Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

• Customer Reviews

on June 19, 2011
I am writing a review on the whole system but it also applies to the replacement filters as well. I have had the same experience with every filter I have used from the very first day I bought my system.

I have used this product for almost 2 years now and I have to say that I am very pleased with the quality of product and the taste of my water. After I installed the item the first time it worked well for about 2 months and then started to leak around the seal. I removed the whole thing and reinstalled it nice and tight, never had a problem since. There are 2 functions that I love about the Brita On Tap system. 1.)The choice of spray or regular stream coming out of the faucet (not including the filtered water). This was why I decided to purchase this over other items that are similar priced. 2.) The swivel arm for the filter makes it very convenient to move the filter out of the way while doing dishes or for any other reason you need it to move positions. It can be a bit cumbersome looming over your sink compared to just having the faucet so this makes it nice when you need it out of your way.

I found the installation to be quite easy considering I am not the handiest man out there. Other than the one issue with it leaking the installation has been perfect. My water before using this system had a bad taste I noticed most when cooking. If I boiled noodles or anything else the bad taste was most noticeable, however, my drinking water was not the best tasting either. This Brita has fixed that problem completely. I do not have much background in science or water so I can't tell you what it removed or hasn't removed but I can assure you that I have not one bad taste in my filtered water. And my filtered water taste clean for a long time after the indicator light comes on telling me to change the filter. Which brings me to my only complaint. The company says these filters are good for 100 gallons. They have installed a indicator light to tell you when it is no longer working, green is good, red is bad. Typically my green light stays on for only a few weeks, long before 100 gallons. I know how much water I use because I fill the same amount every single day (1.5 gal/day) and only use more than that occasionally. The light switches to red before I use 50 gallons typically. I continue to use the same filter until I think I have used a hundred gallons and then switch and that system has worked for me. My biggest problem is why would the company put a light on there if they know it is not accurate? The only reason I can think of is to get people to purchase filters early so they sell more. I am not a fan of that.

I would recommend this filter if you are looking for a lower priced water filtration system that doesn't take up a lot of room. Like every good product out there, if you buy one and get it home and seems to be far off from the majority of reviews it is probably defective or not installed correctly. I am reminding you that if you have a problem with this I can assure you that this product works great for it's intended use and you should return the one you have for a new one if you seem to be having major problems. That is one benefit from doing business with Amazon, they are very easy to work with and want their customers to be happy.
on April 12, 2004
I have previously used the Brita water container, but the on tap water filter system is wonderfully easy to use! NO more awkard handling of a big water pitcher. I also enjoy the ability to switch between unfiltered and filtered water. It is small in size and not too bad to look at.
VINE VOICEon March 8, 2009
First off, let me point out that it's a bit frivolous to review these replacement filters. If you already bought Brita On Tap, then you have just two choices for new filters: white or chrome. For my kitchen, I prefer chrome.

These filters are expensive and they only seem to last a few weeks before the green light turns amber, then red, indicating that a replacement is needed. Don't trust the light. Try removing the filter cartridge, shaking it, and replacing it. In my experience, this almost always makes the light turn green again. These should each last months of casual use (~1 gallon per day), not weeks.
55 comments| 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 13, 2010
Ordered a Brita FF-100 along with two replacement filters a few days ago, and received it today. I installed it within 10 minutes, and had the water flowing thru the filter for the 5 minute conditioning. Afterwards, the filtered water tasted GREAT...as good as or better than the Aquafina water we've been buying lately. Our normal tap water has a metallic/chlorine taste, and is just horrible. With the amount of money we've been dropping on 24 packs of the 16oz Aquafina bottles, I figured it would be a good idea to see if the Brita filter could transform our tap water into a suitable substitute. It sure did! Definitely recommended.
VINE VOICEon January 7, 2005
We all know that the Brita On Tap is a nice water filter that gets the job done well. But it's easy to ignore changing the filter. When the time came to do so, I was impressed with (1) how easy it is to change the filter and (2) how much better the water flow was with a fresh filter. This purchase is a no-brainer.
on June 19, 2008
After using Pur faucet-mounted water filters for years, and having to replace them every year or two due to cracks or leaks, I finally tried Brita. Much better design! Easier to replace, no leaks, no cracks, same water quality. And through Amazon, better price.

UPDATE:

A year later--no problems so far. One quirk of the Brita, however, is that when it's in filtering mode the stream of water is quite narrow, and forceful, so it can easily bounce off whatever it's hitting and spray around. Filling ice cube trays, for example, requires a little practice to actually have the water stay in the compartments instead of spraying everywhere else. But really, this is nitpicking. Still prefer it to Pur. And it also takes up a little less space under the faucet.

SECOND UPDATE:

After a year and a half, I accidentally broke the unit by shaking the water out of some greens over the sink and hitting it. Didn't take much, I'm afraid. But I'm going to replace it with the same unit. The reviews of the unit itself are filled with angry one-stars complaining the thing pops off the sink, but those are all for FAUCETS THREADED ON THE INSIDE. Mine is not, and I've never had a problem. (Some reviews like the Culligan. I haven't tried it, but it has no indicator telling you when to change filters. That seems like a significant feature to me--I don't want to have to keep track of when I last replaced it, and be constantly either throwing away filters with use left on them or drinking unfiltered water for some unknown period of time.)

THIRD UPDATE:

My replacement unit didn't last very long. Even with a new filter, the indicator light was always red, the water didn't taste filtered, and I suspect the water just wasn't being routed through the filter at all. I'm going to try the Culligan.
44 comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 19, 2014
is that they are either really really old or they are not from Brita direct. I have ordered 3 of these now and within 45 days, they turn to red. In this batch, when I opened the first one, the package was filled with carbon and the BRITA filter itself was all covered in gray matter as well. I cleaned and soaked the filter, but I am not holding out to much hope on this order either.

On the plus side, I do love the filtration system itself. I just wonder if I have to buy a new one everytime now as the filter replacements just are not satisfactory at all.

UPDATE:
Received Box and box was open to where the filters were out of the box. Now I don't know if these filters will actually work as they should as I feel that if they are packaged so sloppily, then who's to say that the filters are actually 'filters'. So disappointed!
on October 6, 2014
Make sure you actually use up the first filter before purchasing these, don't waste your money the main unit will most likely malfunction before you need these!

My review on the main unit. - -

This thing is a piece of junk, it did not even last through one filter. Unfortunately I had already purchased a replacement pack. No matter how well you have it set up and how careful you are to follow the directions the design is just poor. It will start as a slow drip an build up until you are getting sprayed every time you turn on your water. Not wanting the replacement filters to be a completely wasted purchase and unwilling to purchase another faulty unit I figured out how to make it work. A couple large zip ties at just the right angle will hold the unit in place so it doesn't spray unfiltered water into your glass and on you. However this is just a temporary fix. Stay away from this filter, stick to pitchers or some other form.
on September 5, 2015
I have a white faucet filter base. I got the chrome just for the looks, but found out they do not fit my base, so I had to spend another $30 to get a chrome base. Not happy with Brita over this, but really need tap filtration, so I'll deal with it. But $50+ buys a LOT of distilled water, which is what I use for coffee. Was hoping that I could use filtered tap water and save recycling 10 plastic jugs per month. We'll see. New base will be here next week.
on February 9, 2014
For some reason I haven't been able to find these locally - so thank goodness for Amazon coming through again! I really like the on tap system - I just refill my water bottles, so it saves me money and (not that I'm a hippy) it saves using all of those water bottles that can end up in the trash (but mostly it's the saving the money thing)