TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 18, 2014
Video Review Summary:
→The DanceOut from Brightech is a straightforward Bluetooth speaker that is easy to use and includes a couple cool features. This unit works great paired with most devices that feature Bluetooth and is also compatible with most devices that have a 3.5mm port (headphone jack).

→ The package includes the DanceOut, one USB Micro-B recharging cable, one 3.5mm audio cable, and the instruction booklet.

→ The DanceOut looks good and is designed with a rubberized skin to help reduce the impact of small knocks and bumps. The unit features all the touch buttons up top including a multifunction button, volume up and down, previous track and next track buttons.

→ On the back of the speaker you have the on/off switch, the speakers recharging port, an aux in port for use with the included audio cable, a battery power left indication button and light, and a 1A USB power port.

→ The DanceOut features a built-in 1,800mAh battery for use with the 1A USB power port. This is an awesome feature to have for keeping your phone or tablet powered while listening to music.

→ In general use, the speaker performs really well and would work great in most mid-sized rooms. This system would even work nicely for an outdoor gathering. The clarity and general feel of the music are both really respectable and great. This speaker system has really good bass that can be seen and felt. In the video, I play some music from the YouTube Audio Library (royalty/copyright-free) which will help you get a better feel for what this speaker sounds like.

→ Overall, I really like the DanceOut from Brightech, it's a great take anywhere speaker and has some really great features most users will enjoy. Performance is actually a bit better than expected and the unit has lots of features and options to make lots of great uses from it.

Disclosure: I want you to know I received a sample product from the manufacturer for the purposes of providing this review. However, a review in exchange for the review sample was not promised. The views and opinions expressed in this review are my own, and in no way represent the views or opinions of the manufacturer or vendor.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
When I dug into my review sample I was pleasantly surprised to discover that it not only worked as a speaker, but had an 1800mAh battery pack and charging outlet for my phone. Granted, the 1800mAh is small compared to the current crop on the market, but it has more capacity than the internal battery of an iPhone 5S (which weights in at 1560) or over half that of a gigantic Galaxy Note 3 with its 3300mAh capacity. View this is an added feature and not the core value of the speaker.

The speaker is loud and has excellent frequency response in the low, mid and high bands. I have a fairly discerning ear and the sound quality was more than acceptable - especially for a bluetooth device streaming MP3 files. It isn't audiophile quality, to be sure, but isn't tinny and thin sounding either.

I'll not parrot some of the excellent reviews that describe the physical aspects and array of features. Instead I will cite what I love about this speaker and some of the things that I think could be improved. The improvements first: the controls are difficult to see because they are the same greyish/black color as the outer skin of the speaker. Plus they are not sufficiently raised where I can run my finger across the top of the case and feel them. I love the same color scheme, so perhaps if they were raised a little more they would be more convenient.

What I love, though, is the ease of use. My Samsung Galaxy 3 comes with NFC (near field communication), so all I had to do to pair and connect was to touch my phone to the + and - keys on the top of the case and - voila! - it was connected and playing music as soon as I pressed the play on my phone. Even without NFC my Samsung Tab 3 and iPad both found this speaker as soon as I started a scan. Older generation speakers required pressing and holding down buttons, which was hit or miss, and chants (it would seem) to pair and connect. This is super simple and takes the frustration out of using bluetooth for novice users who do not care about the technical rituals that some of us had to endure.

A few notes: this will play for an easy six hours on a full charge. The first few times you charge it will take at least ten hours, which is normal. I mention this because I thought it was broken until I took the time to read the instructions. Finally, the instructions warn that the charging pack may not always charge your phone or device a full 100%. For me this is acceptable because the main function is serving as a speaker. I am so happy with the sound quality that everything else is icing.
on August 17, 2014
Verified Purchase
Had it about a month and was working great then all sudden couldn't get any sound. Tried several iPhones and none worked, neither Bluetooth nor aux. Sent email to Brightech cust service and they suggested a couple fixes, which didn't work, but they sent me a new one right away free of charge. Didn't even ask for old one back! So now I have extra charging cord to go with my new unit. Great jobs Brightech!!
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Unique and interesting concept; a portable Bluetooth speaker and 1800mAh power bank all rolled in to one device. Not only did we find that it plays very well across the spectrum and has surprisingly deep bass resonance, but we can charge our phone from it's standard USB port's power output as we sit out around the campfire listening to music and hanging out.

Similar to other portable speakers, the best sounds seem to be produced when it sits on a solid base like a countertop, table, dresser or even a picnic table. However, this one has decent sound even when you are just carrying it around. You can crank this Brightech speaker up fairly loud without distortion, and it is portable though the integrated battery does add a bit of weight to the device. Excellent speaker & battery combination. Recommended.

Upon receipt, we plugged this speaker into our wall USB power adapter and it took the better part of the daylight hours to fully charge the 1800mAh battery. Next time we go to charge the battery I will hook it up to a super charge, high-output USB hub charger port that should cut the charging time 50% or more. The unit has an LED light based indicator that lets you know how much charge the battery has, and that is a nice feature.

