Facility Spring Cleaning BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

Format: DVD|Change

"Bring It On: In It To Win It" is the fourth of these competitive cheerleader flicks to come down the pike in the past seven years, and either it is going to be the last or somebody is going to make it their personal mission in life to make sure the franchise finds a better end than this 2007 direct to video offering. One thing for sure: each of these films makes the original look better, and every time they try to come up with another cheer routine laden with irony and caustic wit it always pales in comparison with the opening bit of the original "Bring It On." Since it is assumed that you are checking out this movie because you liked the original (and perhaps one or more of the others in the series), such comparisons are inevitable as is the inevitable judgment that this is an inferior product.

You know that the end of the movie is going to be the big competition, so the goal is to set up as much conflict before the inevitable final battle before the cheering crowds and other competitors. That would be the Sharks, the red dressed team from the left coast captained by Carson (Ashley Benson), versus the Jets, the East Coast team decked out in blue led by Brooke (Cassie Scerbo). The Jets finished first and the Sharks second at the previous championship, so the groups hate each other. As you might suspect from their team names, the two teams end up facing off on the street, throwing around as much attitude and twists as they can before learning there is a reason cheerleaders do their routines on padded mats. With half of each team out of commission, Carson and Brooke have to find a way to work together or they are not going to go out as winners. There are additional layers of complications because Carson is smitten with Penn (Michael Copon), who, of course, is a Jet (I bet somebody out there is going to YouTube a montage of Carson and Penn to "A Boy Like That" from "West Side Story"; actually, most any song from that musical could be played against scenes from this film). If that is not enough adolescent angst, Penn has been lying to his parents about where he is spending his summer.

Then there is the curse of the spirit stick.

I round up on "Bring It On: In It To Win It" because when we finally get to the last act you get to see some competitive cheerleading routines, and since these are actual human beings doing all of this stuff I am always impressed. I know next to nothing about such cheerleading competitions, but like many of us I can fall back on the idea "I could never do that in a million years" and be allowed a small measure of awe. A lot of what is in this film is more miss than hit: for example, the semi-Goth cheerleader has her moments but the idea that not one but two of her teammates would confess to putting up fronts to be their particular stereotypes strikes me as too much. But that is to be expected from a franchise that is now at the point where the name of the game is to count things off by the numbers, from the nightmare cheerleading sequences at the start to the cast lip-synching to a song during the closing credits. Lower your expectations going in to this one and you will have a better chance of coming out ahead.
on August 3, 2008
This is a great movie. I like the way it shows the importance of working together as a team so that both chearleading tems can compete as one to win. It also shows the importance of beliving in yourself and not in luck or curses if you want to accomplish something.
Which is what Carson has to learn to trust herself and that she is good enough and that curse or no curse if she does her best she is good enough to win. The jets and shark have to play of each others streangths to off set each others weaknesses. They have to learn to get along and let the differences go if they want to win. I recommand this movie to anyone. Especially if you liked any of the other bring it on movies. They are all good. If all of the i like this one the best.
Another one you may loike that falls in this catagory is
Man of the House ~ Tommy Lee Jones, Cedric the Entertainer, and Christina Milian (DVD - 2005). Another Movie i highly recomend it is funny.
on February 10, 2015
My 13 and 10 year old daughters tell me this movie was great. Now that's their opinion. I think they probably could have been watching something a little less stereotypical, but our selection was limited that day. There is some adult content, and some bad language. But since I watched the first couple of movies from the franchise I knew what was coming. These movies are typically all the same. The stereotypical characters: jock, dumb blond, are not who they seem in the end. When watched from start to finish it is entertaining and funny. My 13 year old said she thinks 10 would be the limit, but I have to say it really depends on your child and your maturity level. This movie is very typical "sports, dance competition movie."
on May 30, 2013
Omg i love bring it on so much but this by far is my fav movie i love it zoo much
on June 10, 2013
I watched all of them and out of all of them this was my FAVORITE!!!! I just love the rivalry between the two and how they combine together to make a team. watch this one. Honestly, i hated the other ones. :)
on February 13, 2015
The original movie "Bring it On" is well directed, as well as having good actors whose cheerleading is phenomenal. It also has an fairly good plot and very good dialog. All the following sequels have none of the above. Poorly directed, the acting is terrible and the script may have been written by a fourth grade class who was joking. Nothing like the original.
on July 2, 2015
They are all the same story lines, but I never get tired of watching silly cheerleading movies. Bring it on really brings it on each time. I like how there are new actresses for each new one they have made.
on February 14, 2014
A Cute and funny Cheerleading flick. It's one of my favorite ones next to the first one. Ashley Benson does a great job in this one along with the rest of the cast. Can be corny at times but that's what makes it funny. Great soundtrack as well! A must buy for people who love chick flicks.
on May 4, 2015
So I am not a picky person by nature when it comes to movies and television shows. I personally like this movie for the references to both West Side Story and Romeo and Juliet along with the fact that its a cute little movie. I wouldn't say this movie is cinematic genius by any means but its a good simple time waster movie. There are many better movies, even within this series but if you are looking for a cute movie than give it a shot. I will add that this movie can be quite hard to find and I occasionally get the urge to watch it so I'm glad that I have it for that occasion once a year or so that I don't have to go attempt to hunt it down.
on August 19, 2014
The movie wasn't as good as the first two in the Bring it On series. We really only rented it to see our cheer coaches from Aerial Elite (Stuart, FL) in their cameo appearances :) that was pretty cool!!!