Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: BrightPlay 30 Pin Bluetooth Audio Receiver/ Adapter for iPhones and iPods
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on September 22, 2013
So, first of all, let me say that this device works exactly as advertised. As for what it does, it does it very well. The only caveat is actually referenced in their literature. This unit only works with systems that use the analog output for playing music. If you plug it into something that interfaces with the iPhone digitally, you are out of luck. Unfortunately, for most equipment with which you use this device, it is difficult or impossible to tell before you plug it in as to whether it uses digital or analog. This is what happened to me.

I originally bought this to plug into the iPhone connector in my car. i didn't know or realize that it used digital rather than analog to connect to the iPhone. As such, my phone connects to the bluetooth adapter and believes that it is playing. You get a link light on the bluetooth adapter, but the stereo says that there is no connected device. When I plugged the adapter into a portable stereo dock, it worked just fine and actually delivered better audio performance than I anticipated. I just cant use it with my car stereo..

One possible rule of thumb is that, if the stereo is able to display track information (artist, song, album, etc) it is probably reading your iphone digitally and will not work with the connector. If it is just plug and play, with no controls or awareness of the song being played, there is a better chance it will work. Otherwise, you may be hard pressed to determine if your stereo has chosen to use digital or analog, and finding out if this will work will be trial and error like my experience.
88 comments|151 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 11, 2013
Quick delivery, this item is great. I had not been able to use any of my old Iphone docking speakers since I upgraded to the new iphone 5. This item allowed me to connect my old iphone 30pin speakers via bluetooth to my new Iphone 5. Wow, I can't believe how easy it was to setup, and the sound quality is amazing. Going to buy some more for my family. LOVE IT!!!
on October 15, 2013
Very surprised. I have three Bose/Apple docking stations that would be obsolete without some sort of an adapter. With the three, I have well over $1,200 invested. Not only does this $20 + device bring Bluetooth technology to all three, I can walk through my entire home, separated by walls and the device continues to play. It is simple to synch and has not lost single connection. What a bargain.
on March 12, 2014
The description of the product says that it does not work with digital docks. Good luck finding out if your speaker dock is digital or not! My parent's 8 year old iHome speaker dock (which I now know is digital) does not work, yet my 2 year old JBL dock (apparently analog) works fine. I would think that the older dock would be analog and the new one would be digital, but your guess is as good as mine as to whether your particular dock is or isn't. This was a Christmas gift and I came to find out that my parent's just abandoned it since it was not working. When I went to visit them I asked them about it and they said they just assumed it was something they were doing wrong. And now I am outside the return window. Grrrr.

Bottom line... Unless you KNOW FOR SURE that your dock is analog (some iHome devices are and some are not!) then please DO NOT BUY this product.
on March 29, 2013
Through the use of iPad/iTouch Bluetooth and an app called, "StreamToMe", I have made my entire mp3 collection accessible from my home computer; all accessible to be my entertainment center using touch screen control of an iPad/iTouch sitting comfortably on my couch.

No more sync; no more connecting the computer to the entertainment system; I fire up the Bluetooth iPad/iTouch interface and sync to the cradle adapter; fire up the PC in the other room, and "wallah" a wifi-like SONOS solution for under 20 bucks!

I couldn't be happier!!!!!

ONE CAVEAT TO MENTION: this adapter does not work with digital chargers like the Panasonic SA-BT330. Keep this in mind when putting together your finger-tip accessible mp3 collection solution together with this tool.
on October 25, 2013
This is my Favorite Blue Tooth adapter!
Has excellent range and is the quickest to connect.

Now, my devices work just like they're remote controlled

...Such a pain to place my iPhone on the Mount, not anymore!

Also, when I walk into my house now my music starts playing
on January 20, 2014
We own a Harman Kardon Go+Pay II which we absolutely love the sound and often take on our camping trips. As great of a unit it is, it did not come with Bluetooth capability. We keep all our Iphones in Otter boxes for protection and it was always a bit of a hassle to take the phone out of the Otter case to dock it with HK Go+Play II. I was not sure the BrightPlay unit would work with the Go+Play but I figure we take a chance and use it somewhere else if it did not work.
The BrightPlay was ordered Saturday and it arrived Monday. I promptly installed it on the HK Go+Play, paired up the Iphone and it worked beautifully! The sound quality is still excellent and I was able to move away over 70 feet (clear line of site no obstructions) without losing the connection. I can't ask for anything more! The BrightPlay just extended the life of our Harman Kardon Go+Play by years. I highly recommend it!.
on July 13, 2015
Returned to seller. The product does NOT work in a Harmon/Kardon GO+PLAY docking station (plugged in OR battery powered), contrary to other buyer posts.

The seller's product page does NOT say that the product doesn't work on Harmon/Kardon GO+PLAY docking stations.
on July 7, 2015
So I've had this for a couple of months now. It works for the most part, but I have two issues. First, I have to go into my phone and pair with it EVERY time I want to use it. Why? Digging my phone out of my pocket and plugging into a cord is a lot easier than that digging out of my pocket, hitting the power button, unlocking the phone, finding the settings icon, clicking Bluetooth and then selecting the dongle. My phone auto-connects to the car just fine automatically ('12 Cadillac CTS-V has Bluetooth, but not Bluetooth Audio) Other than that it's "dropped" the connection a few times while in the middle of use... but it's rare so I haven't replaced it yet. In the end, I'll find a replacement for the car and put this in the living room on the iPod doc that came with my receiver where I actually wouldn't want it to auto-connect.
on January 23, 2014
I have music streaming into all but one room in our house. About two years ago I purchased an iHome radio/iphone dock type speaker with a 30-pin dock for the house. I have since upgraded to an iPhone 5 and did not use the iHome for my phone. I happened to find the BrightPlay on Amazon and read the reviews. I then decided to purchase the adapter for the iHome. When the device arrived I docked it with the iHome and paired it with my iPhone 5. The sound was just as good as with my iPhone 4. I then paired it with my Kindle Fire, iPad, iMac and MacBook Air. I then tried it with first generation dock type speakers, JBL and Altec Lansing, but they did not work. But I purchased the BrightPlay for the iHome device so I am keeping the rating as 5 stars. The other speakers I mentioned were for the iPod Mini and the 2 generation click wheel iPod. Please keep in mind that Bluetooth technology is limited by distance from the device.