Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

Package Quantity: 1Color: BlueChange

on September 6, 2012
I bought this bottle despite the reviews regarding the leak problem. My bottle leaks as claimed when the product description clearly states "Leak-proof bottle design". 1 Star lost. After properly washing it before first use and cycling the filter, I measured the TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) with an electronic tds meter. My city's tap reads 356 and after using the brita bottle, it read 354. Most bottled water is less than 100. As I write this review, nowhere is it stated that dissolved solids are filtered. When you buy this bottle new, the wrapper in fine print claims to filter out sediment. Another star lost.

With all that being said, I still like this bottle compared to plain tap water. The bottle is sturdy enough for everyday use and the leak isn't too bad considering the price. The taste with this bottle compared to tap is quite notable. I wasn't expecting much after reading the other reviews and the only reason I removed 2 stars is for false advertising on Brita's end. It's not leak proof nor does it truly filter sediment as stated in the fine print. One last thing.. This bottle costs about the same as a bobble but is made in Mexico. The bobble is made in the u.s. and has somewhat better reviews. Hope my ramble of a review helps any potential buyers.
77 comments205 of 215 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 25, 2011
I picked up the Brita Bottle as soon as I heard it was coming out. So far I love it! Makes it easy for me to get filtered water where ever I go and it's definitely helping me drink more water. My recommendation is to ditch the bottled water and get one of these.
1616 comments89 of 104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 12, 2011
I have been wanting to get a filtered water bottle and immediately bought this one when I saw it on TV. It's great because I am always on the go and it's nice to be able to fill the bottle up anywhere and know that it is filtered. The pros: nice gripped handle loop, sleek bottle, filtered water
The cons: you have to suck kind of hard to get the water out, but you get used to it after a couple runs through.
I would definitely recommend this bottle!
44 comments86 of 103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 31, 2011
I was about to do a whole body cleanse and thought it would be a good idea to have a water bottle that I could fill up anywhere and have good drinking water, especially since I was about to consume quite a bit more water than usual as part of the fast, and bottled water, even in a big old jug, can get expensive.

I also cannot stand the taste of the tap water where I live, all I taste is chlorine and a weird metallic taste and I am really picky about bottled water, because some if it tastes weird to me.

After I received the bottle, I followed directions on how to first clean it and flush the filter with water. Then I wiped the bottle and it's parts of water before assembling because some reviews said the bottle leaks. I left the little loop thing on, it makes it easy to carry, at least I find it handy.

The water, which I filled up from the sink, tasted way different from what it normally tastes like. No chlorine, no weird metal taste, just good clean water.

Each filter will last about two months give or take, so it's actually very cost effective. The bottle has never leaked even though I do not wipe the parts down of all water dribble like I did when I first began using it, but if I see a lot of water on the parts that screw on, I will wipe it off but it's not something that takes a great deal of time, it probably doesn't need to be done at all but I just like to take care of stuff.

So, no leaks, and great tasting water....oh it is a squeeze bottle and is best used as one. What I mean is you can suck the water out but I think it is just easier to squeeze. Plus, the water tastes good, so you may want to drink it fast, not sip

Since my cleanse, I pretty much use this bottle every day...Highly recommend!
on September 26, 2013
I bought one of these bottles and absolutely hate it. When you squeeze it (which you have to do because it takes tremendous effort to suck it out), water leaks out from around the lid - a lot of water. If you've tightened the lid normally, it gushes out. If you tighten it with all your might (and I am pretty strong), it's better, but you'll still end up with water all down your front.

I bought a second one, thinking the first was just defective. NOPE - same problem.

I have really been disappointed with Brita products, in general, and this bottle is just another reason I will never again buy their products.
11 comment16 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 1, 2011
I received the bottle and carefully followed the directions (washed it with mild soap and squeezed the first bottle out). When I secured the lid and tried to drink from the bottle, the water dribbled out all over me and my office floor. I tightened the bottle again and took a sip -- with the same result.

I do NOT recommend this product.
44 comments40 of 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 8, 2011
I purchased these bottles at our local grocery store @ $8 each. I thought these bottles would be great to have in our RV when we travel to areas of the country where water doesn't taste that great.... I was WRONG!

I hand washed the bottles, filled, and assembled them, and planned to dispense them to purge dust from the filters before the first use - just as indicated by the product instructions. Even though I assembled the bottles correctly, (nothing cross treaded or squeezed), water immediately worked its way past the threads of the main cap and leaked EXTENSIVELY!

I visited the Brita website to find contact information, and noticed the customer reviews right on the product page. After reading them, I discovered that MANY customers had the exact same issue with these bottles. I e-mailed Brita customer service, and all I received was their "general form letter"; which instructed me to do everything I TOLD them I had already done. Their response even went on to tell me to not confuse CONDENSATION for leaks! Seriously? Like I would really mistake condensation for water GUSHING past a threaded cap?!?!? Idiots.

Brita customer service is just as worthless as this product.
22 comments97 of 128 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 11, 2011
This water bottle leaks through the cap threads from the very instant that I got it. I tried tightening it hard as I could and it still leaks.
Thank you Amazon for making returns so easy!
33 comments25 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 28, 2011
It's a great idea, I knew I would drink much more water if I had one of these, as the city water isn't very good and I'm almost always near a tap.

However, it doesn't work. The filter is fine, but the bottle and cap are constructed so poorly that it leaks constantly, in the threads. It didn't leak for the first 2 weeks as long as I took out the handle-strap and really tightened the cap, but now no matter what I do it leaks (quite a lot) all the time. Sorry, but a water bottle with a sports top that leaks all over the place is no good.

Terrible item, save your money for when they spend more than 5 cents making them.
11 comment26 of 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 11, 2011
Overall the bottle is pretty decent. I mainly got it to improve drinking water in Chicago so I'd quit buying bottles of soda. For that purpose it works great. The little finger loop causes my bottle to leak, so it's worthless, just remove it and it works fine.
The filters only purpose is to improve taste, it's a class 6 filter which means it's filtration is >50 microns for particulate.
11 comment9 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse