Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on May 2, 2014
This housing is way overpriced, but it is necessary if you are going to use your Brinno camera outside. Also note that the housing is NOT underwater rated... it is only rated for IPx4, which means basically rain.
on July 20, 2015
This works very well to protect my Brinno time lapse camera. The camera fits in it perfectly. I keep it outdoor at job sites and mount it to a tree, telephone pole, or on a tripod. The tripod mount works well. It has been through some very heavy rain, wind and snow with no damage to the camera. The case is easy to open up. In fact, the camera can be removed without taking it off the mount if I have it attached to a tree or pole with a simple screw in trail camera mount. That makes it handy to change the batteries or SD card without having to unscrew it from the tree. Using a tripod mount I need to remove it from the tripod in order to open it, but it is not a problem since I just snap it back in. The buttons allow for easy operation of the camera functions while it is inside the housing. I have been very happy that they have a solution that allows me to keep my camera outside worry free.
on December 20, 2013
I have had it out in the snow/rain for 2 months now shooting a project. Doesnt look
like it leaked.. so far so good
on June 30, 2015
Housing lasted for a few projects and then took on enough water to ruin the camera. We were documenting a house going up and ended up documenting the rain that took it out (happy to share the video, just ask). I wouldn't recommend this unprotected outside in anything more than a very light rain.
on September 30, 2014
The case is very well built and has easy to use latches. being able to use the camera buttons with the case on is great. This is a must if you buy the camera. It also has loop holes on the side so you can use a bungee cord to hold it to a tree or pole. Looks like it will be very sturdy also.
on May 13, 2014
Have purchased three of these to date and all have worked great. They have gone through some bad weather i.e. high winds and lots of rain and had not allowed any to access the camera inside.
GVG
on November 22, 2015
Not too bad, but overpriced. I wish it was sturdier and waterproof instead of just weather resistant so I wouldn't have to worry about water getting inside during a heavy rain storm or snow storm.
on February 13, 2014
I painted mine black, as to keep it from drawing attention at the jobsite, and to discourage theft. Really wish it would come in camoflage or black. All in all, satisfied.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 23, 2014
I bought a number of these for my company, we use them at construction sites. I really recommend this housing for the camera to protect from dust, moisture, etc.
on November 25, 2013
Kept it dry in some high winds and rain, the rain drops did not mess up the view, they dried up/dripped out of the way no problem