4.0 out of 5 stars B-Agile vs. City Mini - B-Agile is great - almost perfect!
I had a Bugaboo Cameleon since my son was born - but we are now moving from NYC to the suburbs and the Cameleon just isn't easy to get in and out of the car, so I sold it on Craigslist and looked at both the 2011 Baby Joggger City Mini (BJCM) and the B-Agile. I ended up liking the B-Agile more than the City Mini for a few reasons:

1) I'm short (5'0") and the...
Published on August 7, 2011 by Rachel F

1.0 out of 5 stars I sold the B-Agile and bought a 2012 City Mini
I really wanted to love this stroller. I did tons of research and chose it over the Baby Jogger City Mini because of a number of factors. But after having it for 5 months, I was so disgusted with it that I sold it on Craigslist and bought a 2012 City Mini. I am astounded by all the positive reviews and thought I'd add my own.

The biggest things that irked...
Published on August 5, 2012 by Kindle Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars B-Agile vs. City Mini - B-Agile is great - almost perfect!, August 7, 2011
This review is from: Britax 2012 B-Agile Stroller, Red (Baby Product)

1) I'm short (5'0") and the handle on the BJCM was way too high for me. It was also wrapped with this cheap plastic/rubber handle guard which I didn't like at all. The handle on the B-Agile was exactly like my Bugaboo - felt like the same height and was also wrapped in the same material as the Bugaboo.

2) I found the push/glide of the B-Agile to be better than the City Mini. I see almost no difference between it and the Bug Cameleon. It might even be easier to maneuver b/c of the 3 wheel design!

3) B-Agile has suspension. I don't believe the BJCM has any suspension - at least it didn't feel like it did!

4) I liked the material better on the B-Agile better than the shiny slick material of the BJCM. (This is a personal preference, of course.)

5) The seat in the B-Agile was roomier and overall looked more comfortable. The seat was sturdy and structured - not a slumpy soft material seat like the BJCM. Both strollers provided good back support.

6) The straps on the B-Agile outshine the BJCM by a million miles. They are so easy to adjust - no re-threading or re-clipping needed and the buckle is childproof. (Many of my friends 3 years olds can get themselves out of the BJCM buckle in an instant.)

7) The basket is more accessible than the BJCM.

8) The canopy is large, but not too large to block the child's view when out for a stroll.

9) The peek-a-boo window in the canopy is mesh (not ugly vinyl) and allows for air-flow.

Now for the complaints..... ;)

1) The seat in the most upright position is not upright at all. It's still at a pretty significant angle. My son likes to sit up and look around and he simply can't do that w/ the B-Agile in it's manufactured state. With that being said, I was able to rig the straps that adjust the incline to make the seat upright. Basically, I take the 2 hanging straps in the back of the stroller and wrap it around the frame. Then, I take the D-shaped rings at the end of the strap and fit them in between the snaps that connect the seat material to the frame of the stroller. It works very well, except you have to unsnap the rigged straps before you collapse the stroller. Not a huge deal, but Britax should have made a more upright seat, like the 2011 BJCM velcro strap option.

2) The frame is creaky sometimes when the stroller is loaded up with stuff and you need to turn it.

3) After the promotion is finished at the end of August, the stroller will come with no add-ons. ALL add-ons need to be purchased separately. I wish it just came with at least one added feature like a cup holder, a rain cover, a carry bag, child tray, etc.

4) The child tray attachment is a good feature, but I wish that it was adjustable! It's just too far out for my 17 month old son.

3) The storage pouch in the back kind of hangs in an ugly way, in my opinion. You can roll it up to get it out of the way.... but then you can't use the storage pouch!

I think that's it! Overall, I'm very happy with the stroller and think it was a good choice for my needs. If the seat went totally upright on it's own, I would have given this 5 stars, instead of 4!!!

***UPDATE AS OF 7/18/13 ***
So, my experience with this stroller is nothing shy of stellar. I now have a 2nd child who is currently 15 months old and she also loves the B-Agile. My son (now 3) also still loves it and fits in the stroller great. He even took naps in it when we recently went to Disney! My daughter doesn't mind the reclined seat as much as my son did, so I'm not having to "rig" the straps as much for her. I only wish the B-Agile Double had come out in time for the birth of my daughter. I ended up with the CityMini Double and HATE it. I just can't justify buying the B-Agile Double since I already have the BJCM Double. Boo.

