5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase
Published on February 26, 2012 by Dani Arteri

3.0 out of 5 stars Stiff, draw string hard to use
We are disappointed in these bags. We have tried at least 4 brands of produce bags from Amazon over the past year; here are our thoughts on this one:

The Pros:

- lightweight, so the bag does not add to the weight of the vegetables sold by the pound

- easy to see through

The Cons:

- bag material is very stiff, so...
Published on March 17, 2012 by L. Aurich

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase, February 26, 2012
This review is from: Bring It Valencia Reusable 10-Pack Large Produce Bags (Kitchen)
I have been carrying along my reusable grocery bags for a few years now and I felt pretty good for helping the environment a little bit. Then I realized that when I go to the produce department, my cart gets filled with a BUNCH of those produce bags...bah, so much for saving plastic!!! It finally occurred to me that someone probably invented something to help in that area, so I came on Amazon and searched for reusable produce bags. Viola, here they are! I was originally drawn to flip and tumble 5-Pack Reusable Produce Bags because of the little colored labels (they're just more visually appealing!), but when I was going to make my purchase, these were the same price for double the amount of bags (if you shop on Amazon a lot, you know that prices fluctuate constantly). I decided to go with these and I love them. Each bag is a great size- you can fit a lot of produce into them. They are mesh, so you can easily see into them and they are also easy to machine wash. They are lightweight, so they really don't add a whole lot of weight to your purchase. They close with a drawstring, so no more trying to un-do the knots you tie into your produce bags when you get home.

I would highly recommend this product! I leave my reusable grocery bags in my car all the time, and I'm just going to shove these inside one of the bags so I never have to worry about forgetting them. I'm also going to buy them as gifts- anyone who appreciates reusable totes will most likely be grateful to save even more plastic in the form of obnoxious produce bags. If anything, these mesh ones are a TON easier to open :).

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable, good product, November 22, 2011
I purchased the BringIt large & smaller produce bags. Took them to the market over the weekend and it was easy to use and durable. Easy to open/close since the opening is full-sized and it comes with a drawstring closure. The cashier had no problems seeing the produce and tags while ringing them up. Also nice and light, so I'm not paying much extra on per lb produce. Overall quality seems good, nicer than standard market type mesh bags.

The smaller bags were good for smaller items, like fruits, but not as good for larger/fluffier sized greens. The larger bags were perfect for everything. In hindsight, I should have bought all large sizes, but was tempted by the fact that you get 2 extra for the same price. Still, a great product and love the fact that they are machine washable.

**Aug. 2013 Update**
Bags still work great, no issues with drawstring coming loose or anything. However, I noticed that after 1+ years of weekly washing, these bags are starting to look a little worn down. They can snag easily, so be careful what you wash it with. Doesn't look as good as it did in the beginning, but still works great.

3.0 out of 5 stars Stiff, draw string hard to use, March 17, 2012

The Pros:

- easy to see through

The Cons:

- bag material is very stiff, so it is hard to load vegetables into the bag, and empty bags do not collapse easily for transport

- the draw string used to close the bag does not slide freely making it very difficult to close the bag

Thus far, our favorite bags are the flip and tumble 5-Pack Reusable Produce Bags which are twice as expensive with shipping, but worth it.

2.0 out of 5 stars You Get What You Pay For....., July 24, 2013
I bought these because you get 10 at a cheaper price versus the other offerings. Usually, you'll see 5 bags for $10.

After seeing all the positive reviews, I bought in.

I feel I got scammed on the reviews......as I know nowadays that these small companies ARE purchasing their own products in order to post **FAKE** Amazon reviews. It's unfortunately happening quite **A LOT** nowadays on Amazon on lesser known products! (...it's very easy to spot as those types of reviews will have only one recent purchase/review in their name profile).

The reason for my 2* review (though 5* relative price) is based in comparing these bags TO more expensive/superior ones--especially the Whole Foods re-usable produce bags.

Anyone who has used good re-usable produce bags will know the difference between this product and a good one.

1.) Firstly, the mesh is really way, way, way too STIFF (i.e. think of a couple pages of newspaper)! When packing stuff in a grocery bag, it becomes much more cumbersome. It's like stuffing a small paper bag into a larger grocery bag.

2.) Secondly, the mesh holes are really LARGE and the real deal killer here. If you put any onions or herbs, etc that shed, the produce will easily go right through the holes of the bag and leave a nice mess in your grocery bag and table. My old produce bags, by the way, of a different make, had ULTRA-FINE mesh where most ALL produce debris was caught.