Once ready to roll, pairing was easy with the three devices we played it with (Samsung Galaxy SIII, HTC Droid DNA and iPhone 5c), and we also connected it with the SIII via NFC... which was quick, convenient and easy. Range for the Bluetooth connection was fine, we were typically within about eight feet and had no issues. The NFC connection requires the devices to be touching, and the SIII stayed connected as it lay on top of the speaker.

Brightech's product just seem to all have neat designs, and this one is no exception. It is a nice looking unit with a smooth rubberized coating that might add a bit of protection from rough handling. If you would like to see pictures I took of this speaker, please go back to the speaker's main sales page, scroll down to where the "Most Helpful Customer Reviews" section starts, then look to the right of that area for the "Product Images From Customers" section. The bright color made this speaker easy to take pictures of. Excellent speaker for its size and price.

Through the combination of the speaker's volume control, the phone's output volume setting, and the functionality of the equalizer app we like to use - we got this speaker to produce excellent sound and all the volume we needed from it's 6W system.

The Amazon listing notes that there is a three year 'satisfaction guarantee', but it also notes further down that there is a 'lifetime warranty'; if an issue arises I will return here to update the review and let you know what the issue was and how resolution was handled. I did receive this speaker gratis from the manufacturer, and have put it through the paces to objectively find out how well it performed. My statements here reflect that testing.

If you are looking for a speaker of this style, size and affordable price point, with the extra built-in 1800mAh power bank functionality (which is really neat and unique), for use similar to what I have described above, then we highly recommend this Brightech DanceOut portable Bluetooth sSpeaker to you.

Go for it and enjoy.
review image
on January 17, 2015
For the money, this is an awesome unit. I have two other small Bluetooth speakers, Beats Pill, Jambox Mini and this unit the DanceOut. This is by far the least expensive. You can literally buy three of these for less than one of the others so the price is not even in the same ballpark.

The Beats Pill sounds best. The Jambox and the DanceOut sound about the same with music. I would give the Beats Pill an 8 on music sound and the Jambox and DanceOut a 7. All three sound good.

The DanceOut is larger than the Jambox. Since the Beats Pill is cylindrical it's size is a little odd but total size of the Pill is probably on par with the Jambox.

The 3.5 Aux In sounds better than the Bluetooth connection. When I connected the same source via Bluetooth and the 3.5 Aux the Aux In sounded much clearer and louder but that's true with the majority of Bluetooth connections that I've encountered.

The DanceOut has a USB charge port to charge your phone or other device while the DanceOut is being charged. That's a feature that neither of the other two have. You cannot plug a Flash Drive and play music from the USB port.

The phone conversation function sounds best on the Jambox, the Beats Pill is second but the phone quality sound of the DanceOut is not as good. The person on the other end complained that I sounded as if was in a cave so it's like a low quality speakerphone. I then switched to the Jambox and they said they could hear me much clearer and both speakers were in the same position.

So in summary among the three units: Overall, the Beats Pill is best for music with the Jambox and DanceOut about equal for music. For phone conversation the Jambox is best with the Pill a close second and the DanceOut a very distant third.

For the price however, neither touches the DanceOut. It's a great value for just a speaker and is subpar as a speakerphone.

Pictures are attached showing the relative size of the DanceOut vs the Jambox

I took off a star for the speakerphone performance but at the price it's still a great value.

Disclosure: I received a sample product from the manufacturer for the purposes of providing this review. However, a review in exchange for the review sample was not promised. The views and opinions expressed in this review are my own, and in no way represent the views or opinions of the manufacturer or vendor.
review image review image review image review image review image
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
**UPDATE** I've found my favorite feature on this speaker that no other bluetooth speaker has is the charging ability. There's essentially a battery in it that feeds a charge to your smart phone when plugged into it. Brilliant.

Pros:
- Price. Very decent. I've tested bluetooth speakers twice the price, and this sounds just as good.
- Excellent, punchy sound. Surprising bass.
- Fast connection to bluetooth.
- Rubber, grippy covering. Durable. (though I wouldn't suggest taking it into your shower with you)
- Simple, responsive buttons (volume up/down, and play/pair)
- Cool packaging.
- Long lasting (7-8 hours!).
- Nice company (Brightech). They actually sent me this sample to test and review. That speaks volumes about a company in my opinion... confident enough to give their product away to test and review.

Cons:
- Through it at a window with a note wrapped around it. It didn't break the window. Sort of bounced off.

Overall: 5/5 stars. A very well-engineered gadget with a powerful sound.
on May 15, 2014
Verified Purchase
I am seldom impressed with budget priced electronics! This bluetooth speaker is the exception. What a value. Out of the box it connected with my Galaxy S5, Chromebook & HP Laptop. Sound quality 100% better than what I expected. Using it in my RV as I type this and will be using it in my boat. Tired of buying speakers for the boat. The packaging this product ships with is as amazing as the product it'self. Portable, weatherproof carrying case. Brightrech you have a new fan!
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
There are a lot of small, portable Bluetooth speakers on the market today, and they've become one of the handiest accessories for smartphones and tablets, which often are lacking in the quality and volume of their audio. The DanceOut Bluetooth speaker stands out as one of the best mini speakers that I've used. At 6.4"x2.8"x1.95" and weighing 15.7 ounces, the DanceOut isn't the smallest speaker of this type that I've used, but it won't take up too much space in a bag or backpack if you carry it with you. The rubberized sides and rounded edges won't poke a hole in anything either.