As an added bonus, Britax customer service is AMAZING. I called earlier today b/c the stroller's break keeps sticking. I've cleaned it, but it just keeps getting stuck in the locked position. In addition, the front wheel also keeps going into the locked position for no reason. Since the stroller is still under the 2-year warranty, Britax is replacing the entire stroller for me! They are also covering the shipping cost to send my old one back. Simply amazing. I will most definitely be a Britax loyal customer for life ;)

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Britax stroller has excellent ride and collapsibility; sterling customer service, March 27, 2012
Scott Schiefelbein (Portland, Oregon United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've seen a lot of changes and improvements during my 9 years of experience with strollers and while this one isn't perfect it's one of my favorites and I would have given it 4 ˝ stars if I could. This stroller has all the features of the bulkier and heavier travel systems and for my money this is the best choice for meeting most needs other than situations like being at the airport where you would want the more compact folding of an umbrella stroller.

What I like:
- Easiest unfolding and collapsing of any stroller I've ever used
- Excellent ride, very smooth, tight turning
- Large comfortable seat with a very large canopy that has a mesh viewing window
- Lightweight for the ride and comfort that you get
- Easy braking and brake release
- Very flat when folded
- Being able to attach the infant carrier basket is not common with strollers this light

What could be improved:
- As others have mentioned, the seat doesn't come to a fully upright position and the work-around that another reviewer mentioned doesn't really work for me since I use this stroller as my car stroller so I'm opening and closing it too many times in a day to take the time to set that up and unhook it every time.
- The solid bar handle makes one-handed steering a little harder than with strollers that have two individual handles. This is minor, but I like being able to hang shopping bags on the individual handles of some of my other strollers too.
- Returning the seat to the upright position from reclining takes two hands and I have to get down on one knee to do it.
- This is the only stroller I've ever owned that doesn't have a parent's tray or small pocket near the handles to hold things like keys, cell phone, etc. There is a storage bag that hangs from the top of the seat back, but it is very large and deep, so those objects fall down to about knee-level where the bottom of the storage bag sits.

Even with the flaws, this stroller has such a fantastic ride for its weight (the only other stroller I have with as good a ride weighs twice as much) that I switched it with my umbrella stroller in my car. It weighs 5 pounds more than my umbrella stroller, but is still light enough that it hasn't felt inconvenient or cumbersome to use it several times a day.

As a reference, I am 5'11" and my wife is 5'9" and we both think the non-adjustable handlebar height is comfortable though I suspect someone over 6' tall might not find it as comfortable.

I want to comment also on an experience I had with Britax customer support. Our first stroller had a stiff foot brake and occasionally didn't disengage when I released it and I would have to set the brake again and release again to get it to fully release. I thought it might just be stiff because it was brand new and decided to give it some time to loosen up. But over the next six weeks the brake release got worse so I called customer support. I was told that the brake was an integrated part of the stroller frame so they would send me a replacement stroller. I was not put on hold or transferred to another department or made to feel like I was making up the problem. The replacement stroller arrived within a week along with a return shipping label to send the other stroller back. The new stroller brakes perfectly and my easy and positive experience with Britax customer support has earned them a loyal customer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the City Mini, July 27, 2011
This review is from: Britax 2012 B-Agile Stroller, Red (Baby Product)
I was in search of a lightweight stroller for running errands, going to the store, etc but wanted something more substantial than an umbrella stroller. Since my baby is 2 months old, I also wanted something that could lie flat. I got several recommendations from neighborhood moms for the City Mini, so I was pretty much sold on it until I went to "test drive" it and came across the new B-Agile. The strollers have the same look, are the same size, and just about the same weight. But, the B-Agile won me over because it has:
- a much smother ride - the shocks seem better and the wheels are better
- better foot clearance - the City Mini is not good for people with long legs and/or people who take long strides. B-Agile has a curved bar so your leg can fit
- better seat padding - the City Mini feels hard as rocks compared to B-Agile, plus B-Agile has a great infant head rest
- fabric isn't as "slippery" - City Mini fabric feels slick and cheap
- handle bar much more comfortable to hold - similar to BOB
- folding is SO easy and locks into place automatically
Everything else is comparable or the same. For $10 more than City Mini, get the B-Agile. Only downfalls are the expensive attachments (you will pay just as much for Baby Jogger City Mini attachments)....for $249 you'd think they would give mom a cup holder for coffee!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars I sold the B-Agile and bought a 2012 City Mini, August 5, 2012

