrated into the toy like many other activity centers. I don't care if the paint is "safe" - who wants their tiny baby to ingest paint and why would a baby toy be painted. BOO hiss to Bright starts for this terrible design, like we parents don't have enough worries in raising babies in a safe environment.
on March 1, 2007
I have used this since my daughter was little, little. Mine has slightly different toys then the ones pictured. At first, she sat in it and looked around then before I knew it she was running around in circles! I wanted a walker but was afraid of her getting hurt. This is a walker within itself - so no need to worry about stairs - the child can spin around in the seat and the seat spins around the base. My daughter is 15 months now and still uses this. We removed the seat as soon as she was standing & mobile and now it works as an activity table. I put her afternoon snack and drink in the snack tray and she goes right over to get it. The piano has so many different options and she still loves the songs (I like them too!) She will stand beside the table and dance. It is a larger sized entertainment center but well worth the space and once the seat is gone it's really not bad! The price may seem like a lot at first but the extra few dollars you spend are worth the investment.
on May 8, 2007
We were determined not to do as many family/friends have and make our home overwhelmed with WAY too many baby activity toys and clutter. Not only is it yucky for the adults, but we feel that it can truly overwhelm babies. Really, there are even highchairs that play music now!!! There is something to be said for an open-space to really enjoy a few toys that are easily put up and pull out different ones the next day. Okay, I'll get off my soap-box now...but we really have researched every toy and gone for quality instead of quantity. The Around We Go is a home-run!!! Our son just turned 1 (and taking a few steps now) and we just took off the attached chair. He never tires of any of the table toys and we are thrilled with how clever they all are. The music is wonderful too. We opted for this in place of an exersaucer. We also did a jumperoo and it has been a great experience. So many of my friends have asked were I got the Around We Go. We are so glad we came across it!!!
on May 31, 2009
If you look closely you will see there are two kinds of these centers made: one with the pat mat fish and one with the magnetic drawing board. I wanted the one with the magnetic drawing board(the one spoken about in the description and demonstrated in the in the interactive demonstration). I think that one would have given me more bang for my buck because it is more interactive than just patting fish. So I was a bit disappointed when I realised that wasnt the one I got. I got the one with the pat mat, and the pat mat didnt even work properly. The fish just stay in one corner and never move when pressed. I sent it back for a refund.
So it would have been nice to know which one they were sending me or they should be more clear about the distinction between the two so people would make a more informed choice. I would have exchanged it for the one with the drawing board but go figure, they werent making anymore of that one at the time. I'll keep checking back at the product website because its a great product/design. Hopefully they have the one I want before she gets too old for it.