Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews (2 star)show all reviews
on February 6, 2011
Scent Name: Smooth OrangeVerified Purchase
I've been doing P90X for over a year now. I thought the book would provide something new for people already doing the program. For me, it turned out just to be a summary of the philosophy and the exercises I already knew. For someone interested in P90X but not already doing it, a very good book. For someone who has been doing P90X and has already read the literature and visited the Beachbody web site, you won't find anything that you didn't already know.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on December 27, 2010
Scent Name: Smooth Orange
I was excited to get a companion book to go with my P90X program, which I thoroughly love. I read the book Christmas Day and didn't find anything not previously said on the blogs, you tube, or P90X literature. It is nice to have some photos to go along with the DVD's, but overall the book didn't bring much to the table and was a bit of a disappointment.

I agree with a previous reviewer - I expected a more personal side of Tony Horton to come out in the book. Like a mini-biography to what got him here and how the program was developed.

This is a good book for someone looking to skip purchasing P90X and for someone who will work out to a book or written plan vs a visual/interactive plan.

I didn't see anything revolutionary in it. I've been following a different diet plan (Fat Flush) for years and much of his information mimics the things she has been writing about for over a decade. The exercise's were P90X exercises, not revolutionary there either as P90X is not a new program it was introduced several years ago as well I believe.

Bottom line, Tony Horton's programs work. He's talented and dynamic, I'd rather see him in person on my DVD working as a trainer. This book is good for someone who wants to skip the DVD's and is highly motivated on their own.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again