The biggest things that irked me:
- having owned both strollers, the quality of the City Mini just outstrips the B-Agile in every way. You can tell just in assembling both strollers.
- the seat angle is way too reclined. The City Mini adds velcro straps to hold the seat more upright, and the B-Agile totally needs the same thing.
- the zipper pocket that hangs off the back of the stroller was constantly coming loose; there is just a thin strip of velcro holding it on to the frame, and it needs a snap or something to secure it. Can't tell you how annoying it was to constantly be smoothing that thing down and trying to keep it on.
- I had not realized that the no-thread adjustable harness means there is a hard metal bar all along your baby's spine. If you can see the B-Agile in a store, feel the back with your hand and you'll see what I mean.
- Other reviews had mentioned the force you need to get your child out of the harness and they were right. Absolutely ridiculous and so annoying when you have a crying baby you're trying to get out of the stroller. The City Mini harness system is designed much better.
- I much prefer the fabric on the City Mini, but that could be personal preference. Color choices are also a lot better with the City Mini.

A very small list of things I think the B-Agile does better than the 2012 City Mini:
- I do think the ride is slightly smoother in the B-Agile; but as the driver, the City Mini is easier to maneuver.
- The City Mini has these two weird red straps that I guess you are supposed to snap and unsnap each time you use the stroller. Ridiculous and negates the benefits of the whole easy-fold system. (I just don't use them, but still.)
- The B-Agile has a slightly bigger and deeper seat than the City Mini, which was nice when my 6 year old wanted to ride in the stroller. (But it's really for his little brother. :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nicely made, but not perfect, August 4, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My quest for the perfect stroller has been ongoing for the past 10 years. At this point in time I'm convinced that a perfect stroller does not exist. I've had Peg Perego, Graco, Chicco, Evenflo and Kolcraft strollers. I've also taken numerous other strollers for test drives. The bottom line is every stroller is missing at least something that keeps it from being labeled "perfect". For the Britax B-Agile, there are a few things that keep me from being able to call this a perfect stroller.

For starters, I'm not a fan of infinite reclining seat backs. No matter how easy or simple the manufacturer claims they are, there's usually something that gums up the works. For this stroller, right out of the box it the adjust function didn't work well because the webbing on on side was installed twisted. After talking to their customer service [who offered to replace the stroller citing the problem as unable to be fixed] and playing with the sliding adjustor and the webbing, I managed to straighten out the webbing to allow the seat back to adjust smoothly. I suppose it's possible that the webbing could twist during repeated use.

It should be noted that while you could use this stroller with a newborn, the seat back does not fully recline. It comes close to it, but it does not form a flat surface like the Chicco Cortina does. It does recline enough that a baby will be able to nap.

I'm not thrilled with how this stroller folds. Sure it's quick and easy, but I honestly don't see myself folding this with a baby in one arm. I particularly don't like that this stroller doesn't stand on it's own once folded. It's a feature that I've always appreciated in my Peg Perego, Chicco and cheap-o Evenflo strollers. The way this stroller folds also places the handle on the ground. I don't know about you, but I prefer the portion of the stroller that my hands will come in constant contact with to stay off the ground. I can only imagine how dirty the handle bar will get as I fold this up in the muddy parking lot at the soccer field.

The buckle on the child restraint harness is incredibly stiff. Releasing the straps from the buckle takes a good deal of effort. I had previously thought he Peg Perego buckles were the worst, but Britax certainly proved me wrong. If your child is a pint sized Houdini, then this buckle should do an excellent job of keeping him or her in the stroller.

The lack of a parent tray for the price of this stroller also does not impress me. I've felt the same way about my Peg Perego strollers as well. For what you're paying for this stroller, it would be nice to not have to buy the cup holder, too. In my experience the add on cup holders for these higher end strollers are usually unable to hold anything other than a water bottle.

