5.0 out of 5 stars 1st Rattle my baby could hold
This is the best rattle. It has little rungs for little hands to grasp. It was the first rattle she could get a grip on. A lot of our other rattles are too big. She gets a hold and shakes, shakes, shakes. Lots of fun.
Published on August 5, 2010 by Amanda L. Seats

1.0 out of 5 stars More Crap imported from China
Made in China, not dishwasher safe...no thanks! My baby never had a chance to see it for these reasons...Returned with haste & distaste!!
Published 14 months ago by Rebecca

5.0 out of 5 stars 1st Rattle my baby could hold, August 5, 2010
This review is from: Bright Starts Rattle and Shake Barbell Rattle (Baby Product)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best baby rattle, December 12, 2008
This is the best rattle. It's small, lightweight, great bright colors, easy for the smallest hands to grab and not overly loud. One end is a clear globe, the other is mirrored inside which catches the light and give s abit of added visual interest. I am horrified to see it listed for twenty bucks though as they are a dollar at Wally World!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, July 4, 2010
Deztani (Warner Robins, Georgia United States) - See all my reviews
My son is 8 months old. My mother and mother-in-law have rattles just like this and when I saw how much he liked playing with them I just had to get one. It's great to give to him while I change his diaper or something like that, it keeps him from trying to roll over and escape.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great rattle for little hands!, December 15, 2010
I had been looking at this toy in our supermarket for a while - I was going to get it as a 'stocking stuffer' for my daughter who will be 6 months at Christmas. Well we were in our supermarket again the other day and I decided that she had enough new stuff to play with on Christmas and that I hadn't got her a new toy in a while. It was cheaper at the big-chain supermarket than it is here on Amazon, so a bargain!

I showed it to my baby and she got excited and wanted it - we paid for it, took it home and gave it to her then. She loves that it is easy to grab hold of and that it is light enough she can batter it off of her other toys! It makes a nice rattling noise, nothing harsh or too loud (apart from when it is being battered against a Jumperoo!!) but noisy enough that she keeps on shaking it enthusiastically. I offer her this toy when she is sat in her Jumperoo/highchair/laying on the floor and her eyes will light up and she reaches out and grabs it and proceeds to try and fit the rattles into her mouth - they are a bit too big for that, so this isn't really one of those toys which can be chewed on easily.

The toy seems well made (I was a little concerned with how violent she was being with it incase the plastic cases of the rattly balls broke and scattered the tiny balls everywhere - but I don't think that's going to happen! It's sturdy enough to stand up to an over-excited 6 month old!) it's bright and appealing for a young baby.

I would recommend this as a great little rattle for younger babies - as soon as they can really grab things - and I expect my daughter will be interested in this for a good while now. Nice, simple, noisy enough for baby but not loud enough to offend adult ears & SO easy for little hands to grab a hold and keep a hold, even if they decide to beat it off of everything in sight!

4.0 out of 5 stars Way less at Walmart, July 12, 2013
I love this for my baby but most important baby loves it.. But today I when to Walmart and they had the same toy for regular price for 2$ I was like omg. And I pay here 5.59 So save your 3.59 $ and buy your baby more stuff the more we save the more they can have :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby cant stop playing it!, March 6, 2012
My almost 9 month old baby shakes the rattle all the time. Although it's a bit dangerous when I hold him I might get hit and see stars but he definitely enjoys playing it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great baby rattle!, March 5, 2012
My triplets love this rattle! It is the perfect size for little hands with plenty of tactile stimulation to be interesting. The shakers are not too loud. This rattle has survived numerous drops and I have not had any problems with structural integrity. The colors are fun and visually stimulating for little eyes.

I highly recommend purchasing some links to attach the rattle to the stroller or car seat for some portable fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great First Rattle, December 7, 2010
This rattle has the best design. The "double helix" style connectors between the two balls are perfect for little hands to grasp. My son, who is now six months old, loves this rattle more than all others. When he was a newborn, just learning to fix his gaze on objects, he enjoyed following this rattle as I shook it in front of him. It was the first object that he could grasp firmly, and now he loves to pick it up, drop it, exchange it between hands, teethe on it, and -- of course - shake it himself.

As far as concerns over it being hard plastic, well -- hard plastic is just that -- hard. Know your kids and what they are and are not ready for. My son likes to shake all of his toys vigorously at this point, and while occasionally he'll bop himself in the face, he has never sustained any injury from doing so (if anything, he has an expression of surprise for a moment or two before resuming play). Moreover, I find this particular rattle to be safe as it has rounded edges and is fairly small, so he has a better command of it than some of his other toys, too. Also, it's very easy to wash clean with dish soap and warm water -- a bonus for parents.

1.0 out of 5 stars More Crap imported from China, November 26, 2013
Rebecca (Johnson City, TN United States) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect first rattle, May 20, 2010
I like this rattle most of all because the delicate handles are easily gripped by even the smallest hands. This is the first rattle my daughter had and she began really enjoying it at about two months. When she saw the little balls and reflective dome, her eyes got really wide. Ive seen it in two colors; the multi and the pink. I dont believe the image shown here for the multi is current, because its royal blue, not light turquoise as shown.

Overall, this rattle is a great price, great quality, not too loud, and easy for baby to grab onto. Im getting a second one now!

Bright Starts Rattle and Shake Barbell Rattle
$0.83
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.