5.0 out of 5 stars The best blocks - look no further
Published on May 21, 2011 by E. Cannaday

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware of the trim!
My daughter loves the blocks and I did too. That is, until the day I noticed my daughter's mouth was bleeding! At the cut end of the trim, 3 of the 4 blocks have sharp edges. It seems that they way they fused the material together (melting it or something) resulted in hard, sharp edges. Buyer beware!
Published on July 15, 2012 by EJBMommy

5.0 out of 5 stars The best blocks - look no further, May 21, 2011
This review is from: Bright Starts Grab and Stack Blocks (Baby Product)
I just spent a ridiculous amount of time reading soft-block reviews on here and testing some out in stores. These are half the price of most others, easily the best looking, and have krinkles, jingles, tags, and other 3d things sewn on. My 5.5 month old loves them. Why would anyone pay 2-5x more than this for soft blocks? I got at Target but this (Amazon) is the best price. Almost forgot! These, like so many baby items, say surface clean only but came out of the wash perfect. So do the Lamaze toys.

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware of the trim!, July 15, 2012

2.0 out of 5 stars Funny Taste, September 19, 2011
LoveMyG (Suffolk, VA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bright Starts Grab and Stack Blocks (Baby Product)
I actually love these blocks for the most part, but every time my son puts the edges in his mouth he spits it out and makes a face, so I stuck my tongue to it and it has a horrible chemical taste to it! Did the same to the middle of the block and it was fine. If it wasn't for the taste, I would have gone for five stars, but the chemical taste makes me wonder.

1.0 out of 5 stars Edges have horrible chemical taste, September 2, 2013
This review is from: Bright Starts Grab and Stack Blocks (Baby Product)
I should have listened to the 1 negative recent review. The instructions say to wash with a damp cloth and soap before use. I did so and put my mouth on the material just to make sure all the soap was gone and the stitches around the edges of these blocks have the most terrible chemical taste, which was not the soap I used (as I licked some of the blocks I hadn't cleaned yet). It appears that an adhesive is used to keep the material together which is the likely culprit. These blocks are therefore not safe for a baby under 1 year (i.e., a baby that places everything in their mouths). I am very alarmed they are selling these for babies that put everything in their mouths. I've filed a report with the CPSC and will contact the manufacturer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cute and better than I had hoped, April 12, 2012
This review is from: Bright Starts Grab and Stack Blocks (Baby Product)
I was looking for blocks that could be used for stacking, something educational and of course fun!

What I got that I didn't anticipate is that I enjoyed shaking them, too! HEY I'M A NEW GRANDPA! I'M ALLOWED!

You'll find the sewing to be top notch and solid assembly. Of course, you'll want to check these often to make sure nothing can break off and be a choking hazard but I doubt it will... until my grandson gets teeth and uses them to rip the fabric. (groan)

What I didn't count on that is a real joy is that the bell that is on the inside is actually soothing - no loud CLANG or anything like that, just a gentle ring.

I think you'll find this is a very good pick!

1.0 out of 5 stars Chemical taste, August 4, 2013
This review is from: Bright Starts Grab and Stack Blocks (Baby Product)
The edges have chemical taste. I tried to wash and it seems to go away but my son starts crying each time when he sees them...

5.0 out of 5 stars Daughter loves these, November 29, 2011
LadyHawk (Savannah, Georgia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bright Starts Grab and Stack Blocks (Baby Product)
I got these blocks when my daughter was 5 months old and she loved them right away. She is now 9 months and she still loves them. She seems to like the crinkly blocks better than the rattly/jingly blocks, but they all have something different that attracts her to each of them. I wish there were more than just 4 of these blocks! We always bring at least one block with us when we go out in the car. Washing machine has yet to destroy them, I just put them in a mesh bag on the gentle cycle.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, poor quality control, January 11, 2012
This review is from: Bright Starts Grab and Stack Blocks (Baby Product)
The idea behind these blocks is great. They're brightly colored, have little tags on the sides for little hands to crab, they crinkle, etc. They would be great if they weren't so poorly made!! Mine arrived with two blocks much smaller than the others, and squished in a way that they aren't even square blocks!! Needless to say, with two of the four "blocks" so misshapen, keeping them stacked up is difficult. Also, the sewing on some of the blocks seems very sloppy. If only these were made better, they'd be great.

2.0 out of 5 stars I agree with the other 2 Star reviews, January 28, 2012
This review is from: Bright Starts Grab and Stack Blocks (Baby Product)
"Funny Taste" and "Great Idea, Poor Quality Control" are both spot on with their reviews. You can't help but to not taste something when it's for your baby and someone says there's a funny taste. Like with new baby clothes, this toy requires a washing before the baby can play with it. Out of the 4 blocks, 1 did not come in the shape of a block. The sides on that one "block" are shorter than the others. The positive comments are also spot on "brightly colored, have little tags on the sides for little hands to grab, they crinkle, etc." At $8 before shipping, there's enough profit for better quality control. Clearly, the people at Bright Starts are not thinking from a parents perspective. I won't buy another of their products.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy!, December 17, 2012
This review is from: Bright Starts Grab and Stack Blocks (Baby Product)
I did some research prior buying these cubes. Wanted something educational, yet fun and easy. Our daughter is 6 months old and she loved them right from the start. She still plays only with one at a time, I am the only one stacking them for fun for now :)
It states not to wash them in the washing machine, but I wanted them clean before giving them to my girl, so I put them in a pillow cover and put them on gentle cycle. Everything came out fine.
Two cubes have sounds (different bell like sounds) and two cubes are rustling. 4 cubes are more then enough. Great purchase for us!

Bright Starts Grab and Stack Blocks