The storage basket underneath is ok. If the stroller is fully reclined you're going to have some difficulty accessing what is in there particularly if you carry a larger diaper bag. It's not an awful storage basket but it's not the best either.

I'm not a fan of the fixed height handle bar. I'd much prefer one that is adjustable. I'm 5'5" and I find the height for the handlebar on this stroller to suit me nicely, but I can see how shorter or taller parents might have issues with the handle height.

So what do I like about this stroller? Well, the canopy is very nice. It's generously sized and will certainly shield little ones from the harsh sun. I love the peek-a-boo window on the canopy. The flap lifts up to reveal a mesh insert which you can see through. This design means you won't have clear vinyl that develops a hole over time or gives you a distorted view. It also means you can actually see your child. I have a Chicco Cortina and I'm amazed at I can't even see through the peek-a-boo window. The rear of the canopy has a nice storage pocket which can be rolled up and secured (You'll notice that Britax was skimping on the elastic and the loop to secure the back of the canopy is not long enough to work, I remedied this with an elastic hair tie.). Once the back is rolled up there is a mesh lining that offers ventilation.

I love how smoothly this stroller handles. I'd have to say it's the smoothest ride of all the strollers I own, so it gets high marks for that.

The one touch brake is nice. It is easily engaged and disengaged. I like that one touch locks both rear wheels. Since the brake isn't stiff, you can lock and unlock the brake with sandals on and not kill your toes as you disengage the brake. It's the best brake lever that I've encountered on a stroller.

The stroller upholstery is nice. The material is a type that feels like it can easily be spot cleaned. I'd say the fabric is comparable to what you will find on Chicco and Peg Perego strollers. It's certainly nicer than what you will find on a Graco, Baby Trend, or Kolcraft stroller.

Adjusting the height of the harness straps is pretty easy. I like that there's no rethreading involved.

The maneuverability of this stroller is excellent. It's probably the only stroller I own where I won't wind up running it into everything in my path. With a lighter child, you should be able to push this stroller one handed. I tested it out with my six year old who is 43 inches and 46 pounds. Pushing her in this stroller required me to use two hands.

So how well did the six year old fit in the stroller? Well, I'm surprised to report that she had plenty of head room with the canopy fully extended. With it folded up her head was hitting the canopy. Her knees were up a bit but this stroller can certainly be used in a pinch for a larger child. She told me the seat was comfortable.

Overall, the stroller isn't bad. Depending on what you are looking for in a stroller, this one may be a great fit for you. While there's plenty about this stroller that I don't like, I can certainly see myself using this one a lot in the future.

3.0 out of 5 stars I really wanted to love this..., February 17, 2012
With all the great reviews out there, I was hoping to love the Britax B-Agile. There are a lot of good things about it, but there are enough cons that I'm thinking of returning it for something different, or perhaps keeping it as backup and getting something else for a main stroller.

First, the good points:
- Very, very easy to fold and unfold. I like that there is a safety button to push before folding it and a locking mechanism. We looked at the Baby Jogger City Mini and both of those features were missing.
- Lightweight
- Seems to be well made and sturdy.
- Easy to assemble
- Ride is fairly smooth
- Infinite recline positions
- Brake is easy to use
- Nice canopy, good viewing panel at the top

Drawbacks:
- Stroller basket seems small. I had a hard time getting my diaper bag in the bottom.
- Buckle is very hard to use. My little guy has been pretty calm but I'm worried about trying to use it when he's bigger and/or squirming.
- Hard to raise seat with baby in it. Full upright position is still reclined a bit too much.
- One-handed steering was unimpressive.
- No parent console
- No tray or bumper bar
- Can't raise canopy for taller kids
- The footrest portion tapers; I'm not sure how comfortable that would be when a child is big enough to use it.

Overall, the main features of the stroller are impressive. However, the little details are what makes the experience, and that is where this stroller falls short.