To my ears, the audio quality for voice and music was quite good, with excellent clarity and good bass sounds, and the 5-watts total output was loud enough to be heard across a large room. I checked the stereo separation and balance with a couple of MP3 stereo setup utilities, and the speaker checked out perfectly.

Bluetooth pairing was very simple and quick, with the speaker pairing as device "DanceOut Bluetooth Speaker," with no code required. When the power switch is turned on, the speaker automatically goes into Bluetooth mode and is ready for pairing. This is noticeably simpler than the procedure with many Bluetooth speakers. The output volume can be controlled from the speaker itself or from the audio source. When playing music, the sound can be paused using a button on top of the speaker; pressing the button again resumes playing. Other buttons control the volume and track forward/back. About the Bluetooth range of the speaker: With a direct line-of-sight, the speaker worked fine with very few dropouts up to about thirty feet or so. Reception was also good when there were two walls between the source and the DanceOut, although I had an occasional brief dropout at less than thirty feet. Overall, though, the range appeared to be comparable to other Bluetooth speakers that I've tested.

The speaker includes a 40" 3.5mm audio cable for connection to non-Bluetooth devices. With a hard-wired connection, the volume controls on the speaker are functional, but the pause button only mutes the audio and the forward/back controls don't work.

The internal battery of the speaker can be recharged from a USB port or an AC wall charger. I used a 5V~1.0A charger, which worked fine. A 40" USB charging cable is included. Most Bluetooth speakers that I've used do not have a charge indicator for the speaker's internal battery, but the DanceOut has a colored light system that shows an approximate percentage of remaining charge. Another feature not usually found on these speakers is a 5V~1A USB port that can be used to recharge other devices from the speaker's own 1800mAh battery.

The DanceOut has Near Field Communication (NFC) capability, but I don't have any other devices with this capability, so I was unable to test this feature.

I really like this speaker. It's attractive enough to sit on a table in your living room, the audio quality is quite good, and it has the versatility to be used with either a Bluetooth connection or a hard-wired connection.

A product sample was provided for review purposes.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon March 10, 2014
Okay...so some might argue that this little speaker may have too much bass for their liking (but for hiphop, rap, etc I kind of enjoy more bass). It's comical how much air it actually pushes. In my video review, towards the middle/end, I show how the bass pushes this speaker around my desk (even with the full rubberized material all the way around the speaker). Now it won't jump around on EVERY song, but I put on some Dubstep, and can watch it dance around my desk (almost needs suction cups to keep it in place but that wouldn't be as much fun).

The name "DanceOut", for this speaker, makes sense after playing it. Most other smallish BT speakers don't even come close to this much power. I wouldn't want that much Bass all the time, but if I want to play mid-range Bass songs, etc then this is the speaker I'll use.

An additional feature, the 1A charging port, is something I've never seen in any of the BT speakers I've tested. I don't know how much I'll use it, but it's nice to have for an emergency iPhone charge-up nonetheless. Don't expect this 1800mAh battery to completely charge your smartphone or tablet completely though unless you've got the speaker plugged in.

There wasn't really anything about it I didn't like. Just keep in mind that this IS a speaker meant for DANCE type of music and may come across as overly Bassy on other songs. I also wish it had a slot for a MicroSD card so that I could play MP3 songs direct when I didn't want to have BT connected. Overall, a fun little speaker for me.

DISCLOSURE: I was provided a sample for review. My goal is to give you a more informed look at the features, what I see as pros, and what I see as cons. Take it for what it's worth.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I've used several Bluetooth speakers, and they tend to vary widely in terms of their quality. The Brightech DanceOut speaker is very impressive, both in terms of sound quality as well as design.

The speaker was relatively easy to set up and pair up with an iPhone and my Windows 8.1 desktop. Turning it on makes it discoverable for all of your Bluetooth-enabled devices. Each time you turn it on and off the speaker makes unmistakable loud noise indicating it's functioning. It also makes a different kind of noise each time it connects with a Bluetooth device.

One of the best features of this speaker is its sound quality. This midsize device can really deliver crisp, loud sound that goes well beyond what one would expect from such a relatively small form factor. As a single speaker that streams music via Bluetooth there are naturally physical and technological limitations to what it can pull off, but aside from that this speaker really manages to impress.

Both its shape and size allow for this speaker to be easily portable. The speaker can easily be placed on any flat surface. Thanks to its fun design this speaker is very versatile in terms of its possible uses. It rubberized exterior makes it very rugged, and even though it is not waterproof I think that this speaker could be used in a variety of outdoors situations.

I primarily use this speaker as an external speaker for my old Dell desktop. Older desktops can be very inconvenient as most of their peripheral ports are not easy to reach, and a Bluetooth device such as this one can really add functionality without the hassle of having to reach behind the PC for access.

This is a very convenient and inexpensive portable speaker that definitely delivers on its premise. Highly recommended.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations