Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Brita On Tap Faucet Water Filter System, White
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Color: White|Change

on February 2, 2013
Not sure what Brita did to ruin their faucet filters but I'm finished with them. The faucet still leaks at the connector. Neither the plastic threaded connectors nor the metal ones they sent me have stopped this problem. I even tried wrapping the connector with teflon tape to no avail. I had an earlier version for 7 years with no problems but have had major issues with the last 2 I've tried. This item deserves negative stars. Avoid at all costs!

I'm going to try the Purenex countertop filter as it's only $35 and seems to get good reviews.
on September 14, 2015
I've been using Brita for years. Love it, easy to install and use. Once in a while, every few years, you have to be a new base unit because the battery dies which powers the blinking light. Other than that, it is great. And the water tastes great and is perfect for wonderful coffee, tea and soups.
on March 10, 2012
Well Brita does one thing well and one thing alone; They filter water brilliantly. Out of the box the green indicator did not work. The plastic connector thingy used to bridge the facet to the filter unit was made of a flimsy plastic and was small, it was difficult to put in also. But it does filter the water better than my previous waterpik so yeah, I'll keep it for now...

UPDATE** the thing to turn broke....I'm back to my Brita pitcher.
on June 9, 2014
We bought the chrome filter specifically because it matched our kitchen faucet and sink. It was beautiful...much more aesthetically pleasing that a white "growth" hanging off the faucet...and it actually worked fairly well for about a year.

- I did find that it's impossible to tighten finger tight and have it stop leaking...that said, apply pliers VERY gently and only just enough to stop any leaking! Tightening this thing on the faucet requires finesse, not brute force, and mine never leaked in about a year of use.

- The filter life indicator is a joke. By that I mean, while it works fine, it can't be seen without shining a flashlight down into the little port on top of the unit.

- Water flow through the unit, whether filtered or not, is significantly restricted, but we got used to it.

-I read reviews about the valve being hard to turn between filtered and regular flow. Ours was just fine for about a year, and then it slowly became difficult to turn...so much, in fact, that we were afraid of breaking the unit off the faucet. We called Brita and the first operator told us they'd send a replacement unit...which never came, so we called again, and got a refund of the purchase price instead.

With our refund, we bought one of the electronic versions (with the little LED on the side that flashes), and have been completely pleased.

Note that the filter cartridges for the chrome unit are the same filters used for the similar white unit AS WELL AS the electronic version, so if you don't mind having a chrome filter on your white unit, you can use any extras you might have when you change units (which was lucky for us, since we bought a 4-pack of extra chrome filters when we bought our original unit).

Bottom line: If installed carefully, it filters water as advertised...BUT...the indicator is a joke, and the filtered/regular valve needs a redesign to fix the "hard turning" problem. For essentially the same price as this chrome unit, you can get the electronic version of Brita's on-faucet filter which has a better valve and a lighted indicator....it'll just be white and not as pretty on your faucet.
on May 18, 2013
Do not waste your money on this. We are on our third and final faucet system. All three have had the same problems. They leak after just a few days and the water coming out of the filter is in a spray and it splatters. You would think that something with the price tag this item has would work better. The only reason I even have it is to have filtered water for my Keurig. Will definitely be trying another brand since this one is really pathetic.
on October 13, 2010
What a frustrating piece of junk; I can't recall any other inanimate object that I have wanted to punch so much as I would like to punch this thing.

The similarly priced Pur filter that I bought previously broke after about a month so I decided to give Brita a try. It seemed OK for a few days, but then it just started falling off all the time.

Literally every 3rd or 4th time it is used it either shoots water in my face and then falls off or just falls off. I diligently put it back in place, test it, usually get spared in the face a few more times, and eventually get it to stay. An hour later it's spraying my wife in the face.

Horrible device.
on October 11, 2013
I chose this rating because, the Brita On Tap Faucet Water Filter System, Chrome, works for me. I like this product because I use it on a daily basis, it is a little slow with the filtering (seems like all filtering systems take time). I would recommend this to anyone who is patient. Although, while waiting to water to be filtered through you can always find something else to do while waiting. It is overall is great!
on September 4, 2012
The faucet filter is made the same way (probably the same place) as the main competitor. But this SCREW ON VERSION called "COMPLETE", is worth gold! We have saved soooo much in plastic bottles and new coffee makers. I love it. The threads should be brass, but outside of that, there is nothing better. The choice of filter, stream, or spray is what sets this faucet filter apart. I can get them to last about 2 years (if it is NOT used as a handle to move the faucet around). And no, you shouldn't tighten it so much it doesn't move; you will ruin it.
But what do you want/expect for under $30.00?

Have tried the less expensive (clip on) version and hate it. It simply doesn't work very well. So save yourself the annoyance and buy the better version, treat it well, clean the faucet screen every month or two, DON'T use it as a handle, and you will be satisfied.
on May 26, 2013
In my opinion, this is a much better buy than the lower priced Brita filter without the indicator light that lets you know when the filter needs changing. I mistakenly bought the cheaper one since the packages are similar, then realized what appeared to be an indicator light was a colored disk of some sort. I called Brita to find out what was wrong. They explained the difference to me, but made no effort to help me with a discounted exchange. Also, the cheaper model only has 2 options: filtered or non-filtered. The better one also offers a "spray" option, which I like.
on February 27, 2013
I have been using this brand for 6 years now. I do have to admit, however, that I am going through the third one. I noticed that this last one that I just purchased from Amazon has a metal ring now. Hopefully that will make it more durable than the previous ones. We'll see.