3.) Thirdly, the closing mechanism doesn't offer a latch on the rope to secure the produce. The ropes can easily slide open and become undone -- unless you do a double tie....Again, you get what you pay for.

......BTW, I wish the Amazon pics showed the bag with MORE pictures in greater detail so you can get a better idea of what you're getting! It would have saved me some good ordering/returning time.

Bottom line:
Look elsewhere....as there's bags that may cost a little more (as these are cheap), but offer a whole better experience! My recommendation is to get the ones at the front counter of your local Whole Foods store. With those, you get 3 super bendable ultra fine mesh bags, a holding bag, an ink pen, and plastic closing mechanism on the rope of the bags -- all for $5....these are, without question, in a different tier -- DAY & NIGHT better!!.....(P.S. I returned these Amazon Valencia bags -- a no-brainer return...)

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what they are supposed to do, April 26, 2012
When I reviewed everything Amazon had, I really wanted to purchase the cuter looking bags with the multi-colored tags. I'm just too darned practical because I bought these instead, double the number of bags for the same price as the cute ones. They are very light weight, very easy to see through/ scan through. They just are not cute or sexy. I'm okay with that. One reviewer complained that they are stiff, but I don't have any issues or regrets. They are made from recycled water bottles. They are very sturdy, and I am glad I purchased the large size- perfect/versital. I really enjoy using them, glad I bought them. The ten bags come packed in a small mesh bag with a string tie that is great for garlic, ginger, etc. (So you are really getting 11 bags.) The large size is perfect for apples, peppers, broccoli, kale, etc. String ties cinch close and pull open very easily.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the Job---but maybe not the job most folks use them for, April 23, 2013
SIZE
> 8" x 12" flat, mouth is 5" in diameter open.
> Holds about 2 large grapefruit, or 2-3 oranges, or 3-5 tomatos.

MATERIAL
> The bags are made of stiff plastic, specifically recycled soda bottles.
> Openings (mesh size) less than 1/8"; large enough to exclude houseflies, not large enough to exclude fruit flies.
> The sides and fold for the drawstring are hemmed with 2 rows of cotton thread.
> The less than 1/8" diameter drawstring is a nylon-like material.

QUALITY
> Not visually impressive: Since the material is (appropriately) stretched to sew the fold for the drawstring, it looks sloppy when the material is relaxed. At least the bags I received have creases on the sides.
> The holes for the drawstrings are NOT reinforced, and easily rip.
> One-time use quality. You can reuse them, of course, but they will not stand up to heavy re-use. Although some reviewers describe washing them using the "delicate" cycle, I doubt that they would survive more than a few washings. They WILL NOT soften after washing (as one reviewer speculates), because they are plastic, not fabric.

EXTRA
> Comes in a nice 8" x 8" storage bag of the same material and construction.

FRUIT AND VEGETABLE SHOPPING BAGS?
Although most users take these bags to the store to purchase fruit/vegetable bags (instead of the supplied plastic store-bags), I really do NOT believe they are suitable:
> The bags do not close smoothly, and don't always stay closed. It is time consuming to carefully close (without tearing the material) and tie-closed the bags, and then untie and reopen them at home.
> The bags provide no protection from the dried puddle of baby pee (or "sick" or worse) in your shopping cart; or the bacteria-filled residue from a leaking package of fresh shrimp or chicken some customer bought yesterday.
> Leafy vegetables or fresh herbs may dry out before you get home.
> In warm dry climates (or corresponding seasons of the year), the store-provided plastic bags are very helpful in protecting your vegies from drying out in your frig--these mesh bags provide no protection from drying out. I cold wet climates (or corresponding seasons of the year)(where vegie bins tend to become swamps), vegies are best kept loose in your vegie bins on a layer of cloth or paper towels, not in any bags.
> Stems of grapes, etc. snag on the mesh making the bags hard to load.
> The stiff mesh is likely to damage fragile-skin fruit such as ripe peaches, pears, zucinni, particularly if the bag is packed with more than a few.

ECONOMY
My guess is that an individual bag would last an average of about 5 trips to the grocery store, at a cost of about 20 cents per use. In my case, that would add up to about $50/year. Besides, when the bags rip or fall apart, they have to be discarded. They probably contain 3 or 4 times as much (high density) plastic as a (low density) plastic store-bag---so you really aren't much ahead in reducing plastic waste.

