Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Brinkmann 852-7080-E Charcoal Gourmet Grill and Smoker
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on June 25, 2012
First time out I noticed the difference between this and my older smoker (affectionately known as R2D2). Important points: you can easily add smoking chips once the coal is in place without burning yourself - easiest done with tongs; I love the design. No more fussing with the coals burning, trying to place the water pan inside without getting burned. Since the body is in 2 pieces, get the coals going in the chimney (my favorite) and when ready pile them onto the pan. Have the upper part of the body ready with water pan intact and simply place it over the lower half holding the coals. Couldn't be simpler. Add a little cherry wood, some ribs, tri tip and chicken and we're having gourmet meals all week long. Who needs sauce when you have this kind of flavor?
on January 3, 2012
This smoker is great for someone who is just getting started learning how to smoke meat. It comes with one wood chip and has two shelves for cooking two different things.
on August 10, 2013
Bought it after many smokeless years. It was a good price so why not. So far have smoked pork shoulder, 4 chickens , kielbasa , and salmon filets. All came out great. Only minus is that the 'barrel' of the smoker arrived slightly out of round. Not bad but ... Don't know if that's a problem of the manufacture, warehouse or shipping. I recommend the recipes that come with it. Some nice ideas such as using the bowl under the grilles to cook veggies etc. I tried salt potatoes and also sauerkraut that came out great, cooked under pork shoulder.
on December 15, 2011
This smoker made our grandson very happy, it was more that he expected. An aspiring barbequer in the making. In Panama City, Fla he grills and smokes several roast on the weekend to help his single mom with the meals of the following week. What a nice thing to do for your Mom. Yeah-Domenic
on December 9, 2012
We had a Brinkmann Smoker for over 20 years and needed to replace it. This one is new and improved! The charcoal pan allows for easier addition of charcoal and chrome plated grills are great improvements.
on July 21, 2014
Great Grill. If there is a issue & you need to call Brinkmann, good luck. That is arguably the worst customer service I have ever experienced. They take your phone number & call you back. It could be hours. Like I have nothing better to do then wait by the phone. Terrible, Terrible customer service. At least they speak English but it ends there.
on September 1, 2013
I ordered this as a first time smoker. I liked it was easy to assemble and use. After watching a couple of grilling shows to learn how to spice and smoke meats, I made a rub and smoked a beef brisket. The flavor was spot on and the smoker performed flawlessly.

It created great smoke rings in the meat. The only thing is the thermostat does not reflect the actual temperature. It shows a blue section for too cool, the white section with the word "Ideal", and a red section for too hot for smoking. Just keep the temperature in the white section. One area of improvement I think is that I think the door could be just a little larger to enable the user to add wood chips or coal easier. If you try to add wood or charcoal to the fire, it is a little difficult. For this one reason I have to take one star. But overall, I think the smoker is really good for the money.

If you are a new smoker, I would recommend this grill.
on January 13, 2013
Came very quickly, easy to put together. My son got it for Xmas and said it was "the best gift he got". He smoked a 5 lb. pork shoulder that was really, really good!!!
on November 12, 2014
I bought this as a gift for my college-age son and he loves it. Its the perfect size for an apartment balcony and as such, he's been BBQing and smoking meats for his friends constantly. He claims its easy to put together, easy to use and fairly easy to clean (I'm just shocked he even does clean it!!). This is a great little smoker for the price.
on October 6, 2013
I purchased this for my husband for Father's Day. He had never used a smoker before, but wanted to learn, so I purchased this for him based on reviews. He loves it, and it has been very easy to use for him. He did install a thermometer on it, since it doesn't have an actual temp thermo on it. It has held up well so far, these four months, and he has used it a ton, both smoking and bbq'ing on it. For the price, he's happy, so I'm happy!