Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

VINE VOICEon July 20, 2009
Among all the ride-ons and battery-powered toys at my granddaughter's first birthday party, this was the biggest hit. When it arrived, I was surprised that it was smaller than I expected (even though I'd read the description), but it was the perfect size for a 1-year-old -- and very popular with her older toddler cousins, as well. It ended up covered with cake frosting and ice cream, but we stuck it under the faucet and it looked as good as ever. A really nice, simple toy!
on January 1, 2013
Disappointed. The toy is good quality.. but it is SO small..I didn't expect for the money this cost, to be able to fit this toy in the palm of my hand.
11 comment11 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 30, 2008
Over 25 years ago my children received Brio toys as gifts--and they were so durable and fun, I buy them now as gifts for children. They are well made and stand up to many, many hours of play. I saved my children's and they look brand new...the newer ones probably will too! (The 4 stars on the "fun" rating is an error--should have been 5 but I can't go back and edit it....)
on December 2, 2013
I am very disappointed in this toy. Good grief it is tiny. I guess I should have paid more attention to the dimensions listed. This thing is too small for anything but a baby. I'm pretty sure my toddler grandson will smash this in no time. Be warned it is not worth the price. Way too small in my opinion, the picture is deceptive.
on May 22, 2012
Our little grandson is finally crawling forward (instead of his usual backward propulsion) to catch the little doggies tail! His three year old sister pulls and he crawls - great fun for the siblings, while the doting parents and grandparents cheer them both on. All Brio products are soooo very durable!
on October 1, 2012
The little dog is well balanced,with a beautiful finish that resists chipping. The head turns, the ears can be moved and the tail boinged. The colors attract attention, very well made and babies love this dachshund. Simple and well designed, this one can move on to be used in the older childs play too. Elegant.
on December 31, 2012
I've stepped on it numerous times and almost fallen, it hasn't cracked or broke yet! I was worried about the tail ball falling off/choking hazard, but it is on there really good. My 18 month old plays with this toy every day.
on January 1, 2014
It's very cute and very nicely made. My four year-old specifically requested a pull along dog, a pull along fluffy dog. So, while I didn't even know these kinds of toys existed I did my research. Thanks, Amazon. I think I might have loved it were it a bit bigger, but my daughter didn't mention it at all. She is tall for her age and pulls it easily.
on April 29, 2015
The favorite gift of my one-year-old.

This is an amazingly well-made toy. It actually pulls, and doesn't topple like so many other pull toys. The way the wheels are positioned makes the tail bob really cutely. The way the head follows the puller makes it more life-like. The texture couldn't be smoother and the paint job is great. Superb quality toy.

I'm basically amazed at people rating it badly because of its size. Is bigger really better when the person handling it is a one year old? This is perfectly sized for the age range. She can drag it or carry it quite easily. A RIDICULOUSLY low price of $15 for the quality.You couldn't make such a great toy with two hours of labor plus the cost of materials.
on October 31, 2013
This is very cute, and my daughter loves it, but the pull string is a solid yellow, not the cute multi color shown. Also, the string is bulging in a couple of spots after only a couple weeks of play. Not sure, what's going on with this, but hopefully it doesn't continue or we may have to return.

See 1 answered question