***********************
Update - February 2013

My little guy is now 18 months old and not so little. ;-) Having had and used the stroller for a year, I would recommend looking further. These are the issues we continue to have:

- Buckle has not gotten any easier to use. Poor guy gets very crabby waiting for Mom to try to wrangle it open.
- Even with a larger-than-average 18-month-old, the add-on snack tray is just too far forward to reach. Especially considering...
- The seat doesn't come fully upright. My son HATES that. Hates, hates, hates it. To the point where he wants OUT of the stroller, when he would usually sit happily in our 2012 B-Ready (with the seat fully upright). The harness makes it hard for him to pull himself upright, even when I loosen it.
- Still don't like the bottom basket. The curved bottom bar that prevents you from kicking it also blocks the entry to the basket.

I use our 2012 B-Ready whenever possible but I don't like flying with that one because it's so big. However, after traveling for a week with my B-Agile, I'm ready to get rid of it. It's easy to fold and tote around, but that doesn't do much good when my son doesn't like sitting in it and I don't like using it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this stroller...., July 24, 2011
We were looking for a high-end but lightweight, compact, travel-friendly stroller. Our umbrella stroller wasn't cutting it anymore, and our Bob Revolution stroller was too bulky for travel, daily errands, and our sedan trunk. The Britax B-Agile is light; I can carry our 25lb baby in one arm and the stroller in another arm, up and down stairs; it is compact (went to the beach and could pack all our family's items plus the stroller in our Infiniti sedan trunk); it is super easy to fold up (just grab by the carry handle and press a button-it collapses to almost flat. The sunshade is huge. The storage below the baby is adequate and comparable to that of the Bob. The stroller also has a reclined position for the baby, which is as easy as pressing a button to let it down, or pulling a strap to raise it up. Handle bar is a good height...I'm tall and like that I don't have to bend over to reach it. I'll probably keep the Bob for running on rough terrain, but that's about it.

5.0 out of 5 stars In the end . . . we chose the B-Agile!, August 2, 2011
We tried the Baby Jogger City Mini (BJCM), Britax B-Agile, and a few others in the store recently and decided to go with the B-Agile. Although we have only owned it for a a very short while, here are some of the things we love about this stroller:

- Current sale price makes it nearly $30 less than the BJCM and includes your choice of a FREE Britax item
- 55 lb weight capacity (BJCM is 50 lbs; most other strollers even less)
- Quick and easy 1-step fold w/ automatic stroller lock (BJCM does not have automatic lock); lock makes the fold more compact
- Very lightweight at 16.5 lbs (feels lighter than the BJCM although they are the same weight)
- Accepts Britax infant car seats w/o the need to purchase additional adapaters (a plus for us since we own Britax car seats)
- Large rear wheels (larger than BJCM)
- Narrow width which makes shopping and manueverability a breeze (width is slightly less than BJCM)
- Sliding adjustable no re-thread 5-point harness
- 5-point harness buckle is easy for parent to lock/unlock but very difficult for a child to do (BJCM is too easy for a child to unlatch)
- Nice seat fabric (seems comfortable, not slippery and does not feel cheap)
- Curved rear frame - keeps taller parents from kicking the stroller when walking
- Generous canopy w/ 1 mesh window (BJCM is slightly larger and has 2 windows)
- In full recline entire back of stroller has mesh pass-thru which can also be covered
- Generous storage basket (larger and more accessible than BJCM)
- Numerous seat recline positions with very easy toggle recline
- Soft and generous padding on seat, including an infant head rest (much softer than BJCM and most other lightweight strollers)
- Parking brake is 1-step foot
- All-wheel suspension (not sure if BJCM has this)
- Wheels easily remove for even more compact storage
- Wide/tall seat (nearly 14 inches wide) with very generous seat to canopy height (more than 25") - accomodates older/taller children easily

Overall, for us, this is a great lightweight stroller which we intend to have replace our Maclaren umbrella and more than likely our pricey Phil & Ted's from a day to day needs standpoint (plan to soon try it on grass, mulch, etc). It seems that it will be able to meet our needs of both of those strollers together and for just a little over $200! We rated it 5 stars but please keep in mind, we have not owned this stroller for very long. We hope in the months and years to come we will still feel it is worthy of this rating.

