Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on October 12, 2008
I have been using Brita water pitchers for a few years and I am a big fan of it. The taste of the water is very nice. It eliminates the need to buy dozens of bottled water every month and it helps the environment because it reduces the waste made from the plastic bottles. The previous pitcher that I have been using was poorly designed, but this pitcher is very much improved from the older ones. It's silm shape fits better in the fridge and the lid doesn't fall off when you pour, which happend quite frequently with the older model. The smaller lid is my favorite feature of this pitcher which makes filling it so easy. The electric timer is a TIMER, not a SENSOR. You reset the timer when you change the filter and the timer will count down 2 months, which is the usual lifespan of the filter.

Over all, a very nice water filtering pitcher. If you're sick of the plastic water bottles I would definitely recomend this product. Plus helps keep the environment clean!
11 comment| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 22, 2009
I have had this Aqualux Water Pitcher for a couple of months now, and the only way I could duplicate the problems other reviewers have written about was to do everything wrong. It works exactly as described if you read and follow the directions; soak the new filter then rinse it under running water; do not attempt to pour while the reservoir is still full; when filling the reservoir, do not allow the water to hit directly on the filter; etc. I use this pitcher all day long every day and have not had a single problem. The water tastes great, and my tea and coffee taste better than ever. Do not be put off by the negative reviews - this is a great little pitcher and a great value.
on December 6, 2007
The Brita Aqualux Pitcher is wonderful at filtering bad taste, color, minerals. The water from it tastes and looks wonderful!

HOWEVER...in the three weeks we've had it, the lid has fallen off four times while pouring. The lid does not go on securely, so if you tip it slightly too much while pouring, the lid comes off (along with all the water in the reservoir). This has happened to my 10-year-old twice and, I'm embarassed to say, me twice. The mess it creates is not worth the mess.

I wish Brita would address this problem because, otherwise, this is a fantastic product!
77 comments| 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 14, 2010
I was somewhat hesitant to purchase this Brita pitcher after reading some of the one and two star reviews. I find sometimes the lower rated reviews are even more helpful than the higher rated ones. As such, I knew what I needed to look out for. I've owned a Brita before, so I know how it works, however, I chose to follow the instructions and hopefully avoid a bad experience. First thing, the filter is packaged wet, so I can see if someone did not soak it long enough and rinse it, maybe there would be a foul taste to the water. Second, I ran the water through the filter for a couple of pitchers before drinking. One thing I noticed is that I did not place the filter in tight enough during assembly. That did result in charcoal in my drinkable water. After double checking everything and following the instructions to the letter, I honestly cannot see how some folks have rated this product one, two or even three stars. This Brita pitcher is great. Water tastes perfect and fresh and the pitcher holds up to frequent use. I highly recommend this product to everyone. One feature that this pitcher also has is a timer of sorts that lets you know when to replace the filter. It is that dark patch on the top of the lid with an LED bar system that is quite useful as opposed to the old refrigerator magnet sticker system. I am sorry that some folks have had bad experiences with this product, I just honestly don't see how.
on May 30, 2009
I agree 100% with a fellow reviewer named A. Ferguson. This is my 2nd Brita pitcher that we own. We loved the 1st one so much. When we came across a newer model in 2007, we bought one from Costco. We thought we would enjoy it like the old one that we had used for more than 7 years. We were wrong. Everything that was described by A. Ferguson is happening to us. The lid always come off when we try to pour water. We never attempt to pour it when the water is in the reservoir but it still comes off. It is horrible. I sent an email to Brita's customer service about our experience but the reply did not answer our question and concern. it was just a generic reply that a P.R. would do. Totally annoying and irrelevant. We love the taste of Brita filtered water but will not buy another Brita product until they can resolve the design flaw. I do not recommend this particular product to anyone.
on November 16, 2008
I bought this Brita water pitcher after reviewing a lot of filtration devices. This was one cost-effective product that was said to remove copper and other minerals. I have well water that's tested regularly for micro-organisms and its clean that way, but not for minerals. Basically my water was undrinkable, always had a scum on it. I knew there was copper and iron in it because my tub would turn blue. I don't of course use this filter for filling my bath tub. Now after almost one month daily use, my water is good to drink, to make coffee and no scum. I am glad I bought extra filters so when this runs out, a new one is ready.
I would definitely recommend this.
I have purchased the previous models of the Brita pitchers and there has always been an issue with the design. Not this time. They have finally come out with a style that really works.

Pros:
1. Non-slip grip on the Handle
2. A Knob you can press to open the port to fill with water. I previously had to remove the top to fill it with water.
3. The spout has a cover that only opens when you pour.
4. Filter replacement reminder.
5. The water does taste better than tap or bottled spring water.
6. It removes almost all the contaminants.
7. Slim design. Easilty fits in the fridge.

Cons:
1. Before you can use a new filter, you have to leave the filter submerged in water for 15 minutes, then you have to rinse it out. Then you have to fill it up twice, and throw the water away. Just a little tedious.

Summary:
Nice new design and it really cleans the water very well.
on May 29, 2008
This is a terrific product. The water tastes better than any bottled water I've ever found, using a Brita leaves a very small carbon footprint (a new filter every 3 months is required) and it saves money and resources. I think by using the Brita we have not used over 1,500 plastic bottles in the course of a year.
on January 1, 2010
I decided I needed to upgrade my 10 year old Brita (mainly because over time the plastic has yellowed), so I took a look at the reviews of the various new models. I must say I was a bit dismayed by the negative comments, so decided to go to Consumer Reports for a professional opinion. The Model 42558 Aqualux got a great review. I bought it; I love it.
on December 19, 2007
Have been using this pitcher for about a month now. The taste of my drinking water has improved greatly with this pitcher.