5.0 out of 5 stars Great Basic Pitcher
It was time to replace my old Brita Pitcher, so I decided on this model. I am very happy so far. It is large (10 cups) yet the design seems like it takes up less space in the fridge.

Published on March 25, 2012 by R. Toro

I've been using Brita pitchers for 20+ years and have used a variety of its products. In the last 6 or 7 years, each time I got a new Brita pitcher, I just got more disappointed.

Published 23 months ago by Y. Leventhal

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Basic Pitcher, March 25, 2012
This review is from: Brita 10-Cup Everyday Water Filter Pitcher (Kitchen)

It claims to be BPA free (I didn't test it). And it works with the standard Brita filters. If you are familiar with Brita filters and like them, then this is a great pitcher for you.

It doesn't have the fancy lights or date indicators to tell you when to change your filter, but I had those before and they didn't work too well anyway. This basic model comes with the "sticker system" which allows you to put a sticker on the pitcher itself or on your refrigerator. The sticker has a reusable indicator that you can move to show when the filter is supposed to be replaced. (They recommend every 2 months, but depending on how much water you go through, it could be more or less frequently).

I'm very happy with my purchase of this basic pitcher, and I definitely recommend it to anyone in the market for a water filtering pitcher.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, Simple & Great!, February 28, 2013
This review is from: Brita 10-Cup Everyday Water Filter Pitcher (Kitchen)
I just had to say something in response to those that left negative feedback about Brita pitchers and how they always have to clean up spilled water up from their floors...REALLY? Can't you people just wait about the 30 seconds it takes for the water to filter through and seep to the bottom of the pitcher? That's about all it take. The lids DO fit snugly on all models [it's only when you fill the top with water, close the lid and attempt to pour yourself a glass of filtered water that the lid...any lid ...will pop off from the weight of all the water that is STILL on the top].

Anyway, great item, I've had the same original pitcher for 13 years - not one crack, still works great. Got this current model as a spare and it is just as good too. Enjoy

2.0 out of 5 stars Just another step in Brita's downward spiral to inexplicable design decisions, December 11, 2012
Y. Leventhal (Oak Hill, VA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brita 10-Cup Everyday Water Filter Pitcher (Kitchen)

Brita initially had a brilliantly designed product that caught on. Then they started tinkering with the design. But I guess there was a shortage of brain power (or an over-abundant supply of idiocy), so the design kept on getting worse: The lid started to fall off when water was being poured from the pitcher. Then the lid started NOT to fit...

This particular model has several issues:

1. It is very difficult to lift the filtering reservoir out of the pitcher. That is because the lip area has enough of an opening for fingers to grab the reservoir, but the handle-side is flush--and slightly receded under the handlebar. The reservoir is design such that one must use two hands to lift it, or else it won't come out. But there is only one place (barely) for two fingers.

2. Brita pitchers always had a flap at the spout, which conveniently keeps debris from falling into the pitcher. But it is not in this design. Gone.

Don't know what they are thinking or who messed with the original design. But this is truly annoying. I hope a new company can emerge to challenge Brita's dominance in this market and I'd be among the first to switch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Filters great, August 9, 2013
This review is from: Brita 10-Cup Everyday Water Filter Pitcher (Kitchen)
It filters all that water in under 5 minutes! My pur took over an hour to filter 32 oz. I highly recommend. Don't buy Pur. Brita is a good brand and their filters are everywhere.

1.0 out of 5 stars Foot buy, March 13, 2014
This review is from: Brita 10-Cup Everyday Water Filter Pitcher (Kitchen)
Water is good but I.'ll never buy one again ..
.pitcher is terrible to pour out of. ....you had better use two hands or there be more on the counter and floor than the glass

5.0 out of 5 stars Low cost but great tasting water, February 17, 2012
This review is from: Brita 10-Cup Everyday Water Filter Pitcher (Kitchen)
This was a low cost fix for my odd tasting water. Easy to use and inexpensive replacement filters. I purchased a 3 pack of filters to keep on hand when we need them. I'm glad I purchased this as we make coffee daily at our home and it's improved the taste of that as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great alternative to bottled water!, May 13, 2013
Ann (Sautee, GA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brita 10-Cup Everyday Water Filter Pitcher (Kitchen)
We live in a community with its own water supply and although it is always tested and kept to state water guidelines, we wanted to make sure the water we were consuming each day was pure. And I hate purchasing bottled water and throwing all those plastic bottles into the landfill.
The Brita Everyday Water Filter Pitcher is a great alternative. It is large enough for us to use everyday for our drinking and coffee making. We keep it in the frig where it is always handy. If you are looking for something like this you can't go wrong with the Brita.

1.0 out of 5 stars only filters lead and chlorine, April 21, 2014
This review is from: Brita 10-Cup Everyday Water Filter Pitcher (Kitchen)
I actually called Brita because I wanted to know if they filtered Manganese. He said no but he could list off what is filtered. After holding a few moments, he came back and said the only thing their pitcher filters filter out is lead and chlorine. Wow, that's it. I will not be buying any brita products

1.0 out of 5 stars Charcoal flakes continual, April 12, 2013
This review is from: Brita 10-Cup Everyday Water Filter Pitcher (Kitchen)
Disappointed container was scratched and water filter defective. I carefully followed instruction and flakes keep coming out. I checked with my daughter. And she had same problem I would not recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good pitcher, worse than they used to make., November 30, 2013
Mark (Redmond, WA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brita 10-Cup Everyday Water Filter Pitcher (Kitchen)
This is more or less like the normal Brita filters that they used to make 15 years ago, with three changes (and neither one is for the better)
-The lid does not fit as snuggly, so even if you're pressing down on it, you can't pour water while it's filtering without some coming out of the top tank
-The materials feel a lot shoddier and a lot less solid, but it's lasted well so far, so I'm not complaining
-The spout doesn't have a lid flap, so stuff could get in, but it doesn't happen to me, so that's not a big deal

Brita 10-Cup Everyday Water Filter Pitcher