Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Bright Starts Clack and Slide Activity Ball
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Size: Dimensions: 6" x 6" x 6"|Change

on July 30, 2012
Pros:
- My 9-month-old still plays with it at least briefly every day.
- He loves the spinning ball at one end.
- A good variety of shapes to spin and chew on.

Cons:
- The ribbed rings are not in contrasting colors, as pictured.
- The paint on the caterpillar's body has begun to chip/scrape off.
- My baby has never been able to make the squeaker at one end squeak, and doesn't seem amused by the squeaky sound that it makes. (He loves every other squeaker out there.)
- He's never seemed overly interested in this toy.

Update: At 10 months, my baby is not interested in this toy any longer.
33 comments|76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 13, 2013
I was looking for a toy that is not a teether, a rattle or a teddy bear, that my 3-month old baby girl would be able to use on her own at her young age. After looking around I decided to give this activity ball a try. Well, I was so right to do so! She immediately started grasping, shaking and putting this toy in her mouth, and a few days later she started pushing the frog up and down and trying to make the ball on top turn. Simply amazing! The ball offers lots of amusement for baby without the hassle of electronics, loud noises and annoying songs. She just didn't want to put it down and actually held on to it even when I was taking her to her room for a nap.

She stopped playing with it around the time she got 10 months old, but hey, that's a toy for young babies, not toddlers, so I don't agree with reviewers who complain about the short life time of it, especially when I think how much it was loved and used for these months! And even if it is not used anymore, it is still in such a good shape that her siblings will be able to use it, too. And for sure, they'll love it!
on July 23, 2012
Love this toy. My 6 month old daughter will play with this while she is laying down, sitting up, or in her chair. It is easy for her to grab & swing around, the colors are very vibrant to attract her interest, & there is plenty to do & enough different sounds that happen (when is playing with it) to make her want to keep checking it out. Very impressed. :)
on November 9, 2012
I bought this when my daughter was just about 5 months old (she's almost 7 months now) and it has been one of her favorites since then. It's not a true sphere more of an oblong shape so I wouldn't get it if your looking for a ball to roll on the floor. It's made up of several curved plastic rods surrounding a straight central rod. The top has a red squeaky button that my daughter loves to hear and the bottom has a spinny clear and red plastic ball with bbeads inside. The central rod has a green plastic frog that can be made to jump up and down. Each of the outer rods have lots of different bright colors and textures. One has differently shaped beads on it that can be slid up and down and another has a square blue spinning mirror. There are just so many different activities packed into this little inexpensive toy and it's very lightweight and easy to take with you when you travel. It definitely keeps my baby busy and the best part is their are no batteries, flashing lights and loud music.
on July 28, 2013
Our granddaughter is 8 months old and loves this toy! She spends a lot of time with it and loves the end that "beeps". She talks to the little figures and seems to enjoy her time with it.
on September 3, 2015
I do LIKE this toy and my daughter will play with it occasionally but...it's pretty generic. It's just another plastic baby toy with little shapes and pieces that move around. There's nothing special or unusual about the activity ball that sets this toy apart and really engages my 7 month old or catches her attention. I think the mirror aspect of it was a good idea, but the little "mirror" is so small that a baby can't really see any sort of reflection in it. I would recommend buying the "Vtech Busy Learners Activity Cube" instead of this. It is similar in concept, but much more engaging!
on August 7, 2012
My son LOVES to slide things and spin them so I thought he would LOVE this ball. I purchased it to put in his Easter basket when he was 12 months old. I honestly think that I missed the optimal window for this. He plays with it occasionally but doesn't love it like I thought he would.

My recommendation is to purchase this for a younger baby...they will LOVE it! It does have a lot to do and is very durable.
on May 12, 2016
My little guy LOVES this activity ball. His favorite feature is easily the mirror or the ball on top containing the little beads that spins. The spindles are easy for his little hands to grasp and safe for him to chew on as he has started teething. He loves moving the beads up and down the spindles and looking at all of the bright colors. The package recommendation says 6+ months, but our little guy has been enjoying this toy since about three months of age. Its the perfect size to toss in the diaper bag too so that he can play with it in the car or at the sitter's house.
This made a great addition to his first ever Easter basket.
review image
on January 23, 2014
Grandbabies just love this, one is 7 month and the other just turned 8 months and they both are fascinated by this toy! Lightweight so easy for them to hold and also moves easily for crawling practice. Each side has something different so keeps them busy!
on December 30, 2013
I bought this ball for my little one.. she loves it. the strands make it easy for her to hold and different pieces help in fine motor movement skills. She has been using it for 2 months now and she still enjoys it.