5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps kiddo entertained
Colors are bright, the frog plays music, and everything can spin in circles on the bar. It doesn't make every car ride calm and quite, but it does a great job to help. I'd highly recommend this product or something similar.
Published on July 26, 2011 by A. J.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good idea, but not very functional for me...
Published on December 4, 2008 by M. Barton

3.0 out of 5 stars Good idea, but not very functional for me..., December 4, 2008
This review is from: Bright Starts Hop Along Carrier Toy Bar - Neutral (Baby Product)
I wanted to get my little one a toy bar for our infant carseat/carrier. This one looked great! I bought it, and it fits easily on the carrier. The problem is...when you strap it on where it's supposed to go, it's too high on the carrier handle for the baby to see. If you lower it so the baby can see it, then it's so close to his face, it looks like it will hit him. I'm not pleased with this one...still looking for something that will work for us!

1.0 out of 5 stars designer is a moron, March 7, 2012
I would really like this toy bar if it weren't for the fact that it takes 3 watch batteries to run on. Really? THREE WATCH batteries?! What were they thinking? It costs more to buy the batteries than the toy bar itself. Ridiculous.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's good, BUT, April 27, 2011
Just an FYI - the music only lasts 10-15 seconds at a time. So if you are looking for a toy to play longer that YOU don't have to keep pushing, try a different toy bar. It might be better for older babies that can press the music for themselves.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Toy, but Batteries Expensive, September 15, 2011
We had one of these for our first child, and he loved it. It lasted a really long time before it died, but once it finally did die, the batteries inside are multiple little watch batteries. (I think 3, but maybe 4). The batteries cost 15 bucks total to replace, which is more than the toy initially costs. I just bought a whole new toy, instead because it was one thing that always entertained our little boy.

The only reason I consider this a problem, is because companies are always updated their styles/colors every 6-9 months, and the one they changed it to by the time his batteries died, looked cheaper, flimsier, and had different toys on either side of the frog. And he didn't like the new model as much as the first that he had.

If you find that your child really likes this toy bar, I'd recommend going back to the store, or ordering another one soon after you discover you kid likes it, before the company down-grades the toy. Because the batteries cost more than the toy to replace.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps kiddo entertained, July 26, 2011
A. J. (Roswell, GA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for my son, January 17, 2011
My son, now 8 months old, has LOVED this. We've had to replace the batteries because he's used it so much. It has been great for us on many long road trips. We have a Graco Snugride, and it attaches great. As he has gotten bigger, it is a little close to his face, but it has gotten lots of use.

3.0 out of 5 stars Batteries cost more than product, December 18, 2010
greygurl (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
My baby loved this by 3mos. We attached it to his Maclaren rocker (which isn't that great and is another review), and although he kept kicking the Maclaren rocker bar off playing with the activity bar, I think that was part of the fun for him. At 6 mos, he still plays with it sometimes, but it's not as exciting now.

There aren't many places to attach this for us. The bar on the carseat doesn't move fwd enough, so it's impossible to attach it to our carseat.

The major CON is that it takes 3 medical/hearing aid/watch batteries. The 3 of them cost more than this toy, so if you love it, just buy a brand new toy and you'll save over $5.

4.0 out of 5 stars My 3-4 month old's favorite toy!, May 9, 2009
My mother purchased this item as a gift for my son, then 12 weeks. He is 16 weeks now and still loves the toy, especially the frog, which plays music and has cheeks that light up. I gave it 4 stars, not 5, because I don't think the toy bar fits well on the car seat handle (Graco Snugride)as intended. I did put it on the Snap-n-Go frame and he could reach it with his feet. We now have it attached to our regular stroller (Bugaboo Cameleon) and my son loves it! He doesn't like being in the stroller much, but this toy bar keeps him occupied. We bought a second as back-up. Highly recommended!

1.0 out of 5 stars This is cool, if you like your toys 1/2" from your eyeballs., December 5, 2011
Amazon Customer (Northwest Indiana) - See all my reviews
My son will play with this if I lay it on the floor during tummy time, but it was WAY Too close to his face in the infant carrier. I couldn't see leaving it on when there was no possible way for him to actively play with it. Good thing it was a hand me down...

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby LOVES this!!, November 19, 2011
We got this as a gift, and our son just loves this thing! He loves the music and silly sounds, and that it lights up. (be careful, you will start to hum this tune everywhere!) It makes him smile and giggle all the time, which makes us smile! It even ran out of batteries at one point and he still enjoyed playing with the toy. People complain about how expensive the batteries are, but I bought a 10 pack on Amazon for $2.44 with free shipping! A great deal! Here is the link: MAXELL LR44 10 BATTERIES We love this toy!! Would definitely recommend! It's not too close to him with our car seat like some people have complained about... so I'm not sure if it just depends on what type of car seat you have. Overall, we are very happy with it!

Rate and Discover Movies