UPDATE (Aug 2012):
1 year later and our stroller looks nearly new and is still treating us well - this was a great purchase for our needs!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for my tall hubby!, August 10, 2011
E. Rosenthal (Denver, CO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Britax 2012 B-Agile Stroller, Red (Baby Product)
I don't have a lot to add to the other reviews here, but I did want to mention that this stroller works for tall people. My hubby is 6'5" and all legs, and he has no problem. The fact that there's no bar between the back wheels really helps, and the handle is tall enough.

3.0 out of 5 stars Possibly best of its kind, but some annoyances, April 16, 2012
Having never strolled with the city-mini except around the stroller section of our local Babies-R-Us, it's hard for me to say exactly how this compares. I think both strollers have excellent sun canopies and are light and easily collapsible for convenient travel. I chose the B-Agile because I liked the looks (the fabric is very classy and sharp) and it rolls like a dream. This thing is smooth! Feels sturdy and well-made, I really like the padded grip on the handle bar (much nicer than the rubber grip on the city-mini.) Also, at the time I purchased, the City Mini was still having the issue of the slumpy seat, which was very uncomfortable for kids. They have since fixed the problem by putting a supportive board in the back of the seat to prevent that hammock effect. The B-Agile has never had this problem. It is very comfortable for my baby. But, since the City Mini has solved the seat issue I may have made a different purchase choice.

Some points to consider about this stroller:

-- The rear axle is curved. I liked the _idea_ of this as people reported kicking the back of their City mini stroller, but it doesn't work in practice. The wheels are so close together that I am constantly kicking the part where the wheel inserts into the axle. Unfortunately on the right side that is just where the foot brake is. And so several times in the middle of a walk I will accidentally engage the break which is just shocking when you aren't expecting it. I imagine it could even be dangerous, but so far it's just a surprise and annoyance. I am 5'6" and don't have a particularly wide stride, but it has happened several times. It happens even more to my husband, who is 5'11", normal build. Because of this I am always a little on guard when walking with the stroller. I wish I could just relax!

-- Because of the rear curved axle it's hard to access the under-seat cargo basket. Which is too bad, because it's actually a nice size.

-- The harness clip is very hard to undo. Constant annoyance. I am the only one in my household who can do it so it's my job. My husband won't touch it. You have to push down very hard and tug at the strap at the same time. We've used the stroller for 9 month now and it's still a pain in the rear. Broken lots of nails over it. And when your baby is desperate to come out it's frustrating to no be able to get him out. At the same time, I do like the harness and the straps are easy to adjust but don't loosen by themselves. I understand the City Mini has some problems with the harness not staying closed. This one for SURE doesn't have that problem.

-- It folds up easily, but unfolding it can really trip you up. I bought this stroller mostly for travel, especially flights. I love how easy it folds to go through security and to gate check. But on the other side, after the flight, when I have the baby in one hand and am trying to unfold the stroller quickly to get out of people's way, man, do I wish I had a city mini! The City Mini has a patented one-hand fold and unfold system. Which I guess is why Britax was unable to copy it for their stroller. So, you press a gray button on the side of the stroller, and just give the handle a tug to fold it up. SO easy. Can absolutely be accomplished with one hand while holding your child. Then it locks shut. This part is nice SOMETIMES. It stays closed so you can put it down and it actually stays propped upright in place wherever you put it. That can be very convenient. But it requires two hands to unfold. You must depress one side of the lock and, with the other hand, pull the stroller open. The lock has to get past 2 ridges. Sometimes with one hand I can get it past one, but never both. I have to ask a stranger to hold my baby on the jet bridge to open my stroller. And my son usually screams. It's awful. Then, boy do I wish I had a city mini to pop right open! In the car, when you can leave your child in the car seat until you get the stroller sorted out, this is not a problem.

The Good Parts: Smooth ride, easy steering, lightweight, lovely fabric, great sun canopy, comfy seat. I added a universal parent console that adds convenience for keys, boarding passes, water bottles, etc. But I do wish I could put a travel cup for coffee and not have it spill all over the place. Maybe with the extra cup-holder Britax sells you could accomplish this.

Okay, to sum things up, I really like the stroller. My husband, too, comments all the time how smooth and easy it is. We are happy with our purchase. But the many annoyances cannot be ignored. And now that City Mini has fixed their slumpy-seat problem, in retrospect I may have purchased a City Mini, instead. Good luck with your decision!

Britax 2012 B-Agile Stroller, Red