From the Inside Flap
EXCERPT FROM CATALOG: Increasing brain power does not depend upon age, station in life, or intelligence; what matters is desire. No matter your age--seven, seventeen, fifty-seven, seventy-seven--you can exercise your mind. A desire to empower one's mental capacity, coupled with effective techniques of vocabulary recall, will lead most anyone to excel. Thomas Edison, thought by many to have the highest IQ in the last millennium, was dismissed from school because his teacher thought he did not have the intelligence to succeed academically. Albert Einstein could not read until he was seven and still was considered a slow learner in high school. Winston Churchill was last in his class in school but developed a remarkable vocabulary that led him to become one of the greatest orators of all time. If Edison, why not you? If Einstein, why not you? If Churchill, why not you? Your mental muscles can be developed as surely as your physical muscles. Most of us naturally use less than 5 percent of our overall brain potential. The development of the other 95 percent lies in our own hands. The brain can be tuned, developed, and improved. It is the most highly developed computer ever made, and yet the circuits and the cells must be sharpened until it becomes analogous to a highly tuned engine. By tuning your brain, you create innumerable new opportunities for growth, communication, and experience, and you save countless hours formerly spent retrieving information--hours that can now be spent in fruitful enterprise and relationships.
From the Back Cover
You can have a brilliant mind, greater intelligence, and an excellent command of language. All you need is a little exercise. Just as we can develop muscle cells through physical exercises, so can we develop brain cells and connections through mental exercises. In this book you will find time-proven techniques and exercises for building a more intelligent mind. Written by acclaimed psychiatrist Frank Minirth, it provides a way for you to increase your IQ memorize more information improve test scores communicate more effectively excel in the business world prevent cognitive decline Most people use less than 5 percent of their overall brain potential. No matter what your age, you can tap into the other 95 percent through the mental exercises contained in this book. Not only will your vocabulary and opportunities increase, but you will actually change and expand your brain to become more brilliant. Frank Minirth is president of the Minirth Clinic in Richardson, Texas, and one of only 122 doctors in America and Canada certified by the prestigious American Society of Clinic Psychopharmacology. He is the bestselling author of Happiness Is a Choice and can be heard weekly on both local and national radio.