Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Brinks 161-20271 TSA Approved 20mm Luggage Lock Solid Brass, 2-Pack
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on June 18, 2014
I bought these locks in a hurry before an international trip, no problem but it's a little stiff when maneuvering the key inside the lock. It's a click-lock (it doesn't need a key to lock it) and is TSA approved. These are not the kind of locks that other random lock keys would open it- you need this specific brand of key.

I have never used locks in the past on any of my travels and was a bit circumspect to do it for this trip but thought it would be useful as I had a layover and was concerned that my luggage would land before I did. The reason for my uncertainty was that I have often heard that locked luggage gets more attention than unlocked baggage. This was true to an extent- I know that my luggage was searched by the TSA as they left a note stating that things might be mixed up inside (not in these words) and though nothing was taken or harmed, and I wasn't particularly bothered that my luggage was inspected, in the past my luggage, no matter how large has never been searched before! So I'm guessing that locking it did make it suitable for an inspection! I don't ever carry objectionable things and this was no different, so the rumor holds true- lock it and you attract more attention to your stuff! Finally, it's a decent pair of locks and they seem strong enough for massive suitcases that travel through 2-3 flights at a time!
on August 13, 2013
They are a nice set for luggage. They lock and unlock easily. The key slides in and out smoothly. The strength is only so so. They are small which is what is to be expected. If you want stronger locks then pay more. The keys are single edged. Locks with double edge keys are a pain for the key is awkward to slide in and out. Find out which type of key comes with the lock BEFORE you purchase it. Also pictures of locks are often deceiving about the size of the lock.
on March 6, 2014
We were surprised to see that these locks came with a warning that you need to wash hands after handling because of toxic materials. The locks themselves worked fine and were a good price.
on June 25, 2015
These locks were no good. The second time I went to use one of the two locks, the lock would not lock closed. So, it's completely useless and I now don't think I trust the second lock to work either... So, I only locked one of my bags on my return trip. Haven't used the second lock again, but plan on replacing it with something else for the next trip.
on December 12, 2015
They did the trick for what I needed. They are attractive and seem to be well made. Gave 4 stars because the keys can be a little difficult, you have to put them in and turn them just right and this can take a few tries. They wouldn't stop a burglar of course, but work well for little fingers that like to snoop and move things around for you, lol. It's nice to have BOTH earrings when you get ready to put them on :)
on September 25, 2015
I had originally purchased a four lock set for our forewign travel but found I needed more. An additional purchase of these locks was a no brainier. They won't keep a determined thief or the TSA out but that's alright. Unless you are willing to pay to transport a safe that you must accompany every inch of the way there are no guarantees.
on June 12, 2014
I'm very disappointed in these locks. Maybe I'm like that one customer in a million purchases or whatever, but I had problems. The key would not even work with these locks and if you were able to get them in the key hole, you couldn't get it out. It was very frustrating and I'm not a satisfied customer.
on March 1, 2016
These locks worked well but in the future I would recommend the code locks instead. Nothing wrong with a key except you have to keep up with it and pull it out every time you need to get into your luggage. These locks have held up well but if you are reading this just wanted to give my insight as something to consider when purchasing.
on September 29, 2014
When my daughter was preparing to leave for college she became terrified of the severe warning of doom if you actually USE these, but apparently it's a California thing and in fact your hands won't fall off when you lock and unlock these little guys. If it were really as bad as noted on the packaging, there'd also be hazmat gloves included to avoid liability claims.

The locks are small but solid and do what you need, which is to provide a bit more security through the baggage handling process.
on September 16, 2014
I just wanted something to keep my suitcase from opening in transit and this fits the bill. When I dropped my suitcase off with the TSA personnel I was asked if I had a lock on my suitcase. When I told him it was a TSA approved lock he said then it was no problem. If the TSA is happy, and it keeps my luggage secure, I'm happy.

The only small downside is that the keys aren't real easy to use. For some reason they don't work as well as they should. But they do work so I was fine with them.