Okay, I understand that these are a fad in many areas of the country. You have to use them to "prove yourself worthy" to your idiot neighbors and judgmental cashiers. In the sane portions of the country, my suggestion is: use and reuse the store-supplied plastic bags. You can bring back store-bags to the store and reuse them just as easily as these bags, and the store-bags will probably work better. Most stores have store-bags recycling bins. I reuse or recycle EVERY plastic bag I get at stores. With the money you save, make a donation to Nature Conservancy instead.

SUITABLE FOR:
> Perfect for gifts of special produce from your garden.
> Usable for protecting garden vegetables and fruit. The protection is not be perfect, e.g., a squirrel can chew through the mesh--but is more likely to look for unprotected fruit. In my case, I have tropical fruit which ripen unexpectedly (without a color change) and promptly fall off the tree, and splat ruined on the ground. I put the bag over the fruit and tie the drawstring high on the stem--so the ripened fruit falls 1 or 2 inches to the bottom of the bag and hangs from the tree until I take it down. The nylon-ish material of the drawstrings is fairly easy to untie. So far, it has worked well.
> GENERAL ORGANIZATION/STORAGE. Usable. However, they would provide little protection. Small canvas bags are much better for storage/protection of breakable or scuffable items. Ziplock freezer bags are better for most simple storage when you want to see the contents. Really, I have a drawer full of "adapters", electrical cords and cables of various sorts, headphones I'm not using, etc---because everything is in freezer bags, the cords don't get tangled.
> TRAVEL: Usable to keep items organized, but zippered more-fabric-like bags work better, mostly because the zippered bags are easier to open and close. Ziplock freezer bags are much better for lotions, creams, etc., because they catch leaks. I even use large ziplock type freezer bags to pack individual shirt for travel.
> LAUNDRY BAGS: Particularly for delicates, usable, but they probably are not rugged enough to stand up to more than 1 or 2 wash cycles themselves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy and inexpensive for starters, July 19, 2012
This was a random find for me on Amazon while I was shopping for other types of mesh bags. I didn't know they existed and started shopping amazon for what other types were available. I chose this particular brand because it was the least expensive for the highest number of bags and showed good reviews.

As other reviewers have mentioned, the bags are stiff, as is the drawstring. I am not bothered by this personally and feel it will get better over time and after a few washings.

I bought the large sized bags and they held up pretty well to holding a lot of heavy fruit in one bag. To give an idea of how large the large bag is, it did well to hold 5 lbs of large oranges in one bag. I probably could have added a couple of extra oranges but that would have really pushed it. Another bag held 3 lbs of extra-large sized grapefruits very comfortably. Another bag fit two bundles of celery and was long enough to contain the produce, leaves and everything.

The cashier complimented how nice the bags were and asked where I got them. She had absolutely no trouble at all reading the stickers to key in the proper item and ring it up quickly.

The ten bags come in one small bag to store everything in. The storing bag is the same material and also has a drawstring just like the large bags, so it was nice to use to just put a couple of things in like lemons.

It turns out the mesh is great for letting air circulate through these bags and so, with the bags of celery stalks for example, I just tossed the bag with the produce in it right into the crisper in the fridge. Same with my zucchini and avocados.

I will be buying more of these so I have enough to keep my produce in it while in the refrigerator and still have enough to take back to the store. I think later down the road I will upgrade them to the higher quality bags but the price and the quantity for these to get used to them for starting out works great for me. I uploaded a photo which shows the lemons in the storage bags and a few items of produce in the large bags.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bags!, July 13, 2012
S. Sparks (Great Mills, MD) - See all my reviews
I bought the 10-Pack Large Produce Bags. We eat a mostly vegetarian diet, and this package is plenty for a big shopping trip. The cashiers can easily see the products and labels through the mesh. I like them better than the thin plastic ones because you don't have to fight to open them. The drawstrings were a little stiff at the beginning, but they get looser after each use. They are large enough to hold kale and apples. I love using them because the moisture of the fruits and vegetables does not get trapped in them. They are easy to machine wash. (I used the delicate cycle, express). You can also easily wash them by hand. I do this every few times I go to the store to rinse any incidental pesticide residue in the bags. I think you might be disappointed if you ordered the small produce bags because the large ones are really all-purpose, and there are plenty of bags to use for one family. I'm glad I got the large ones.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love these bags, June 26, 2012
I use these bags weekly at the Farmer's Market to pick up my CSA produce. They are a great size and work very well. I agree that they are kind of stiff, not really a soft mesh at all. However, they get the job done. Solid product and I would purchase again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, April 25, 2012
These bags are great for produce at the grocery store. I love not having to use those plastic bags. They're large, light-weight and durable.

Rate and Discover Movies