1 Review

4.0 out of 5 stars Installs in minutes, August 2, 2009
This review is from: Brinks 2717-105 Single Cylinder Deadbolt Keyed on One Side, Polished Brass (Tools & Home Improvement)
After the cylinder in my last deadbolt literally fell apart, I decided I needed a new one from a different maker. Brinks offers a lifetime warranty. I couldn't beat that.

This deadbolt was simple to install. Instructions were very clear and it only took me a few minutes to get it in. The deadbolt glides smoothly, unlike my last one which I had to fight. And the lock feels solid.

The key is lightweight, almost doesn't feel like a real key; but I don't like heavy things in my purse, so that's okay with me -- as long as it works and doesn't break in the lock.

The indoor latch jiggles a little, which makes it feel a little bit on the cheap side. If it eventually breaks, I'll take Brinks up on its warranty and come back to post an update.

Otherwise, I'm satisfied with my purchase and I do have faith in Brinks. The lock works as it should, it's bright and shiny as I expect polished brass to be, the lock feels secure and it looks nice.