5.0 out of 5 stars It Is Brilliant - Great Recipes
Published on November 18, 2012 by Kat

2.0 out of 5 stars lame recipes
not much recipes, recipes have strange ingredients. Book is only a sample of recipes - promotiong to buy book. Better off passing on this.
Published on December 31, 2012 by M. Thomson

5.0 out of 5 stars It Is Brilliant - Great Recipes, November 18, 2012
Kat (Greenville SC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 31 Brilliant Turkey Leg And Leftover Turkey Recipes (Tastefully Simple Recipes Book 8) (Kindle Edition)
I will be trying the Creamy Turkey Leek and Ham Pies in my Mini Pie Maker. They make 2 pies and the machines I have are nice and deep. Not like the shallow ones at all. I got 3 of them on sale just for the upcoming holidays. After Thanksgiving lunch, I will whip this recipe together and make the pies since it only takes a few minutes in the mini pie maker. That way, the kids can take them home with them. I also can't wait to try the Stuffed Turkey Legs Italian Style. It does seem a little involved, but the ingredients are right up my alley. I really like the variety of dishes from Italian to Mexican to Asian and many more in between. We enjoy serving turkey year round and this book will be used a lot. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Turkey Recipes!, November 18, 2012
Awesome find just in time for the festive season! Thanks Jenny Collins for these delicious turkey recipes.
This book is filled with some absolutely delectable dishes. The recipes are easy to follow and make and in good time. Such great ideas for left over turkey - my favorite dish is the Turkey, Asparagus & Leek Terrine.. Yummo!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect timing!, November 13, 2012
So happy I came across this book just in time before the holiday season starts. One of my favorite things about the Thanksgiving meal is actually enjoying the leftovers after the holiday. This book left me with tons of great ideas. I think I've picked up every recipe book by this author - I really like her style and this book is no exception.

5.0 out of 5 stars Always needed., February 4, 2013
There is always a need for a new way to make leftover turkey. Good job, Jenny. Thank you for your contribution.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good after the holiday cooking ideas, January 7, 2013
Sybrkat (LAKEWOOD, NEW JERSEY, US) - See all my reviews
Leftovers are often relagated to meanial fare, this book gave me lots of ideas for different and good fixins. Used several recipes already and plan to use more since I have frozen many turkey parts for future use.

2.0 out of 5 stars lame recipes, December 31, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Variety and something new, December 21, 2012
Enjoyed this book for its wide variety of recipes. At my house leftover turkey has always ended up in sandwiches, hot sandwiches or simply reheated. Loved the variety of recipes, and am looking forward to trying more of them this year. I am always buying new recipe books and most of them stay on the shelf. This is a keeper and one I'll be using often.
Pat Cher
Author Mi'kmaq Song

4.0 out of 5 stars 31 Brilliant Turkey Leg Leftover Turkey Recipes, December 5, 2012
This had recipes I'd not seen before...and I've seen a lot of turkey recipes! Nice to know there are still uses for that leftover bird. I appreciated the fact that none of these were hard or time consuming to create.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Turkey Recipes!, November 19, 2012
I own several of Jenny Collin's books. They are known for their high quality, attention to details and simplicity. This one is no different. The book is filled with awesome turkey recipes that are easy to prepare and are healthy.

Each recipe comes with a nice intro, prep time, cooking time, yield and easy to follow instructions. I like the simplicity of the recipes, which make them less intimidating to try out. Highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Leftover Turkey Leg Recipes, November 19, 2012
I'm trying to be proactive given our limited budget this year. I'm planning how we're going to use the massive quantity of leftover turkey we have every year, AND how I can convince the family to eat in more after holiday dinner.

This book has some great ideas for it. I've settled on the Creamy Turkey, Leek and Ham Pies. I gave them a quick try last week and they are delicious, easy to transport, easy to make and pretty healthy.

The idea of this book is brilliant, focusing on leftover turkey in that time of the season when so much turkey goes to waste. I especially like some of the recipes (like the leftover turkey burgers) that "disguise" the turkey a bit so that the family (who really does get sick of it after a while) will still eat it and enjoy it.

I know I'll be referring to it for Christmas too!