4.0 out of 5 stars Good but has limitations
Here is my experience after 2 months.
Pros:
Absolutely amazing battery life, seriously nuts, I sell pools and I video the installations, one month of one picture every minute and still full battery life?!
Smaller than a Coke can
Excellent view angle (slight fisheye effect but not too bad for me).
Good image quality

Cons:
Only makes...
Published 18 months ago by J. West

3.0 out of 5 stars It's fun.
Ok, so this is a fun little camera. Video quality is ok. It does just what it says it will....it takes pictures and renders them into an AVI file until you tell it to stop. Having a lot of fun with this....

Published 18 months ago by jerryk

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but has limitations, February 2, 2013
This review is from: Brinno TLC200 f1.2 Aperture Time Lapse and Stop Motion HD Video Camera with Built In Super Wide Angle Lens (140°) 120 Days Non Stop Shooting (Camera)
Here is my experience after 2 months.
Pros:
Smaller than a Coke can
Excellent view angle (slight fisheye effect but not too bad for me).
Good image quality

Cons:
Only makes .avi files
Menu and navigation are not intuitive
Not weather proof without a $50 case

3.0 out of 5 stars It's fun., February 4, 2013
jerryk "Jerry" (Portland, Oregon) - See all my reviews

It does leave you wanting more. It leaves you wanting a crisper image...a better lens. It leaves you wanting more dynamic range... In back a back lit scenario the sky will have blow out highlights or the foreground will be under-exposed.

But if you want to easily create time lapse videos, and not have to render them yourself. This little camera does it.

I'd be willing to pay more, if they make it do more..

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun toy, but has it's problems, March 22, 2013
Jinx McElroy (Columbia, SC United States) - See all my reviews
Link to footage shot with Brinno TLC200

[...] (Amazon doesn't allow linking to youtube, so go there and search "NATURE'S RECLAMATION OF RUDOLF - Brinno TLC200 time lapse test - ANAKRID")

My review of the Brinno TLC200 after conducting this test: As you can see, the camera is able to do what it advertises: take time-lapse video. However, there are many problems with this camera. Much of the initial footage was lost due to some problem with the camera losing *entire files* (which take hours to create). This is why the images in this film jump from very little decimation of the creature to intense putrefaction. All of the in-between footage was lost (including what should have been footage of a vulture working on poor Rudolf!). This problem with lost footage was solved by a download of a firmware update from the Brinno site. If you purchase this camera it is *imperative* that you download this update - you will save yourself many headaches. The camera handles bright sunlight very poorly and much footage had to be thrown out because of blown-out images. Overall it has absolutely terrible dynamic range. The color needed major correction in Sony Vegas and even with that, it still isn't hot. It is essentially a toy camera. Having said that, it is capable of capturing some wonderful images (if you get lucky). I got this camera on sale for very cheap. If you can score one for a low cost, I'd recommend it to play with - but I wouldn't use it for any critical projects.

4.0 out of 5 stars Likely the best product in this niche category, June 12, 2013
I bought this along with the waterproof case and have been pretty satisfied so far. We're building a house right now, so I have this set up in a tree across the street taking a picture every 5 minutes. I wish it wasn't bright green on the outside since I'll be leaving it there for several months and don't really want it to be noticed, but a little camoflauge tape solved that problem pretty quick. The camera is definitely a one trick pony, but fortunately it seems to do that one trick quite well. When I pulled the card out this last weekend, I was impressed that it only took a handful of seconds for the video to finish. You won't win any Academy Awards with the photo/video quality, but the colors came out pretty true to my eye and the resolution was fine. The truth is, if the photos/resolution were any larger then you'd run into the problem of having too large of a file on your hands, especially if you end up doing any extended shoots like mine. Given the constraints, I'd say they found the right sweet spot.

The screen on the outside is super low resolution, making it pretty tough to make out specific details, but I suppose its enough to help you get the shot lined up. Certainly better than nothing. This is obviously important, especially since I was a little surprised about how wide-angle the lens ended up being. Not a bad thing, just was surprised at how wide of a scene I could capture.

If I'm to be picky, I do have a couple of other gripes. I wish it had settings that allowed me to select a schedule for taking photos like some other products of this type (e.g., M-F from 8am to 6pm), but at least it does have a setting that allows it to not take photos when it's dark (although unfortunately in my case this didn't work because of a street lamp across the street that must've kept things just light enough to prevent it from turning off). But I knew this when I bought it. Also, it was kind of tough to get the SD card in correctly, which didn't inspire a lot of confidence in the camera's build quality. I don't anticipate any problems though, mostly because its not the type of camera you throw in a bag and carry around with you.

It's not perfect, but I did an awful lot of research before buying this and feel reasonably confident that this is the best product in this niche category.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brinno TLC200 Version 2.0 f1.2 Time Lapse Camera, June 5, 2013
DtD (Minnesota) - See all my reviews
A fun little time lapse camera to play with. I've had it about a month now and have had no problems to date. It is as advertised!

Picture quality is good and it has pretty good low light capability (for this type of camera).
Nice WIDE ANGLE view.
Has a low light option that allows it to turn off at low light (at night) and restart again when the sufficient light returns (in the morning) or to record regardless of lighting.

I'm happy with the purchase and think I'll have some fun with it.

2.0 out of 5 stars no way to connect to computer, November 13, 2013
Doesn't connect right to the computer, has no usb out. You have to transfer pictures, which makes stop motion video editing kind of difficult because you have to pick the camera up to get the usb card out. You can never get the camera back in the exact same position.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mac Incompatible, January 31, 2013
This clever camera is nicely made and has a simple user interface but it produces AVI files as the end product which a Mac can neither natively play nor edit. I wish it were otherwise as I quite liked it but my long standing choice of a Mac has made this an untenable choice for time lapse photography.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this camera, May 29, 2013
David W Anderson (BROKEN ARROW, OK, US) - See all my reviews
I simply love this camera. The 140 degree field of view is awesome. Plus, the bright, colorful images are excellent. I've been using this camera to record flowers opening - as well as using it in an industrial setting to show concrete being poured. It just works great! And, the battery lasts "forever"! I got the case and the stop-motion cable too. This camera is a lot of fun, but it also goes great in the workplace.

5.0 out of 5 stars well constucted, May 28, 2013
Pedro Pablo Munoz (Santiago, none Chile) - See all my reviews
A good camera for its purpose. Simple to use , well designed and reliable. The user interface is so simple that you don't need to open the user's manual :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded my expectations, May 22, 2013
My first test was at a local indoor mall.
Then I did out my window to capture my neighborhood.

The optics produce very good clarity and lighting.
So simple to use and the results are fantastic.
Compact and discreet so you don't get a bunch of hams dancing in front of it at events!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›