Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on April 28, 2011
Product description:
This giraffe toy has four "feet" -- one plush black and white foot, one red plastic ring with smaller black and white rings on it, one red flat textured plastic, and one small round mirror with a black and white rim. The feet dangle from the plush body, the belly of which also has a black and white pattern. The head and body are plush, but the neck is floppy. A wide velcro-closed loop is attached to the head for attaching to other things.

Review:
I have a 6 month old son, and I'm beginning to notice the short timespan many toys are developmentally appropriate for babies. They just grow and learn so fast! This toy is an exception to that rule. We got this as a Christmas present when he was 2 months old, and at first, he mostly just liked to watch it as we dangled it above him. It caught his interest very well, though -- we would just hold it and twist it gently, and because the neck is floppy, the toys would just dangle and swing around -- worked like a charm at stopping a few fussy fits.

We then hung it from the bars of his activity mat, and he really loved batting at it -- the big black and white foot was the best (my husband called it the "hypno-foot" because of the black and white swirl and circle design -- and it hypnotized the baby.) Once he was old enough, he really liked grabbing onto the ring "foot". Now he is teething, and the red flat plastic foot and the mirror foot are great things to chew on. He has outgrown the activity mat somewhat, but likes playing with the giraffe while sitting or during tummy time. I have a feeling he hasn't found the end to it's uses yet!

Very few toys can hold the interest of a 2,3,4,5, and 6 month old (and likely beyond). The fact that this has a nice large velcro loop for attaching to things also means that you can attach it wherever without having to worry about using the plastic ring things -- it can wrap around a carrier handle or a crib rail just as well (which are hard to attach things to with the rings).

Love this way more than the Lamaze giraffe we also have (he has never been too interested in that one) -- so if you're going for a giraffe toy, get this one instead!

UPDATE -- my son is now 11 months old, and loves having the giraffe attached to the bar across his car seat. It worked as a great distraction on some long trips. I think he'll be disappointed when we move him to the next size up car seat and we have no where to hang it!
on July 2, 2011
I don't ordinarily write reviews, but I had to write one about this toy. I agree completely with the first reviewer. My son received this toy as a gift when he as about 2 and a half months and he's been playing with it every day since then. It's currently my go to toy to make him happy. It goes with us everywhere and I was actually looking to buy a second one to keep in the car. This is an awesome toy.
on June 5, 2014
This is a wonderful addition to any stroller or infant car seat. Baby can easily grasp the legs to play/eat them. The velcro at the top has not once come undone to my lil monsters pulls. Also the giraffe is a pleasant face for the baby to look at. I would highly recommend.
on November 13, 2013
I have hung it on my son's play yard and he loves it. Probably he forgets that it is the same toy he has been playing since the last 2 months, but everyday he is exploring all its parts. Good to keep the baby interested. Only drawside is my baby's tiny hands gets stuck in the red plastic loop.
on September 8, 2014
My 12 week old daughter loves this toy. I originally bought it for her car seat and am back to buy a second to have around the house. The velcro loop securely attaches to lots of things yet is easy to take on and off (even one handed!). It's much bigger than many similar toys I considered, which ended up being a bonus because she can reach the toy easily and even bring parts of it to her mouth. It makes car rides much happier for everyone, and keeps her occupied in her bouncer long enough for me to eat lunch, do dishes, or fold laundry.
on May 19, 2014
Bought this for our 4 month old's first road trip and she loved it! It hangs nicely from our Britax car seat but she prefers to hold it. It now comes with her everywhere. Highly recommend for the price!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon January 5, 2014
This was one of our daughter's favorite toys! We bought it for her when she was about 2.5 months old and she played with it until she was almost 1. She would play with this for a loooong time in the car or stroller. We also used it at home on her play gym and on her crib. It went everywhere with us. It was run over by our stroller, spit up on, and washed a ton of times. It still looked almost new when she was done playing with it. We have videos of her playing with it and pictures too. I was actually kinda sad when she grew out of it and we gave it to a friend of ours.

It was a really durable toy, super soft toy. The colors were bright and fun. The different textures were great, and as she played with it I could see the wheels going on her mind, trying to figure it all out.

This is now at the top of my list when buying gifts for babies or baby showers.
on January 24, 2015
So glad I read the reviews on this before ordering it. Our 4 1/2 month old son LOVES this thing! It goes everywhere with us. I even attach it to his crib at night so it's there in the morning. He grabs it and bites on it and crinkles it and he just adores it. Giraffe won't be getting old anytime soon.
review image
VINE VOICEon February 22, 2015
I ordered this as a shower gift. I liked this one in particular because it has the black and while on the bottom of it which is great for little babies who's eyes are drawn to contrasting like the black and white. Easily hooks onto carseat, stroller, carrier, ect..
on March 18, 2016
This is a truly engaging baby toy. The contrasting colors and different textures really keep baby interested for hours. Each of the four "feet" on the Giraffe provides a different texture and excitement for the baby. Using this first as a toy just attached to the car seat to keep the attention of a 2 month old, the colors kept her staring and occupied for car rides, now still using the same toy at almost 7 months old she is into touching and trying to eat the different feet. One foot has a red plastic ring with smaller black and white rings on it and she loves to chew on those, but also you can attach other toys using linkadoos or the plastic connecting baby ring you can buy. The plush foot and the red plastic foot seem to be favorites when teething, and the one foot with the small mirror on it is apparently hours of enjoyment. The fact that this toy can easily be removed from the car seat makes it a favorite for us because we can then attach it to her high chair or even her shopping cart cover. This seems to be one of the few toys that has kept her attention through the months, so this toy is a big win for us.